Cheapest full flex Y-fare

Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G
Cheapest full flex Y-fare

Hi,

I am looking for the cheapest full-flex Y-fare (most probably I will need booking class "Y") within the LH-group. Until now I have found DUS-FRA return for approx. 560 Euros.
Does anyone know even cheaper alternatives?

Thank you.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
What is it you are asking for here? Are you asking for the lowest price in booking class Y or the lowest price for a ticket that can be changed/cancelled with no penalties?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Essentially, Y is Y. What are you really after?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

I am looking for the cheapest ticket that can be (1.) upgraded and (2.) changed/cancelled without penalties.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Sanya1234
I am looking for the cheapest ticket that can be (1.) upgraded and (2.) changed/cancelled without penalties.
This is quite the XY problem.

Upgrading DUS - FRA makes no sense whatsoever, since a cheap business ticket is cheaper than a full fare Y ticket. Additionally upgrading such a short trip is pointless.

If it's last minute travel you're after, then such a distance is better covered by train I guess.

I can only think you're looking for the cheapest way to go to the lounge and then not fly, but I don't want to believe that's the motivation.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I can only think you're looking for the cheapest way to go to the lounge and then not fly, but I don't want to believe that's the motivation.
It is not my motivation and no, I don't want to book J class. However, found out in the meantime that DUS-FRA is not working but I could use FRA-BSL (624 EUR in Y) instead. But is there any ticket in bookingclass Y - regardless of origin and destination - that will be cheaper than 624 EUR?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:07 am
Suspended

Huh? What are you trying to do?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
DUS-FRA? Take the Train. Cheaper, more comfortable.
Be Aware, some "Flights" are operated by "Deutsche Bahn" and you will sit in the train!

Upgrade? For a 30 Min. Flight? Waste of Miles.
LH offers Cash upgrades for 79 Euros. You will get Lounge+Fast Track + Additional Miles.

Maybe the Eco Flex TIcket is what you need. You can rebook it to an earlier flight on the day for free, but it is refundable against a fee.
Only Business Tickets can be refunded for free.

What do you want? Sneak into a lounge and then cancel the ticket? Don't do it! Not worth!
Do you really want to fly?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:03 am
Suspended

I have a suspicion that perhaps OP's company allows Y travel...so book full Y, cancel, rebook cheap...maybe I'm wrong.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:18 am

Placeholder for e-vouchers? Keep in mind, most LH Y fares still ask for 50 EUR penalty when canceled.

Try the LOT fares.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I have a suspicion that perhaps OP's company allows Y travel...so book full Y, cancel, rebook cheap...maybe I'm wrong.
That wouldn't make sense to look for the cheapest Y...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:45 am
Suspended

He wants cheapest fully-flex Y...not cheapest Y.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:15 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
He wants cheapest fully-flex Y...not cheapest Y.
We still don't know what the OP wants. And from how he describes his quest, it appears he doesn't know it himself.

OP: why don't you explain what you are trying to do, rather than just stating what you think you are looking for?

HTB.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:09 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by htb
We still don't know what the OP wants.

From the first post and one subsequent repetition/clarification, it seems clear that s/he is asking for assistance identifying:

Originally Posted by Sanya1234
the cheapest full-flex Y-fare [...] within the LH-group
, "regardless of origin and destination".

Even if we don't know why, or think we might know why but find the request odd, the question seems clear enough.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Dear fellow FTers,

This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. The OP asked a simple question (cheapest fully-flex ticket in the LH network). There is no need to discuss cheaper options or arguing that something is pointless or makes no sense. If you do not like the question then don't answer.

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum
A380*G likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.