Search

Munich Check in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:46 pm
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Munich Check in

Domestic flight within Germany. Departing at 0800. How early must I be at the airport? Carry-on only and will do online check-in and boarding pass.

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
35-40 min ahead if you have no status.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:13 pm
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
35-40 min ahead if you have no status.
Thanks for the info.

UA * alliance gold if that does anything for me
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Then its 25-30 min since you can use the F/C security on the right side.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Well, boarding will begin at T-25/30 and security may take a few minutes. And you may have a bit of a march to the gate. I'd be there at 0720.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Suspecting your flight is within the next few days, I would recommend allowing for approx. 20min delay if you are taking public transportation as the snow has caused quite some hiccups here. And don't forget you'll be in the morning rush so both trains and the Autobahn will be packed.
So personally I would plan to arrive at 0700 at last.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
If your flight departs from the K-L gates in the satellite terminal add another 10 - 15 minutes to your schedule. You have to take the automatic shuttle between the main terminal and the satellite terminal. For this you need to get down to the underground levels which takes a few minutes, have to wait for the shuttle and get up again to gates in the satellite terminal. Just check your boarding pass if it says G or K. G is main building and K is satellite building.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:48 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Then its 25-30 min since you can use the F/C security on the right side.
Thanks for that heads up, really appreciate it.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:50 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
If your flight departs from the K-L gates in the satellite terminal add another 10 - 15 minutes to your schedule. You have to take the automatic shuttle between the main terminal and the satellite terminal. For this you need to get down to the underground levels which takes a few minutes, have to wait for the shuttle and get up again to gates in the satellite terminal. Just check your boarding pass if it says G or K. G is main building and K is satellite building.
Appreciate the information, thanks
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:50 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
Thanks for your input, it does help.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:52 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Well, boarding will begin at T-25/30 and security may take a few minutes. And you may have a bit of a march to the gate. I'd be there at 0720.
Probably get there a little earlier than 0720, might want to drop into the lounge for a quick breakfast.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:54 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bavariair
Suspecting your flight is within the next few days, I would recommend allowing for approx. 20min delay if you are taking public transportation as the snow has caused quite some hiccups here. And don't forget you'll be in the morning rush so both trains and the Autobahn will be packed.
So personally I would plan to arrive at 0700 at last.
April 2018
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sfo
Probably get there a little earlier than 0720, might want to drop into the lounge for a quick breakfast.
Good idea. Would try to be there around 7 and use the extra time as buffer or, if things go smoothly, for coffee and a bite.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
LH lounge breakfast is much better than what you're likely to get on board!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:27 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Good idea. Would try to be there around 7 and use the extra time as buffer or, if things go smoothly, for coffee and a bite.
Always better to be a bit early than a bit late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.