Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[New Lounge Concept?] New MXP Lounge advertised on FRA Schengen SEN Lounge screens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New Lounge Concept?] New MXP Lounge advertised on FRA Schengen SEN Lounge screens

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Sorry, my post was probably slightly confusing: the old lounge is now closed, replaced by the one shown in the above pictures.
I asked a question about the lounge in the Newbie Thread a few days ago, but maybe that was the wrong location (unfortunately I cannot put a link, as I am still under 5 posts). Would be great if somebofy here could help.

Have not been to MXP since the new lounge opened. Can the new lounge be accessed on arrival or is it impossible to get into the departure area after deplaning?

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MXP arrivals deplane into a level below the departures. I saw some signs pointing towards transit, so I would assume you can get to the departures level, the question is if there is a security checkpoint there and if anyone is checking your credentials.

That said the new MXP lounge is rather nice. Sadly it got very crowded on the friday evening I was there. This meant the wifi was super slow, which made watching Spain vs Portugal on my phone very painful. The TV in the lounge was set to BBC world and the attendants were not allowed to change it to the match.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
MXP arrivals deplane into a level below the departures. I saw some signs pointing towards transit, so I would assume you can get to the departures level, the question is if there is a security checkpoint there and if anyone is checking your credentials.
Thank you very much!

The way from the arrival level to the departure level was exactly what I was worried about, as I have never connected at MXP, only arrivals and departures. Has anybody here ever tried?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by plaintalk

Thank you very much!

The way from the arrival level to the departure level was exactly what I was worried about, as I have never connected at MXP, only arrivals and departures. Has anybody here ever tried?
Try your luck in the Italy forum, there may be people there connecting at MXP more often than LH passengers.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Try your luck in the Italy forum, there may be people there connecting at MXP more often than LH passengers.
Will do that, thank you!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:53 am

Had an early morning flight out of MXP and was shocked at how good the LH lounge was! Didn't expect an outstation lounge to have freshly made espressos to order, an extensive F&B offering rivaling most hotel buffet breakfasts, and spacious bathrooms. Bravo Lufthansa! The F&B selections were easily at the SEN lounge level.

Which other outstation lounges are like MXP?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Had an early morning flight out of MXP and was shocked at how good the LH lounge was! Didn't expect an outstation lounge to have freshly made espressos to order, an extensive F&B offering rivaling most hotel buffet breakfasts, and spacious bathrooms. Bravo Lufthansa! The F&B selections were easily at the SEN lounge level.

Which other outstation lounges are like MXP?
I am under the impression that the quality at MXP has gone down since it opened. LDs could be friendlier, too.

To to answer your question: BOS.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I am under the impression that the quality at MXP has gone down since it opened. LDs could be friendlier, too.

To to answer your question: BOS.
I don't have an earlier point in time to compare the lounge quality to, but as of a few days ago, I thought the MXP lounge was super! Thanks for the tip about BOS- I'm intrigued by its a la carte dining for F passengers.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:49 pm
Suspended

AMS is pretty good. It's not a LH group lounge but branded as a star alliance lounge. Still, LH group would be the heaviest user, me thinks.

It's also pretty new and arguably a bit better than LH C lounges at the hubs.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I don't have an earlier point in time to compare the lounge quality to, but as of a few days ago, I thought the MXP lounge was super! Thanks for the tip about BOS- I'm intrigued by its a la carte dining for F passengers.
BOS is the gem of the outstations. But I also like the one at JFK.

In Europe, MXP and ATH are certainly among the best.
nldogbert, iluvdoco and vantage03 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by worldclubber

In Europe, MXP and ATH are certainly among the best.
I certainly agree on these 2 as some of the best lounges in the LH system. The one in ATH is really a notch above any Senator lounges in FRA or MUC, although one small comment of the ATH is that the Greek culture of just using the lounge for entertaining their own personal (was during Christmas when I passed through and they had a sort of lunch gathering for the handling agent of LH in the lounge where the just use the F&B facilities of the lounge for their lunch "celebration" - admitedly it did not bother much of the other lounge users).

Cheers!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I certainly agree on these 2 as some of the best lounges in the LH system. The one in ATH is really a notch above any Senator lounges in FRA or MUC, although one small comment of the ATH is that the Greek culture of just using the lounge for entertaining their own personal (was during Christmas when I passed through and they had a sort of lunch gathering for the handling agent of LH in the lounge where the just use the F&B facilities of the lounge for their lunch "celebration" - admitedly it did not bother much of the other lounge users).
I never experienced something like that at ATH, but it should not happen.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
The MXP lounge is good, but good enough to make one fly out of MXP over Linate (when it re-opens)? Not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.