Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 3:00 pm

I can't quite follow the issue with the intra-European flights? I generally don't collect on Miles&More, but just out of curiousity: I recently booked a flight from Munich to Copenhagen with booking class K for around 100€. In the old system this will give you you 125 miles, but in the new system it showed me I'd get more than 400, so at least for the cheaper booking classes it sounds like quite a good improvement?
Old May 20, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by chris63

That was the plan, only the highest priced tickets will earn more or same miles as before.
I agree and understand that. But some of the posts seem to suggest otherwise, that is what I can‘t quite follow.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by Arctifox
I can't quite follow the issue with the intra-European flights? I generally don't collect on Miles&More, but just out of curiousity: I recently booked a flight from Munich to Copenhagen with booking class K for around 100€. In the old system this will give you you 125 miles, but in the new system it showed me I'd get more than 400, so at least for the cheaper booking classes it sounds like quite a good improvement?
Yes, on the very cheap economy booking classes it can be an improvement as far as award miles are concerned. but unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever way you look at it) those are not tickets I buy. On average with everything else other than that or the full fare booking classes such as F, J and Y (bought in the right countries) you are worse off, hence my earlier post that I could not quite follow some others that seem to suggest otherwise (for my purchase pattern).
Old May 21, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Originally Posted by Arctifox
It can be, but that's not always the case. Especially for "cheap" intra-EU flights with a connection, as taxes seem to account for the majority of the price of the ticket.

I recently booked a return ticket (booking class K) BRU-VIE with a stop in ZRH for around 150 €, and received 44 award miles for the BRU-ZRH segment. I'm sure I'll be able to get a nice luggage tag from the WorldShop in a few years!
Old May 25, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Anderson24
[...]
I recently booked a return ticket (booking class K) BRU-VIE with a stop in ZRH for around 150 €, and received 44 award miles for the BRU-ZRH segment. I'm sure I'll be able to get a nice luggage tag from the WorldShop in a few years!
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
I think we have a thread in the making as of March 12th to moan/rant/cheer those sub 125 mile segments and remember the good old days of fixed 125 mile segments
It's happening! 44... wow.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Anderson24
It can be, but that's not always the case. Especially for "cheap" intra-EU flights with a connection, as taxes seem to account for the majority of the price of the ticket.

how much miles u received overall for the whole trip ?
Old May 25, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Originally Posted by fanb
how much miles u received overall for the whole trip ?
I am still waiting for my inbound flights to be credited (I had to use the M&M mileage request tool).

For the outbound flights :
BRU-ZRH (LX) : 44 miles
ZRH-VIE (OS) : 52 miles

The exact price of the ticket was 136,03 € :
- Fare : 27,00 €
- International Surcharge : 20,00 €
- Airport taxes : 86,82 €
- OPC : 2,21 €

I will likely make it to FTL only at the end of the year, so for now it looks like it's going to be 47 x 4 = 188 miles total - versus 500 miles in the old system (125 x 4).
Old May 25, 2018, 2:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I recently booked a Business return MAN-TYO and had the following options:

MAN-ZRH-NRT (LX)
HND-MUC-MAN (LH)
Books into P on all legs
2,166.08 GBP
Status miles 16,739 miles including executive bonus
Award miles (est) 11,610 miles

or

MAN-CPH-NRT (SK)
NRT-CPH-MAN (SK)
Books into Z on all legs
1,803.21 GBP
Status and award miles (est) 16,286 miles

Z fare on SK earns 2,000 M&M miles on European flights and 1.5 x distance on international flights.

For 350 GBP less but without executive bonus I will collect about 450 fewer status miles and 4,600 more award miles if I fly on SK. With LH's 150% award miles promo I might actually get a similar number of award miles whether I fly LH/LX or SK but I will still be saving 350 GBP by not flying on LX/LH.

So this is what the revenue based system has done to me..
Old May 26, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Z fare on SK earns 2,000 M&M miles on European flights and 1.5 x distance on international flights.

For 350 GBP less but without executive bonus I will collect about 450 fewer status miles and 4,600 more award miles if I fly on SK. With LH's 150% award miles promo I might actually get a similar number of award miles whether I fly LH/LX or SK but I will still be saving 350 GBP by not flying on LX/LH.

Ah, but with SK you will be flying out of NRT instead of HND so maybe it's a wash
N1003U likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Ah, but with SK you will be flying out of NRT instead of HND so maybe it's a wash
But with aisle access from my window seat in both directions.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
As a data point, all my EW coded flights have been credited according to the old system, and as these flights yielded 500 each that made them much more lucrative.

Similarly, a JP operated itinerary to Moscow via Ljubljana, purchased via the OTA Flugladen, was credited according to the old system, meaning I got a decent amount of miles for G-class. Probably due to the fact that it was a third party booking (and frankly, who would want to use the Adria website?)
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: LH SEN
Well, if you believe you would earn more status miles with LH then at least they have succeeded in favourably confusing you with their new system.

Due to the feeder flights, you will earn actually 17881 status miles with LH and 20281 status and award miles with SK.

I predict that LH will listen to NewbieRunner and other customer's demands and reduce the earning of status miles to 25% (like TK) on non-LH flights in the next round of enhancements.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I recently booked a Business return MAN-TYO and had the following options:

MAN-ZRH-NRT (LX)
HND-MUC-MAN (LH)
Books into P on all legs
2,166.08 GBP
Status miles 16,739 miles including executive bonus
Award miles (est) 11,610 miles

or

MAN-CPH-NRT (SK)
NRT-CPH-MAN (SK)
Books into Z on all legs
1,803.21 GBP
Status and award miles (est) 16,286 miles

Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Van_Looy
I predict that LH will listen to NewbieRunner and other customer's demands and reduce the earning of status miles to 25% (like TK) on non-LH flights in the next round of enhancements.
If that enhancement happens I will be ditching M/M for good.
I have an upcoming trip to Asia- If I want to stick with Star Alliance I can fly SQ and get 40K status miles and award miles on my F fare. Or fly LH and earn 47K status miles (due to feeder segments and status bonus) and 35K award miles on my A fare. Or TG and earn the same as SQ which is GBP 1000 cheaper but mean worse connections. Or forget all this freqent flyer malakry and fly EY apartments which is GBP 2000 cheaper and better hard product.
If I am not getting award miles or status miles with M/M, there is no reason to stick with M/M.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Don’t put ideas in their chickenbrains. This whole change was so unnecessary and probably cost stupid amounts of money (like changing the logo). And WHY are many flights taking so long to credit??
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Concerto
... And WHY are many flights taking so long to credit??
Indeed - it looks as if crediting has become totally random. Had an OS flight almost 2 weeks (still old miles system) where only the return flight credited. Then a LX/LH mixed flight where LH credited the day after and LX after 3 days. And then a single LH flight which hasn't credited at all after 3 days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.