Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So tickets issued on JP stock are calculated based on the EUR basis? Whereas LO tickets issued on 080 stock are under the old system, unless issued on 220 (only?) in which case they are calculated by EUR value?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hugolover
So tickets issued on JP stock are calculated based on the EUR basis? Whereas LO tickets issued on 080 stock are under the old system, unless issued on 220 (only?) in which case they are calculated by EUR value?
i have a LO ticket on 080 Stock that im flying next week. I’ll report back on what miles are want.

the flight was booked just 1.5 weeks ago and booked through egencia
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Still confused of how award and status miles will be credited, because in the old system (and still for status miles) every segment of a ticket is credited separately. How does this work for a let's say 4-segment ticket (e.g. DUS-MUC-LAX / LAX-FRA-DUS), because there is only one value calculated based on the prize of the complete ticket x 6 (or whatever other factor for other airlines/non-status members etc). I guess the M&M account will then show one line each for each segment for the status miles + exec. bonus and then only one line for the total award miles for the complete ticket? When are the award miles then credited? Only ofter the last segment has been flown? Or are the award miles credited pro rata for each segment?
Most importantly, what will happen if I skip the last segment (which I frequently do for various reasons)? Here, in the old system I just loose the status+award miles for the segment that I did not fly.

Could anybody actually post a screenshot from a multi-segment ticket and its mileage credit from her/his account based on the new system?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Still confused of how award and status miles will be credited, because in the old system (and still for status miles) every segment of a ticket is credited separately. How does this work for a let's say 4-segment ticket (e.g. DUS-MUC-LAX / LAX-FRA-DUS), because there is only one value calculated based on the prize of the complete ticket x 6 (or whatever other factor for other airlines/non-status members etc). I guess the M&M account will then show one line each for each segment for the status miles + exec. bonus and then only one line for the total award miles for the complete ticket? When are the award miles then credited? Only ofter the last segment has been flown? Or are the award miles credited pro rata for each segment?
Most importantly, what will happen if I skip the last segment (which I frequently do for various reasons)? Here, in the old system I just loose the status+award miles for the segment that I did not fly.

Could anybody actually post a screenshot from a multi-segment ticket and its mileage credit from her/his account based on the new system?
i had booked onward connecting flight , return direct..for the onward flight i received award and status miles based on the old system : award and status miles 125+32 exec bonus ..the return was credited based on the new system , around 340 award miles and 125 status miles ..no exec bonus on the status miles for my return flight (which would suck if i flew in a higher booking class)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:40 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by fanb
i had booked onward connecting flight , return direct..for the onward flight i received award and status miles based on the old system : award and status miles 125+32 exec bonus ..the return was credited based on the new system , around 340 award miles and 125 status miles ..no exec bonus on the status miles for my return flight (which would suck if i flew in a higher booking class)
That might still be caused by the teething problems of the switchover to the new crediting logic. I had a r/t MUC-HAJ-MUC last week where the outbound flight was credited under the new logic (as expected) and the return segment was credited under the old logic and it has not been corrected yet.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
I usually book my flights for business over Amex GBT.

When I download my reciept, only the taxes are shown, the ticket price states IT only. I know it is a coorporate rate and aparently the cost is “hidden”.

how are those tickets valued? No award miles but only status miles?
thats a GDS sale so old logic will apply
I can confirm that. I did fly MUC LH LHR // AMS LH MUC this week, booked via Amex GBT and per the receipt this must have been a corp fare, because it did only show IT as the price. Award miles were credited per the old rule (which turns out to be *not in my favor*: 1876 miles (old) vs. 3480 miles (new) ).
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Can I split the miles between programs? Soon I'll take following flights: DUS-FRA-SIN//BKK-FRA-DUS (all LH-metals except DUS-FRA which is codeshare with German railway)
I'd like to credit the BKK-FRA leg to Krisflyer and the rest just to M&M. How do they calculate the partial price?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by sch7458
Can I split the miles between programs? Soon I'll take following flights: DUS-FRA-SIN//BKK-FRA-DUS (all LH-metals except DUS-FRA which is codeshare with German railway)
I'd like to credit the BKK-FRA leg to Krisflyer and the rest just to M&M. How do they calculate the partial price?
My guess is - that if it is possible at all - not to put any FF# in the reservation and retroclaim the segments as desired.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Just to report back, I upgraded a few days ago my intra-EU LX ticket booked before March 12th and award miles were calculated according to the new rules, netting me a whopping 280 award miles per segment in business class (P) instead of 750 miles before.

Oh well... That's still better than the 125 miles I would have received in K, I guess.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I just wonder how all of this is going to end up comparable to the Deutsche Bahn bahn.bonus program. With this latter, there’s very little motivation to become a serious points collector, because the redemption options are not very exciting. You never read about anybody raving about the program and it’s not as if they’ve got a choice anyway: if you’re traveling by train, how can you avoid DB?
hugolover, N1003U and Anderson24 like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Anderson24
Just to report back, I upgraded a few days ago my intra-EU LX ticket booked before March 12th and award miles were calculated according to the new rules, netting me a whopping 280 award miles per segment in business class (P) instead of 750 miles before.

Oh well... That's still better than the 125 miles I would have received in K, I guess.
This is where FT needs to follow Facebook’s example and not just offer a Like option but also an emoji to denote shock/horror
Old May 3, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by yurtripper

This is where FT needs to follow Facebook’s example and not just offer a Like option but also an emoji to denote shock/horror
Yes, the OP paid for more & received less 😳
Old May 3, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Originally Posted by chris63

Yes, the OP paid for more & received less 😳
Sorry, my post wasn't clear enough. I should have said "in the old system" rather than "before", which is very confusing.

I upgraded GVA-ZRH-DUS from K to P. My initial ticket would have given me 250 miles (125 + 125, old system). The upgraded ticket in business class gave me 452 miles (172 + 280, new system). Had I stayed in the old system, because my ticket was originally issued before March 12th, I would have received 1250 miles (750 + 500). So, I didn't receive less miles by upgrading, but this is still around three times less than in the old system.

The idea behind my post was just to say that you should be careful if you upgrade your ticket issued before March 12th, as the way award miles are calculated will change, and you might end up with very few extra miles or possibly less than before in some cases.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Anderson24
Sorry, my post wasn't clear enough. So, I didn't receive less miles by upgrading, but this is still around three times less than in the old system..
You were clear & I did understand that, I was just making the point that there are very few occasions when you pay more for anything & get less than before but this is M& L.....

I’m not a fan of the March 12 changes
Anderson24 likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Viennafly

In the new system you still receive the award miles per sector, each in a separate line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.