Is Lufthansa deliberatly keeping me from my Senator status?

Old Dec 5, 17, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Is Lufthansa deliberatly keeping me from my Senator status?

Hi,

Over the last 4 months I have been flying business on the same route with different Star Alliance partners (SN, LH, LX, OS, LO).

Until reaching 80,000 status miles, my miles were credited perfectly, from all Lufthansa and partner flights.

Since reaching 80,000 miles, I am not receiving any miles anymore.

Every milage request that I fill in after 2 weeks returns as 'cannot issue milage request'.

When contacting lufthansa, the only reply that I get is to 'mail all boarding passes' to some physicall address in Germany. When politely explaing that mailing digital QR codes rather than physical boarding passes is not really ideal, they keep replying that there is nothing they can change. This while I attached all my information, ticket numbers as well as screenshots of all mobile boarding passes.

In addition, I am checking every checkin that my FTL status is on y boarding pass ( to double confirm that my miles and more number is taken into the issues boadin pass)

I find this whole thing extremly frustrating, as I should have reached sneator over 6 weeks ago and nobody at Lufthansa is offering any help. And now we are reaching the end of the calendar year ..

Would anyone have advice on a number to call or email address to use to discuss this ?

Thank you in advance
Old Dec 5, 17, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by simpleme55 View Post
When contacting lufthansa, the only reply that I get is to 'mail all boarding passes' to some physicall address in Germany. When politely explaing that mailing digital QR codes rather than physical boarding passes is not really ideal, they keep replying that there is nothing they can change. This while I attached all my information, ticket numbers as well as screenshots of all mobile boarding passes.

(...)

I find this whole thing extremly frustrating, as I should have reached sneator over 6 weeks ago and nobody at Lufthansa is offering any help. And now we are reaching the end of the calendar year ..

Would anyone have advice on a number to call or email address to use to discuss this ?

Thank you in advance
This is what they do. You must follow the ritual or you have no hope. Calling will only gain you the same explanation (they are not empowered to assist you in the actual crediting) and e-mails will only delay your process further.

If you send in the boarding passes in separate batches, be ready for the last 5,000 miles or so to also not be credited, requiring a resend. Eventually it will work out, but you will have to earn it again through your extra efforts.
Old Dec 6, 17, 8:40 am
htb

Programs: LH FTL (soft landing), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
It's probably like Grog said: print out your boarding passes and if it's just a screenshot. Make copies when you have real paper. Make sure you don't send the originals since they might get lost on their way three times around the globe.

HTB.
Old Dec 6, 17, 9:33 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
This is what they do. You must follow the ritual or you have no hope. Calling will only gain you the same explanation (they are not empowered to assist you in the actual crediting) and e-mails will only delay your process further.
Thank goodness United is not still requiring me to do this! (I just sent in scans and they verify and credit - because LH simply didn't *bother* to first: Ask for my FF# in Denmark, then when I handed my UA*G card to the FCT representative, she never bothered to enter it and/or reprint the BP! (Revenue F too!)
Old Dec 6, 17, 11:39 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, HHonors Diamond
This is a stretch, but you may try calling the US customer service line. I am an American living long-term in India and have had success calling the US customer service line even though my account/mailing address is registered in India. No one has ever questioned the fact that I'm calling the US line from an India phone number with an Indian M&M account. I've found the India customer service to be useless, and the US customer service to be helpful and friendly. I was recently missing some miles from a Thai Airways flight, and they simply asked me to email the boarding passes.
Old Dec 6, 17, 11:41 am

Lately I hadn't got some mile credited as well (3 flights on LX/LZ). But in my case I just had to fill out the online form and they were credited within seconds.
Old Dec 6, 17, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sweetfire009 View Post
This is a stretch, but you may try calling the US customer service line. I am an American living long-term in India and have had success calling the US customer service line even though my account/mailing address is registered in India. No one has ever questioned the fact that I'm calling the US line from an India phone number with an Indian M&M account. I've found the India customer service to be useless, and the US customer service to be helpful and friendly. I was recently missing some miles from a Thai Airways flight, and they simply asked me to email the boarding passes.
Considering all retroclaims are queued to Arvato in Gurgaon near DEL its rather ironic....
Old Dec 6, 17, 3:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN*, HH Gold
I don't think LH is deliberately keeping you from your Senator status but something has obviously gone wrong. As others have suggested you will have to send screenshots of your online BPs and possibly your booking confirmation as requested.

Fortunately I've only had to retroclaim a few times and except for one rather complicated case many years ago I haven't even had to send a scanned copy of a BP as attachment. It's obviously too late for the OP but if miles are important for status qualification or renewal I usually email PDF versions of BPs to myself in addition to getting BPs on the phone so I have something to send if I need to retroclaim.
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:12 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
This is really poor from M&M

since you already qualified for SEN & you have not received your earned status. I suggest you reach out to the official LH Lurkers here to see if they can help to get M&M assist you.
Old Dec 10, 17, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
This is really poor from M&M

since you already qualified for SEN & you have not received your earned status. I suggest you reach out to the official LH Lurkers here to see if they can help to get M&M assist you.
First of all thank you all of you for the advice

@chris63, any guidance as to who these lurkers are

Fyi, took 4 more flights since writing the original - combination of online and offline check in. Not a single mile credited.
Old Dec 10, 17, 2:50 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by simpleme55 View Post
First of all thank you all of you for the advice

@chris63, any guidance as to who these lurkers are

Fyi, took 4 more flights since writing the original - combination of online and offline check in. Not a single mile credited.
Lurkers are in the sticky thread on this forum, just post them the issue there & good luck
Old Dec 10, 17, 3:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN*, HH Gold
Here’s the thread.
Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread