Win-Winter is back with extra humiliation

Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Win-Winter is back with extra humiliation

Since winning 50 Miles wasn't humiliating enough last year, this year they also have the "Bad luck, it didn't work out today!" prize. Seriously, why do they bother developing an app that causes nothing but frustration and humiliation? Even my local supermarket offers more points on milk.
Grog and Tyrolean like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:58 am

Last time I checked, Spohr himself didn't hold a gun to my head and forced me to play the game..
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: LH HON
guess the same is true for any lottery? I just got 1000 miles for what it's worth.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why do you take the bait then?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
500 today, but "bad luck" yesterday.

Got lucky today, but do understand the point of the TS from a marketing point of view: If the "win-winter" frustrates more people than it makes happy and the reputation of the airlines is hurt rather than improved, it s not a very clever marketing strategy.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by worldclubber
500 today, but "bad luck" yesterday.

Got lucky today, but do understand the point of the TS from a marketing point of view: If the "win-winter" frustrates more people than it makes happy and the reputation of the airlines is hurt rather than improved, it s not a very clever marketing strategy.
According to child psychologist Dr. Pruegelpeitsch:

Supports natural masochism of LH customers and sadism of LH management.
Helps LH customers develop stockholm syndrome when taken hostage by LH processes (gate, phone line, tarmac,...)

And there is always the good ol' "Bad press is better than no press", or simple diversion tactic from even worse press which usually isn't difficult to find for LH.
htb, Tyrolean, TPJ and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
3 days of bad luck for me

masochistic
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: LH FTL
Is it available for German residents only ? I can't seem to find it in the m&m app..
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by fanb
Is it available for German residents only ? I can't seem to find it in the m&m app..
It's available for a couple countries. If you can't find it, yours probably isn't one of them.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am having a hell of a time simply trying to melt the ice. Am I alone with this? The first day it was tough to melt the ice and secure the prize, now it is well nigh impossible. Both on the iPad and the iPhone. It could be linked to the strength and quality of the internet which seems to be universally and utterly crap everywhere I go in Switzerland just now. I’m so tired of all this stuff that doesn’t work properly and I’m probably not going to bother from now on because it wastes so much time. Anyway, I’ve drawn 0 for myself since it started which does becomes annoying after a bit. Like I said elsewhere, this sort of thing definitely does not generate loyalty or interest.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:00 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
I am having a hell of a time simply trying to melt the ice.
I have problems pressing the "OK" button or the "Secure the prize button" after melting the ice. Melting the ice has not been a problem so far.

Does your phone already have a touchscreen?

HTB.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It’s an iPhone with a touchscreen, although I usually do the thing on an iPad, But the iPad is just as annoying and difficult. I really don’t know what the problem is, but I’m getting truly tired of all this electronic crap not working properly. And I’m simply too busy to waste any more time on it.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Miles & More FTL
I had the exact same problem yesterday with my Android phone, and I don't think this is related to the connection speed as I was connected in 4G with excellent signal. My "prize" of 50 miles appeared on the screen after some easy scratching, but then was suddenly covered again in snow and was very difficult to "unfreeze" this time. Strange issue...

Flying almost exclusively intra-EU flights and being used to the (much more humiliating) 125 miles per segment on LH, 50 miles for a simple game felt like a godsend.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:41 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by Anderson24
Flying almost exclusively intra-EU flights and being used to the (much more humiliating) 125 miles per segment on LH, 50 miles for a simple game felt like a godsend.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
5 days of this stupid game without any prize

I know I am not a lucky person, but common lufthansa. This is no sens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.