Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa blocking flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa blocking flights

Not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere (couldn't find it), but it appears that several Lufthansa flights to US cities (IAD, ORD, BOS, EWR) are hidden from any form of booking on certain days. I'm looking to book award flights around the Dec 30-Jan 1st time frame, and although flights show as operating until Dec 29th, they don't show up again until Jan 2nd.

How is it possible that a flight is completely unavailable to several cities, even if you want to book revenue flights?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH HON
Many flights actually don’t operate between Christmas and new year
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by daumueller
Many flights actually don’t operate between Christmas and new year
Or they are simply full. I once flew MUC-SFO on Dec 25 and it was packed.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:39 pm

Have to look up expert flyer but wouldnt be surprised if IAD is full.
I’m flying IAD - FRA very often and during the last year the utilisation has been high - there is a reason why there are four flights a day.

And at least for IAD - there is a huge german community in Northern Virginia + Embassy and Deutsche Bundeswehr.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
According to EF, flights from FRA to IAD, ORD, EWR, and BOS do not operate on the 30th and 31st of December.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
It's not necessarily that they are full. I was looking for the evening IAD-MUC flight for a booking last week, and it didn't show up as bookable on LH. But the flight exists, and when I asked my travel agent, they were able to book it (discounted business class) and it was actually cheaper than the afternoon flight they had me on originally. Not sure what's going on, but I thought it was curious too.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Could this be related to Y+ sold out months ahead? [website functionality down]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.