Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LH shower personell

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down The LH shower personell

In general im really impressed and pleased with/about the staff working for Lufty. From the people at the check-in desks, the staff at the lounges, the flight attendands, the staff in charge of the social media stuff, etc. Generally spoken, most employees do their utter best to help you and make you feel happy and comfortable.
There's just one thing that ticks me off every single time when visiting a LH lounge. The staff in charge of the lounge showers is always extremely unpleasant to interact with; they don't speak any English, they are often super rude and worst of all, it seems as if they couldn't care less.

For an airline that prides itself in being super customer friendly and on top of that, the only 5* European airline, this just doesn't make sense to me.
carenero likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by NiCre
In general im really impressed and pleased with/about the staff working for Lufty. From the people at the check-in desks, the staff at the lounges, the flight attendands, the staff in charge of the social media stuff, etc. Generally spoken, most employees do their utter best to help you and make you feel happy and comfortable.
There's just one thing that ticks me off every single time when visiting a LH lounge. The staff in charge of the lounge showers is always extremely unpleasant to interact with; they don't speak any English, they are often super rude and worst of all, it seems as if they couldn't care less.

For an airline that prides itself in being super customer friendly and on top of that, the only 5* European airline, this just doesn't make sense to me.

Can't agree more
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NiCre
they don't speak any English
Many of them don't speak German too. At best, dribs and drabs.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:43 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Interesting. I realized most of them don't speak any German, but I was always able to let them know in English that I'd like to take a shower. All of them were very pleasant to interact with and their (possibly) limited English didn't pose any problems.

I'm afraid I can't agree with your assessment.

HTB.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by htb
+1

5charmin
Grog likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: LX SEN
My experience has been most of the time pleasant with the exception of my “last shower” in the A senator lounge in FRA a few weeks ago. 1 of the 2 attendants was a bit stiff and unwilling to elaborate on the waiting time. No big deal though.

This attendant may have caused to OP to post.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:27 am

Never had any issues - communicating either in English or "German" (when I try to make a fool out of myself).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
With a few exceptions, I usually find the shower staff alright, despite the limited English and/or German. MUC seems to win over FRA (as in so many categories).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: *G, LO SEN, Shangri-la Diamond
Never had any problems with the staff. Wait time is another story sometimes....
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Give 'em a break

Originally Posted by lenovo
Never had any problems with the staff. Wait time is another story sometimes....
+1

I have never had any problems with the Shower Staff in any of the LH Lounges. You sign in, they give you the pager and you come back when it vibrates. They give you a towel, shoes, razor, tooth brush and tooth paste. No, they seemingly don't have MBA's from Wharton, but they are functional and the showers are always impeccably clean ! ...and to everyone that reads this, consider leaving them 10 Euros as the are likely not LH employees (Contractors) and I am sure they are not particularly well compensated.
Nic33, oliver2002, Grog and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:08 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gpicur
...and to everyone that reads this, consider leaving them 10 Euros as the are likely not LH employees (Contractors) and I am sure they are not particularly well compensated.
Um. No. That's certainly not customary. And to finish the whole circle this discussion is going to take: of course they will happily take 10€, which is completelyunproportionate compared to the service rendered. You can get paid showers for less than that amount.

Showers at Frankfurt Airport incl. towels, floor mat, shower gel and hair dryer: 6€/$8

HTB.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by htb
I realized most of them don't speak any German, but I was always able to let them know in English that I'd like to take a shower. All of them were very pleasant to interact with and their (possibly) limited English didn't pose any problems.

Completely agree. They've always been pleasant to me. Give them a smile, and you'll usually get one back.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by htb
Interesting. I realized most of them don't speak any German, but I was always able to let them know in English that I'd like to take a shower. All of them were very pleasant to interact with and their (possibly) limited English didn't pose any problems.

HTB.
As a German flying from Germany, I don't actually expect the shower staff to speak English. I have had no issues communicating in German, and even if they reply back in English, they seem to understand me just fine.

Agree that FRA A SEN can sometimes be a bit of a wait, and FRA C was not pleasant during the renovations of the showers, but in general no issues. (And FRA Welcome Lounge is always available when I arrive, although sadly it seems that the shower ladies were reduced in number and the shower assignments are now done at check in to the lounge)

It actually irks me that in FRA one is typically approached in English by much of the airport staff, and I have been told that is the directive they are given. I will also say that I am impressed with the number of workers there who have improved their German, and speak multiple languages well.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by exbayern

It actually irks me that in FRA one is typically approached in English by much of the airport staff, and I have been told that is the directive they are given. I will also say that I am impressed with the number of workers there who have improved their German, and speak multiple languages well.
It is annoying indeed, but seems the fate of Europe, while the US is becoming spanish speaking. Swiss nationals used to speak (Swiss) German, French and Italian among themselves, but it is being replaced by English everywhere.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nic33
It is annoying indeed, but seems the fate of Europe, while the US is becoming spanish speaking. Swiss nationals used to speak (Swiss) German, French and Italian among themselves, but it is being replaced by English everywhere.
OP claims the shower ladies 'don't speak any English', which as several of us have pointed out, is simply not correct. Most of the shower ladies speak at least 3 languages, albeit many may not be fluent in German or English. I can think of so many of the airport workers at FRA (less so at MUC as more there are native Germans, it seems) who speak multiple languages. In fact, it is actually amazing to see how some of the vendors and service personnel have improved their language skills over a relatively short time.

In the end, not speaking English fluently, when working a rather entry level position, in Germany, is not enough to bother me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.