Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest full flex Y-fare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
FRA-BRE is 472 euros (YCOUPON fare which is fully refundable)
FRA-HAJ is 467 euros (same fare)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:20 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by totti
This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. The OP asked a simple question (cheapest fully-flex ticket in the LH network). There is no need to discuss cheaper options or arguing that something is pointless or makes no sense. If you do not like the question then don't answer.
I think many of us suspect that the OP may be asking for "cheapest fully-flex ticket in the LH network" but might actually want something completely different. Like my favorite: "How can I give my miles to my friend?" -- "You can't." -- which resulted in the first person to let the miles expire. In reality all he wanted to do is to book a flight for a friend. So it's usually better to understand the background or the intention behind the question. Especially when the question seems obscure, to say the least.

Anyway, all "Flex fares" are fully flex -- as long as the booking class is still available (and the minimum stay requirement is fulfilled). But the same applies to bookings in Y. If Y is no longer available, you cannot rebook free of charge.

HTB.
Anderson24 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by htb
Anyway, all "Flex fares" are fully flex -- as long as the booking class is still available (and the minimum stay requirement is fulfilled). But the same applies to bookings in Y. If Y is no longer available, you cannot rebook free of charge.

HTB.
Then we have a different understanding of "fully flex". In my (maybe narrow minded) opinion, full flexibility implies the ability to cancel a ticket and get a full refund (and something that the OP is asking for). LH sells "Economy Flex" fares that can be rebooked for free but cannot be refunded without a 70 euro fee.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by LondonElite
He wants cheapest fully-flex Y...not cheapest Y.
Y as in fare Y, not as in Economy.
Though I suppose the light/classic/flex mean there's a difference between Y and Y.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:20 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by totti
Then we have a different understanding of "fully flex". In my (maybe narrow minded) opinion, full flexibility implies the ability to cancel a ticket and get a full refund (and something that the OP is asking for). LH sells "Economy Flex" fares that can be rebooked for free but cannot be refunded without a 70 euro fee.
One more reason to let the OP explain some background to the question. One can blindly answer any question, but in many cases that's just a way to keep busy unproductively. Of course it's fully possible that the OP's question represents exactly what he wants to know. But even then I'm just curious as to what end. If the OP doesn't want to answer, that's fine. Then I'm not starting to look for an answer either.

HTB.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sanya1234
But is there any ticket in bookingclass Y - regardless of origin and destination - that will be cheaper than 624 EUR?
You can do some homework on the matrix. Put a bunch of origins that are acceptable to you in the origin field (comma separated), then in the advanced field on the left put "N:LH, LX, OS, SN" and in the one on the right put "F bc=Y". Repeat for the return portion, and as a destination put a few airports (again comma separated). You should be able to find relatively quickly what destinations are cheaper than others.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
LX ZRH-GVA PBUZOW is €227 all in and is fully flexible.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Y as in fare Y, not as in Economy.
Though I suppose the light/classic/flex mean there's a difference between Y and Y.
Probably, but OP is not fully clear on what he wants.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite

Probably, but OP is not fully clear on what he wants.
The OP's question may very well be dubious but I think it is very clear what s/he wants:
Originally Posted by Sanya1234
I am looking for the cheapest ticket that can be (1.) upgraded and (2.) changed/cancelled without penalties.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:57 am

Given that's it's almost end of the year (and thus re-qualification date), OP is LH*G and looking for an upgradable and refundable fare I stand by my guess.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G
Originally Posted by Lack
Given that's it's almost end of the year (and thus re-qualification date), OP is LH*G and looking for an upgradable and refundable fare I stand by my guess.
You are absolutely right. Will check the LOT fares.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:12 am

I got myself in the same situation a $450 one way fare from Poland to Dublin. Combination of LO + LH which also had I space available for a immediate upgrade.
Booked with UA to force the Y fare and confirm the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.