Original Poster

Programs: miles and more
FTL Y LHR T2 - priority boarding?

I fly LHR to GVA every weekend.
I'm a UK resident but fly SWISS so received a Lufthansa FTL Y
This is much appreciated as I get:
1. Priority Securtiy
2. Lounge Access
3 Priority boarding at GVA, but not LHR!

Don't understand the logic here at all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
FTL is a Star Alliance Silver level status.

This level neither grants you Gold track (= priority security + priority immigration) nor priority boarding.

M&M does give FTLs priority security at a few airports (mostly in the member countries of M&M airlines). But it's no benefit promised or guaranteed to FTLs (and not to *A Silver, either).

More or less the same goes for priority boarding. It's not an FTL benefit. Airports which grant FTL priority boarding are very much the exception rather than the rule.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: LH FTL
Yes..my hub is VIE and FTL's get fast track there, but no priority boarding.. The only place where I heard priority boarding for FTL's was in Boston in February.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
To be frank, at all the German airports I have ever gone through, LH has no automatic control over priority boarding. They call for Biz, SEN and *G which are then funelled through a separate gate; thereafter they open up the main automatic gates where all the non-stautus people are queuing.

Since all of the gates are, in fact, only capable of reading the boarding sequence number and name, any Tom, Dick or Harry on his first time on a LH flight and not even being a member of M&M let alone having status can go through priority without this being noticed.

I have never seen visual cross-check of eligibility vs. actual details on boarding pass (at least on domestic and European flights ex Germany).
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Since all of the gates are, in fact, only capable of reading the boarding sequence number and name, any Tom, Dick or Harry on his first time on a LH flight and not even being a member of M&M let alone having status can go through priority without this being noticed.
Considering that passengers with small children, those needing assistance, as well as their travel companions should also be able to take advantage of priority boarding, it could become problematic if they tried the readers to deny these people.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
On an LH flight a few weeks ago from gate 25 (I think) at LHR T2 to FRA, I saw someone try to go through the “business” lane (although the boarding announcement says senator, honours circle, Star Alliance Gold use the lane too) and wasn’t allowed through because “Lufthansa silver status is not recognised”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.