Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Euro J: wardrobe service, meals, welcome drinks...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
LH Euro J: wardrobe service, meals, welcome drinks...

Hi all,

I'm taking LH for the first time in March from FRA to VLC (evening flight) in Business Class. I know that short haul J class is more or less always the same between european airlines. I fly a lot in J with AF, IB, UX and BA. I find that some small details like wardrobe service or welcome drinks make the difference between the airlines,

So I was wondering, what can I expect on this flight?
- Wardrobe service?
- Pre departure welcome drink?
- Pre meal drink?
- A hot meal? (the flight is 2h15mn)

Thanks all!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Satie
Hi all,

I'm taking LH for the first time in March from FRA to VLC (evening flight) in Business Class. I know that short haul J class is more or less always the same between european airlines. I fly a lot in J with AF, IB, UX and BA. I find that some small details like wardrobe service or welcome drinks make the difference between the airlines,

So I was wondering, what can I expect on this flight?
- Wardrobe service?
- Pre departure welcome drink?
- Pre meal drink?
- A hot meal? (the flight is 2h15mn)

Thanks all!
In short: no, no, yes and no.

Wardrobes have been enhanced away a couple of years ago, so that you are now able to stuff your coat in the overhead bin (or depending on the crew hang it on the bulkhead if you are in a bulkhead row).

There are no welcome drinks (and LH serve no champagne on short haul) but you should get a pre-meal drink. The meal will be a selection of cold plates (salad, meat, desert) with bread warmed in the oven forming the hot component.

in terms of comparison with other Euro-business class, they are all much of the same indeed. Who still has wardrobes, for example?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No wadrobe installed ... no pdb.

Meal seems to be Snack in the evening LH1164... which is usually served after a pass of the beverage cart.

Code:
DOLH1164
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              LH1164    0 TU 27FEB18 ASM
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
FRA          2055  TU JCDZPYBMUHQ/S       321         2:15      
                      VWSTLK/S                                  
VLC 2310  TU                                                2:15

COMMENTS-
 1.FRA VLC   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 1                               
 2.FRA VLC   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
 3.FRA VLC   - C200                                             
 4.FRA VLC   -  CO2/PAX* 129.84 KG ECO, 129.84 KG PRE           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                    

CONFIGURATION-
               321  C  38   M 147
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by MichielR

In short: no, no, yes and no.

Wardrobes have been enhanced away a couple of years ago, so that you are now able to stuff your coat in the overhead bin (or depending on the crew hang it on the bulkhead if you are in a bulkhead row).

There are no welcome drinks (and LH serve no champagne on short haul) but you should get a pre-meal drink. The meal will be a selection of cold plates (salad, meat, desert) with bread warmed in the oven forming the hot component.

in terms of comparison with other Euro-business class, they are all much of the same indeed. Who still has wardrobes, for example?
Thanks for the information!! Well, Iberia and Air Europa have wardrobe service for instance. But I'll survive without it !
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Satie
Thanks for the information!! Well, Iberia and Air Europa have wardrobe service for instance. But I'll survive without it !
It’s survivable, that just about sums up LH intra EU J service these days, still wondering how that gets them the only 5* carrier in Europe award 😂
htb likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:04 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
There are no welcome drinks (and LH serve no champagne on short haul) but you should get a pre-meal drink.
I am pretty sure I got champagne on my short-haul LX flights. Is that how they want to differentiate from LH on short-haul?

And, yeah, also on LX no wardrobe, which I wanted to use for my suit bag once, since I didn't like to have that in the overhead bin. That's pretty sad and un-business-y...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH serves German sparkling wine on short haul... not Champagne...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Not wishing to hijack the thread, but I have a somewhat similar question. In our case the flights in question are rather longer. We are booked in BIZ on LH856 from FRA to KEF. We are also returning on LH857.

Given that these flights are, respectively, 3h40m and 3h30m in length, can we expect a hot meal, or will it still be a cold offering? I am aware of what European BIZ is like with such airlines as AF and BA, but have not taken a BIZ flight of this length on LH for some time.

I'd also be very grateful for any information on any other aspects of these flights.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by Stanbury
Not wishing to hijack the thread, but I have a somewhat similar question. In our case the flights in question are rather longer. We are booked in BIZ on LH856 from FRA to KEF. We are also returning on LH857.

Given that these flights are, respectively, 3h40m and 3h30m in length, can we expect a hot meal, or will it still be a cold offering? I am aware of what European BIZ is like with such airlines as AF and BA, but have not taken a BIZ flight of this length on LH for some time.

I'd also be very grateful for any information on any other aspects of these flights.
At least on my usual route FRA/MUC-HEL (approx. 2h30 flight time) there is always a warm meal with two options available. No champagne as with LX but pretty decent offer compared to other EU airlines.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:42 am

LH856/7 is marked M for meal service in Y & C, which indicates a warm meal. Flights to/from HEL have M in C and S in Y.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH856/7 is marked M for meal service in Y & C, which indicates a warm meal. Flights to/from HEL have M in C and S in Y.
Thank you for the helpful response.

Just wondering where you got this information from? I could not see it anywhere on the LH site. EF maybe?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:41 am

I don't recall if EF still shows FLIFO, that will show you the meal info.

https://servicehub.amadeus.com/c/por...flight-details
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Well, I may have to correct my original response. Was offered a hot meal (choice of fish or veal) on my evening FRA-MAD flight in C this week, similar to other longer European flights. No guarantee that VLC will have the same.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
With LH Euro C you will get:
- A seat in the famous LH Camping Chair
- Middle Seat Empty
- No Wardrobe, be aware to try to use priority boarding to get a higher chance to store the hand luggage, with a low priority that it is enforced
- No Newspapers or magazines - be sure to download some stuff on your iPad
- Internet on bordon some planes. But you have to pay extra for that.
- Snacks and Meals seved on China. Quality is OK.
- Reduced Miles if booked in P or Z Class
Just the one and only five star service in Europe!
hugolover, marcoos, zeer0 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
I fly FRA-VLC-FRA route in J occasionally, and it is as others describe (with cold meal). In general I'm quite fine with the service, although I do wish that there would be a separate FRA airport bus for J passengers for boarding at a remote stand, and the VLC flight often seems to be parked at a remote stand. If you're flying back to FRA on LH from VLC, FYI at VLC, they sometimes don't really separate the priority boarding well, but there are very few priority passengers and you just have to approach the agent and they'll let you through. Sometimes they will recognize you from the check-in desk as they're often the same agents, and they'll proactively wave you up.

Here's what the cold meal looks like. This is lunch VLC-FRA in December. Rest of the flight report here on my blog.

Here's a breakfast picture VLC-FRA from August. Rest of the flight report here on my blog.

And a couple years ago I took the evening flight FRA-VLC - but you can see the setup is basically the same as my more recent lunch flight. Though after this meal, which already included a dessert and chocolates, they handed out ice cream bars! So many desserts Maybe because it was summertime? (Here's the flight report on my blog)

Well, I may have to correct my original response. Was offered a hot meal (choice of fish or veal) on my evening FRA-MAD flight in C this week, similar to other longer European flights. No guarantee that VLC will have the same.
FRA-MAD is just slightly longer than FRA-VLC, just putting it over the threshold for hot meal service I believe. I learned this when my sister flew FRA-MAD in Y, and was surprised to find out that she was served a hot meal! On FRA-VLC in Y it is always just a sandwich, pastry, or yogurt.
Anderson24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.