FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   [LO] Not impressed with B737 MAX – Europe’s shortest seat cushion? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1893993-lo-not-impressed-b737-max-europe-s-shortest-seat-cushion.html)

TPJ Feb 14, 2018 4:51 pm

[LO] Not impressed with B737 MAX – Europe’s shortest seat cushion?

After 3 WAW-LHR or v.v. trips, I am totally unimpressed with LO brand new B737 MEX aircraft:1. If you believe airlines can even think of anything worse than LH’s NEK seats, I have a feeling those who fly on LO B737 MAX aircraft would soon appreciate how great these NEK’s are. MAX seat cushions are very short, what makes the whole experience uncomfortable. I have not taken any pictures, but there is a Spirit Airlines trip report by OMAAT and the concept is the same – make the cushion as short as possible, to keep the seat pitch remotely acceptable (so it is either your a.s or legs – but not both - that fit):

Spirit-Airlines-Big-Front-Seat - 2 - One Mile at a Time

And honestly, FR seats are mega comfortable comparing with LO (sorry – not kidding). I have one more WAW-LHR booking in C and scored 1A, so will check if C-class has similarly 'comfortable' seats… (and I guess it might then be back to BA on that route).

There is no curtain between C and Y. Only on a single flight F/A’s made some effort to announce that the forward lavatory is for C-class passengers only (but folks could move back and forth, anyway).

LO aircraft – even the oldest – are normally very clean and well maintained. I was shocked how dirty these brad new aircraft are: baggage bins (inside and outside), seat backs - you can see dirt all over the place. I really do not understand how they allowed these aircraft to be so dirty.

These aircraft are equipped with power plugs (one for each seat), but on one of my flights they were already out of order.

Tray tables are small – probably 50% smaller than on other LO aircraft, might not be a problem in Y, but in C and Y+ they still serve food. I think a normal C-class tray (with hot meal) might not even fit. I will report after the C-class trip.

After one of these LHR trips, I flew to KRK on E175 – it was like day and night – comfortable seats, proper cushion size, good seat pitch…

But if these MAX’es is an indicator LO wants to take the Ultra Low Cost route, at least you are warned…

hugolover Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Oh awful...I thought BA would be the better carrier on this route because they have the "long" catering in CE.

The morning flight to LHR was regularly an E190.

Did LO have to get the US taxpayer to back the purchase of these, just like the 787s?

jackebofh Feb 15, 2018 2:58 pm

After flying the B737 Max a few times, i can confirm the seats and cabin aren't very comfortable.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f31b3a82f1.jpg

First few rows have extra legroom

AlicorporateUK Jun 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 29417653)
After 3 WAW-LHR or v.v. trips, I am totally unimpressed with LO brand new B737 MEX aircraft:1. If you believe airlines can even think of anything worse than LH’s NEK seats, I have a feeling those who fly on LO B737 MAX aircraft would soon appreciate how great these NEK’s are. MAX seat cushions are very short, what makes the whole experience uncomfortable. I have not taken any pictures, but there is a Spirit Airlines trip report by OMAAT and the concept is the same – make the cushion as short as possible, to keep the seat pitch remotely acceptable (so it is either your a.s or legs – but not both - that fit):

Spirit-Airlines-Big-Front-Seat - 2 - One Mile at a Time

And honestly, FR seats are mega comfortable comparing with LO (sorry – not kidding). I have one more WAW-LHR booking in C and scored 1A, so will check if C-class has similarly 'comfortable' seats… (and I guess it might then be back to BA on that route).

There is no curtain between C and Y. Only on a single flight F/A’s made some effort to announce that the forward lavatory is for C-class passengers only (but folks could move back and forth, anyway).

LO aircraft – even the oldest – are normally very clean and well maintained. I was shocked how dirty these brad new aircraft are: baggage bins (inside and outside), seat backs - you can see dirt all over the place. I really do not understand how they allowed these aircraft to be so dirty.

These aircraft are equipped with power plugs (one for each seat), but on one of my flights they were already out of order.

Tray tables are small – probably 50% smaller than on other LO aircraft, might not be a problem in Y, but in C and Y+ they still serve food. I think a normal C-class tray (with hot meal) might not even fit. I will report after the C-class trip.

After one of these LHR trips, I flew to KRK on E175 – it was like day and night – comfortable seats, proper cushion size, good seat pitch…

But if these MAX’es is an indicator LO wants to take the Ultra Low Cost route, at least you are warned…

A few flights on one of the MAXs (for the records, SP-LVA on all 6 occasions, funnily enough) in the last couple of weeks and I can only second the above comments from my good friend TPJ: one of the most uncomfortable seating I can ever recall; I was booked in business class and I wish that, for once, we had a Y policy given that I could have scored an emergency exit’s seat and enjoyed a cup of tea without having to come up with some (unknown until then) acrobatic skills in order to eat as the tray table is very small, the legroom is not the best and, adding to misery on one of the above occasions, the chap in front decided to have a nap and fully reclined. Service from the crew was great, though - and the food as well, possibly the best catering in Europe together with OS.

God how much I miss the days of the AZ’s MD80s and those nice-big-comfy green seats at the front...

G

CHCflyer Jun 30, 2018 1:45 am

I think I flew on an American Airlines' edition of the MAX recently. Does LOT have those stupid sinks in the 'bathroom' where you can wash only one hand at a time?

jackebofh Jul 1, 2018 11:35 am

Like the one below? I'm afraid the answer is yes.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...19de6249e4.jpg