Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:39 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by hugolover
There seems to be something wrong with the retroclaim function. Previously it worked fine for flights taken more than 7 days ago, but for a LH flight on 02 OCT I keep getting an error that the form only works for flights between 7 days and 6 months. I suspect, behind the scenes its now 14 days to wait.
It didn't even work for me 14+ days after the flight. As a habit I did wait that long to make my claim.

I did not necessarily talk about the number of miles posting to my account, my last post was mainly referring to the technical glitches when flights get credited, even 6+ months after the actual switchover.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Lewis42
[...] overall I think I am better off under the new system.
I think the 6x factor we get as SEN evens out a lot. Last week I had a short round trip to VIE for 200something € and got 1302 award miles and 374 status miles.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:36 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think the 6x factor we get as SEN evens out a lot. Last week I had a short round trip to VIE for 200something € and got 1302 award miles and 374 status miles.
That's interesting. I recently flew MAN-FRA-AMS and back (I know... ) in P for 327 GBP (fare+YQ=225 GBP) and got 1542 award miles and 3752 status miles. Compared to what oliver2002 got the award miles seem about right but my problem is I never know whether I have received the correct number of miles.

The new mileage calculator is cumbersome and keeps on crashing. Why do they need the exact date, flight number, etc. rather than just the route, booking class and the amount paid?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
That's interesting. I recently flew MAN-FRA-AMS and back (I know... ) in P for 327 GBP (fare+YQ=225 GBP) and got 1542 award miles and 3752 status miles. Compared to what oliver2002 got the award miles seem about right but my problem is I never know whether I have received the correct number of miles.

The new mileage calculator is cumbersome and keeps on crashing. Why do they need the exact date, flight number, etc. rather than just the route, booking class and the amount paid?
Oh Allah, its absolutely horrendous when I see it in black and white...1542 miles! When a LH reward MAN-FRA is 35k plus Ł80! It's so little its barely worth the claim.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I know many of you can’t avoid it, but I am doing my level best to avoid LH Group airlines. But going to DUS a lot means I am cursed with this chickenwings rubbish and I don’t really enjoy my flight experiences, but fortunately they’re all short sectors. Where possible I fly other airlines, because LH Group has taken much of the pleasure - and point - out of traveling with them. As for M&M, it is so devalued that it is now just one notch from being closed. Really, it cannot be made any worse without simply shutting it and that pathetic Worldshop enterprise down. Once the desire to collect miles has been 100% eliminated, nothing remains. RIP Air Berlin, which gave a semblance of competition in the Lufthansa bloc (cf British Airways and bmi).
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
About new mileage calculator. It actually do need ONLY right routing and airline and booking class.
I use it allt he time b y just entering all flight with number LH100 -- works well.
Oh, the dates must be also logical -- following to each other.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Oh Allah, its absolutely horrendous when I see it in black and white...1542 miles! When a LH reward MAN-FRA is 35k plus Ł80! It's so little its barely worth the claim.
It’s not as if I’m going to use my hard-earned award miles on shorthaul flights in Y!

Looking at it another way a First Class return award from Europe to East Asia will cost 35k+ EUR worth of award miles plus 600 EUR in taxes and charges. Or 84 Hilton stays plus 600 EUR.
N1003U likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having ranted about chickenwings some 3 posts ago, I had a very good flight today on germanwings (with a EW flight number) from ZRH to DUS. I don't like germanwings or Eurowings and their service concept, but a good crew is a good crew and they can make all the difference. One crew member spent quite a bit of time explaining to me that Eurowings was like a house, and in each of the rooms was a different airline: Eurowings, Eurowings Europe, germanwings, LGW Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter, Brussels Airlines, Sun Express ... now, the last two surprised me, despite all the word about that Brussels will come under the Eurowings brand, and I thought Sun Express was something different (albeit owned by Lufthansa). You certainly can't collect or spend miles on Sun Express. And their logo is quite drab!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So on a recent LH issued, ex-PL ticket I received the Exec Bonus on the award miles but only for FRA-KRK as part of a wider KRK-EDI trip. Why would this be?

I just can't make any sense of it all. It must be a mistake because for whatever reason, they couldn't calculate it on that segment so it went back to the old way?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
M&M is pretty incompetent when it comes to this stuff, I think.

I had an itin involving LH and LX and, due to delays, I filed a complaint with both separately hoping to get a quicker response. They both ended up depositing compensation miles independently from each other.

I'm not complaining, but it's silly.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Certainly, when I'm aiming to requalifying (only for FTL in my case) I tend to aim for more than the requisite number of sectors if I'm on the borderline. The point is, winter can lead to cancellations and reroutings, so it's better to budget a little bit over. Plus, just factoring in the apparent incompetence of M&M.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH FTL, GHA Platinum
Ok I got used to the fact that with new revenue based system I am regularly getting about half of the miles vs before but yesterday I made a new record. I got 625 status miles and 48 award miles for my flight from GVA to ZRH in business class.....well done miles & more
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I had a CHF 9000 ticket issued by LH earned me 8000 miles only took 5 months and 4 angry emails to fix. There was no apologies at all. Sad.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LHSEN
I had a CHF 9000 ticket issued by LH earned me 8000 miles only took 5 months and 4 angry emails to fix. There was no apologies at all. Sad.
That is sad & annoying.

Have to say the M&M HON service is fantastic, they reply within 24 hours always 👍
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I said elsewhere, customer service has just gone down, down, down. The overwhelming demand for low fares at the expense of everything else is the root cause and it looks likely to continue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.