Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:42 am

Is it too soon to start speculating on the doom and gloom that might await us MM types in 2019??
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
I usually book my flights for business over Amex GBT.

When I download my reciept, only the taxes are shown, the ticket price states IT only. I know it is a coorporate rate and aparently the cost is “hidden”.

how are those tickets valued? No award miles but only status miles?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
I usually book my flights for business over Amex GBT.

When I download my reciept, only the taxes are shown, the ticket price states IT only. I know it is a coorporate rate and aparently the cost is “hidden”.

how are those tickets valued? No award miles but only status miles?
thats a GDS sale so old logic will apply
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
I was surprised , when I discovered some hours ago that if I buy a ticket on Lot.com (080-XXXXXXXXX) or United.com (016-XXXXXXXXXXX) old rules will apply... Is it correct? Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Marcin83
I was surprised , when I discovered some hours ago that if I buy a ticket on Lot.com (080-XXXXXXXXX) or United.com (016-XXXXXXXXXXX) old rules will apply... Is it correct? Thanks
IIRC new rules will apply for tickets bought after March 12
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by more4less

IIRC new rules will apply for tickets bought after March 12
Yes, but I don´t know why, till now I thought that the new rules also included the LO (080) and UA (016) tickets, while it seems that it "only" includes tickets purchased via LH, SN, LX & OS (+EW)
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Yes, but I don´t know why, till now I thought that the new rules also included the LO (080) and UA (016) tickets, while it seems that it "only" includes tickets purchased via LH, SN, LX & OS (+EW)
That's correct - the new rules apply only to the LH group airlines.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

in case I buy a cheap eco ticket within Europe on LX before the new rules apply and on a later date I pay for an upgrade to Biz, how many award miles will I get?

Thanks,
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
In today's spam LH alludes that there are two ways the system calculates the miles and that it will at a later stage "account for the difference". So they don't have the IT to handle this, are aware that they don't, and decided to let it run anyway by just introducing the caveat that the recalculation can happen at any stage.

Glad that M&M is the one part of the LH services, I don't have to use. I have three Lufthansa flights coming up within 2 months and that would have been quite a downer.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
Any flights booked and paid prior to Monday March 12th will be credited according to the old system
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by andywaw
Any flights booked and paid prior to Monday March 12th will be credited according to the old system
Indeed, that’s what they promised

been shopping today on LH.com 😁
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: M&M FTL
I booked a flight yesterday in P class.
mileage credit on the confirmation page, and also with simulation on M&M calculator shows 3752M. so from what I understand, having booked prior to today, I'll get that number even if the flight is in May, right?

and for future bookings, I'd like to get a better grasp.
this ticket fare is 140€, international/domestic surcharge is 172€, so should I calculate 140+172 = 312 x 6 (FTL) = 1872 award miles total? is this the correct math?

and for status miles, the booking class still applies, correct? so it still does makes sense to try and think of classes if one wants to get more miles, right? (i.e. by using the Matrix ITA website)

thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by raffa
I booked a flight yesterday in P class.
mileage credit on the confirmation page, and also with simulation on M&M calculator shows 3752M. so from what I understand, having booked prior to today, I'll get that number even if the flight is in May, right?
Correct. If your flight was booked before today, you will get award miles according to the old system.

and for future bookings, I'd like to get a better grasp.
this ticket fare is 140€, international/domestic surcharge is 172€, so should I calculate 140+172 = 312 x 6 (FTL) = 1872 award miles total? is this the correct math?
The calculations seem correct (and they clearly show why the revenue system is less friendly!)

and for status miles, the booking class still applies, correct? so it still does makes sense to try and think of classes if one wants to get more miles, right? (i.e. by using the Matrix ITA website)
Yes. The status miles are accrued the old way, so the booking class aplies.
raffa likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
been shopping today on LH.com ��
Yeah, yesterday was shopping day
...as some of my flights later this year would get only 40 percent of the award miles I get under the old system.
chris63 and andywaw like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: M&M FTL
is there any fixed scenario in which someone would always benefit from this change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.