? Seat allocation for PE seat MUC->TXL with 2 classes of service

Old Feb 16, 18, 8:13 am
gum
Original Poster

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
? Seat allocation for PE seat MUC->TXL with 2 classes of service

Screenprint showing Economy seats available for paid seat reservation but no Premium Economy seats for the shorthaul segment.

Dear community,

just have seen that Lufty uses an Airbus A340-600 sometimes on weekends for the short leg between Munich and Berlin.

I know that a/c changes can occur. But keeping the fingers crossed.

However I would like to know if there is a proven way to book the PE seat for a domestic flight for non-status customers?

The reservation system only shows the first row of "normal" economy being able for seat reservation for the charge of 25 Euro or the other comfortable Y seats with no charge (for the corresponding booking classes).

How could I reserve the rows 25-29 (2-3-2 instead of 2-4-2) just to experience this product on this leg?

Info would be fine

Best regards

gum
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:27 am

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Originally Posted by gum View Post

Screenprint showing Economy seats available for paid seat reservation but no Premium Economy seats for the shorthaul segment.

Dear community,

just have seen that Lufty uses an Airbus A340-600 sometimes on weekends for the short leg between Munich and Berlin.

I know that a/c changes can occur. But keeping the fingers crossed.

However I would like to know if there is a proven way to book the PE seat for a domestic flight for non-status customers?

The reservation system only shows the first row of "normal" economy being able for seat reservation for the charge of 25 Euro or the other comfortable Y seats with no charge (for the corresponding booking classes).

How could I reserve the rows 25-29 (2-3-2 instead of 2-4-2) just to experience this product on this leg?

Info would be fine

Best regards

gum
You could probably reserve one of these seats by upgrading your FFP card from Blue to Senator. After OLCI begins, any unfilled seats will possibly be available to other *G cardholders.
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, EB*G(1)
If you fly Economy, why should you be eligible to snatch PE seats? But curious, is there an upgrade option at all - and if, how much?
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by PAX_fips View Post
If you fly Economy, why should you be eligible to snatch PE seats? But curious, is there an upgrade option at all - and if, how much?
because maybe PE is not sold on this route? Same as first seats with business service I suppose where you could take the first class seats without any extra charge
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:21 pm

FYI with SEN status you can select the Y+ seats although the seat map weird
Old Feb 19, 18, 4:09 am
gum
Original Poster

Smile Thanks for the details regarding seat reservation

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer View Post

FYI with SEN status you can select the Y+ seats although the seat map weird
Thanks KidFlyer for your great post and enlightening me how the seat allocation works with your elite status.

Dear PAX_Fips: Lufty could make some money by either opening this seats for elite/status travellers (what they are obviously doing) or charging 25-35 Euro for the seat with extra legroom (what they are not woing). Just for collection of some cash and in view of the fact that it seems that they don't have enough short-haul air frames.

And to make a passenger enthusiastic about this product. Especially with the fact in mind that this short hop doesn't really save time (train from city ctre MUC to BER is only 4 hours). I would have bought this flight just to test out the product and thinking about the 300 Euro r/t surcharge to Asia for the next flight.

Just would like to say thank you to the FT community for the immediate and detailed response.

Best regards

gum

Slightly off-topic: Additional thank you for supporting my opinion that Lufthansa is well organized. Will keep it in mind about Mar 15th, 2018 when the release their actual corporate results.

Last edited by oliver2002; Feb 19, 18 at 9:46 am Reason: removed large quoted image
Old Feb 19, 18, 5:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, EB*G(1)
gum: got it.. you're right. revenue missed by LH.
At another thought, this Widebody is only flying while Sicherheitskonferenz? Since "the best IT" cannot adapt fast, it's just a gimmick for Statusholders or whatever.
Old Feb 19, 18, 8:13 am
gum
Original Poster

At another thought, this Widebody is only flying while Sicherheitskonferenz? Since "the best IT" cannot adapt fast, it's just a gimmick for Statusholders or whatever.
I completely agree with Lufty to open that seats primarily to status customers.

To show the product on short-haul may lure the customers (e.g. the wife) to co-decide to choose Lufty for the next holiday trip.

I think this will be the same with the (re-) positioning flights when the A 380 fleet will be divided between FRA and MUC.

Status customers will then have the opportunity to fly in zone 1 of the main deck and experience the feeling of space due to the fact that not everyone will be able too book that.

Surely and out of curiosity I will try to recheck one day before the departure of that flight just to communicate if and how that would work for a Blue member...
Old Feb 19, 18, 9:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

No its because of the ITB. Also selling PE seats is a rather nasty proposition in case the aircraft is swapped for a A32S due to operational reason or low loads...
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 10:23 am
gum
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
No its because of the ITB. Also selling PE seats is a rather nasty proposition in case the aircraft is swapped for a A32S due to operational reason or low loads...
Thanks Oliver2002! Good to know that they are using a l/h aircraft sometimes on that route.

Now the seat map shows the P/E seat as preferred zone and with the option to reserve and to pay an amount for that seat.

Just was curious after seeing the contributions here:

Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines introduce "preferred seat zone" on long-haul flights

That's great. And I will keep it in mind.

Best regards

gum
Old Mar 1, 18, 2:11 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
They've been doing some weird things with PE also where the 747s were flying between FRA and TXL.
Showed up at first, then went missing, then showed up again...

Ultimately I was able to buy a seat for the usual 10 euros, which at least somewhat made up for their blocking off of the upper deck business.

Oh and btw. the seat map was weird in almost the same way it is in the screenshot shown here.
gum likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: