Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-FRA-MXP on LH and have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, B6 TrueBlue, Global Entry
PHL-FRA-MXP on LH and have a few questions.

Hey y'all. PHL based flyer here who had a dreadful experience on AA's PHL-LIS Flight (no power outlets on a 7+ hour TATL) last year and want to give LH a try for my trip to MXP in June. I have a few questions.

I've never flown LH before and was wondering what version of the 340 the PHL-FRA flight uses. And what to expect in terms of hard product

Also is connecting in FRA from the US advisable or should I just take AA to either CDG or LHR and take the last leg to MXP on a OW Partner?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by quillbin
Hey y'all. PHL based flyer here who had a dreadful experience on AA's PHL-LIS Flight (no power outlets on a 7+ hour TATL) last year and want to give LH a try for my trip to MXP in June. I have a few questions.

I've never flown LH before and was wondering what version of the 340 the PHL-FRA flight uses. And what to expect in terms of hard product

Also is connecting in FRA from the US advisable or should I just take AA to either CDG or LHR and take the last leg to MXP on a OW Partner?
The plane is scheduled to be an A340-300, i.e. a fairly quiet four-engined aircraft with LH's standard cabin with individual IFE, FlyNet (Internet for a fee) and power outlets in all classes (unfortunately you did not say which class you would like to fly in), i.e. Y, PE and J (no F).

FRA is efficient but not the greatest airport for connections, most here like MUC better, but much better than CDG (an airport straight out of hell) and LHR.

Give it a try and I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, B6 TrueBlue, Global Entry
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The plane is scheduled to be an A340-300, i.e. a fairly quiet four-engined aircraft with LH's standard cabin with individual IFE, FlyNet (Internet for a fee) and power outlets in all classes (unfortunately you did not say which class you would like to fly in), i.e. Y, PE and J (no F).

FRA is efficient but not the greatest airport for connections, most here like MUC better, but much better than CDG (an airport straight out of hell) and LHR.

Give it a try and I don't think you will be disappointed.
Probably would be in Y.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by quillbin
Probably would be in Y.
LH in Y in A343 with 8 abreast is a lot more comfortable than, for example, American with 10 abreast in many of their Boeing 777s.

As I said: You can expect entertainment, power outlets, edible food, free drinks (incl. alcoholic beverages) and a pretty reliable airline with several daily direct flights from FRA to MXP (if something goes wrong). Y won't be luxury, but that's no different on any of the airlines you mentioned.
FlyingJazzy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.