Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Child goes crazy on flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Originally Posted by lighting
Cool, we are back to guessing and making up facts about this situation. Thought we'd made progress.
Observing the kid siting on top of the seat back as a safety hazard is not guessing or making up facts. Apparently, you haven't made progress.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by rbwpi
Observing the kid siting on top of the seat back as a safety hazard is not guessing or making up facts. Apparently, you haven't made progress.
Why is he sitting on top of the seat back?

Please only state actual facts, not hyperbole, conjecture, make up guesses or anything else, just facts. Try it, you might like it, it's called progress !
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Craig
Societal norms and expectations.

And they vary a lot from country to country.
Who issues the contract and who decides what is a soceital norm and expectation? You?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

8 days of this now.
rbwpi, piotrger, Maniak and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by lighting
Why is he sitting on top of the seat back?

Please only state actual facts, not hyperbole, conjecture, make up guesses or anything else, just facts. Try it, you might like it, it's called progress !
For whatever reason he is siting on top of the seat back, does not alter the fact he is a safety hazard. I would suggest you follow your own advice. Being snarky doesn't improve your credibility.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
8 days of this now.
The problem is, you can explain things to people, but you can't understand things for them.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by htb
I'm rather sure "911" won't connect while taxiing at a Germany airport
Dialing 911 or any of the other widely used emergency numbers (112, 999. etc.) won't dial the actual number. Instead, the cellphone will send a network request to connect to the local emergency call center. So dialing 911 in Germany will connect you to a German emergency call center.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:50 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Calling 110 and saying there is a child loose on flight LH xxx about to take off from FRA causing a safety hazard takes about 10 seconds! Nothing much to explain....
Actually you just need to tell them you are on the flight and feel there is a safety problem - they will take it from there!
The tower being informed and stepping in to check and question less than 3 minutes!
It is a standardized process!
Out of curiosity: do you have actual experience or is this just the way you expect it should work?

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
Dialing 911 or any of the other widely used emergency numbers (112, 999. etc.) won't dial the actual number. Instead, the cellphone will send a network request to connect to the local emergency call center. So dialing 911 in Germany will connect you to a German emergency call center.
Thank you -- I didn't know this. Indeed you might be connected to either 110 or 112, the latter being responsible to send out "emergency teams" (firefighters, ambulance...).

HTB.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by andywaw
No matter what the kid's and his mother's problems are, the crew would definitely not let this happen in Business Class or First Class section, so why did they let this happen in Economy Class? Do they assume Economy Class passengers do not deserve a quiet flight?
HA! But the flight crew did let it happen on a JAL flight I was on just recently, an infant would not stop crying for four hours. My tickets were Business Class...

Last edited by travelerguru; Mar 16, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by travelerguru
HA! But the flight crew did let it happen on a JAL flight I was on just recently, an infant would not stop crying for four hours. My tickets were Business Class...
I don't particularly like children, but a crying baby is hardly the same as a relatively large child that need some limits yelling for 8hrs because the mom cannot and will not handle the situation.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by theddo
I don't particularly like children, but a crying baby is hardly the same as a relatively large child that need some limits yelling for 8hrs because the mom cannot and will not handle the situation.
^
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:17 am

Apparently Thai is stopping people carrying children on their lap on the787-900 in business . Hopefully this trend will take off in the rest of the world and those in J will not have to put up with screaming for 8 hours.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:24 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsched
Apparently Thai is stopping people carrying children on their lap on the787-900 in business . Hopefully this trend will take off in the rest of the world and those in J will not have to put up with screaming for 8 hours.
I fail to see why that would be a good idea.

First, it sounds extremely selfish / elitarian.

Second, most children on flights I have encountered didn't make much noise. They may have cried for a view minutes during cabin pressure changes or for other reasons, but that was over quickly. So I don't think this is an issue that needs to be addressed in such a harsh manner.

HTB.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by htb

Second, most children on flights I have encountered didn't make much noise. They may have cried for a view minutes during cabin pressure changes or for other reasons, but that was over quickly. So I don't think this is an issue that needs to be addressed in such a harsh manner.

HTB.
With the current business class seat, it is getting worse and worse for lap children in them, so I would wager it was a response to the safety of lap children, not a decision based on a reluctance to have children in the cabin.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
It was intended tongue in check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.