FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Is Lufthansa deliberatly keeping me from my Senator status? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1881068-lufthansa-deliberatly-keeping-me-my-senator-status.html)

simpleme55 Dec 5, 17 10:31 am

Is Lufthansa deliberatly keeping me from my Senator status?
 
Hi,

Over the last 4 months I have been flying business on the same route with different Star Alliance partners (SN, LH, LX, OS, LO).

Until reaching 80,000 status miles, my miles were credited perfectly, from all Lufthansa and partner flights.

Since reaching 80,000 miles, I am not receiving any miles anymore.

Every milage request that I fill in after 2 weeks returns as 'cannot issue milage request'.

When contacting lufthansa, the only reply that I get is to 'mail all boarding passes' to some physicall address in Germany. When politely explaing that mailing digital QR codes rather than physical boarding passes is not really ideal, they keep replying that there is nothing they can change. This while I attached all my information, ticket numbers as well as screenshots of all mobile boarding passes.

In addition, I am checking every checkin that my FTL status is on y boarding pass ( to double confirm that my miles and more number is taken into the issues boadin pass)

I find this whole thing extremly frustrating, as I should have reached sneator over 6 weeks ago and nobody at Lufthansa is offering any help. And now we are reaching the end of the calendar year ..

Would anyone have advice on a number to call or email address to use to discuss this ?

Thank you in advance

Grog Dec 5, 17 3:10 pm


Originally Posted by simpleme55 (Post 29136967)
When contacting lufthansa, the only reply that I get is to 'mail all boarding passes' to some physicall address in Germany. When politely explaing that mailing digital QR codes rather than physical boarding passes is not really ideal, they keep replying that there is nothing they can change. This while I attached all my information, ticket numbers as well as screenshots of all mobile boarding passes.

(...)

I find this whole thing extremly frustrating, as I should have reached sneator over 6 weeks ago and nobody at Lufthansa is offering any help. And now we are reaching the end of the calendar year ..

Would anyone have advice on a number to call or email address to use to discuss this ?

Thank you in advance

This is what they do. You must follow the ritual or you have no hope. Calling will only gain you the same explanation (they are not empowered to assist you in the actual crediting) and e-mails will only delay your process further.

If you send in the boarding passes in separate batches, be ready for the last 5,000 miles or so to also not be credited, requiring a resend. Eventually it will work out, but you will have to earn it again through your extra efforts.

htb Dec 6, 17 8:40 am

It's probably like Grog said: print out your boarding passes and if it's just a screenshot. Make copies when you have real paper. Make sure you don't send the originals since they might get lost on their way three times around the globe.

HTB.

SuperFlyBoy Dec 6, 17 9:33 am


Originally Posted by Grog (Post 29138119)
This is what they do. You must follow the ritual or you have no hope. Calling will only gain you the same explanation (they are not empowered to assist you in the actual crediting) and e-mails will only delay your process further.

Thank goodness United is not still requiring me to do this! (I just sent in scans and they verify and credit - because LH simply didn't *bother* to first: Ask for my FF# in Denmark, then when I handed my UA*G card to the FCT representative, she never bothered to enter it and/or reprint the BP! (Revenue F too!)

sweetfire009 Dec 6, 17 11:39 am

This is a stretch, but you may try calling the US customer service line. I am an American living long-term in India and have had success calling the US customer service line even though my account/mailing address is registered in India. No one has ever questioned the fact that I'm calling the US line from an India phone number with an Indian M&M account. I've found the India customer service to be useless, and the US customer service to be helpful and friendly. I was recently missing some miles from a Thai Airways flight, and they simply asked me to email the boarding passes.

thbe Dec 6, 17 11:41 am

Lately I hadn't got some mile credited as well (3 flights on LX/LZ). But in my case I just had to fill out the online form and they were credited within seconds.

oliver2002 Dec 6, 17 1:59 pm


Originally Posted by sweetfire009 (Post 29141576)
This is a stretch, but you may try calling the US customer service line. I am an American living long-term in India and have had success calling the US customer service line even though my account/mailing address is registered in India. No one has ever questioned the fact that I'm calling the US line from an India phone number with an Indian M&M account. I've found the India customer service to be useless, and the US customer service to be helpful and friendly. I was recently missing some miles from a Thai Airways flight, and they simply asked me to email the boarding passes.

Considering all retroclaims are queued to Arvato in Gurgaon near DEL its rather ironic.... :p

NewbieRunner Dec 6, 17 3:49 pm

I don't think LH is deliberately keeping you from your Senator status but something has obviously gone wrong. As others have suggested you will have to send screenshots of your online BPs and possibly your booking confirmation as requested.

Fortunately I've only had to retroclaim a few times and except for one rather complicated case many years ago I haven't even had to send a scanned copy of a BP as attachment. It's obviously too late for the OP but if miles are important for status qualification or renewal I usually email PDF versions of BPs to myself in addition to getting BPs on the phone so I have something to send if I need to retroclaim.

chris63 Dec 7, 17 3:12 am

This is really poor from M&M :td:

since you already qualified for SEN & you have not received your earned status. I suggest you reach out to the official LH Lurkers here to see if they can help to get M&M assist you.

simpleme55 Dec 10, 17 2:38 am


Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 29144645)
This is really poor from M&M :td:

since you already qualified for SEN & you have not received your earned status. I suggest you reach out to the official LH Lurkers here to see if they can help to get M&M assist you.

First of all thank you all of you for the advice

@chris63, any guidance as to who these lurkers are

Fyi, took 4 more flights since writing the original - combination of online and offline check in. Not a single mile credited.

chris63 Dec 10, 17 2:50 am


Originally Posted by simpleme55 (Post 29155559)
First of all thank you all of you for the advice

@chris63, any guidance as to who these lurkers are

Fyi, took 4 more flights since writing the original - combination of online and offline check in. Not a single mile credited.

Lurkers are in the sticky thread on this forum, just post them the issue there & good luck

NewbieRunner Dec 10, 17 3:17 am

Here’s the thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...nairlines.html


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright © 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.