Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 5-star certification from Skytrax [2017-22]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lufthansa was downgraded to four star by Skytrax this week.
good, they were years late
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
So really- once again- it’s a bit favourable to LH to leave the name of this thread unchanged. Surely it should now be “Lufthansa loses 5-star certification from Skytrax”....
Tap the ! and alert a mod
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I know Skytractor is a bit opaque but I wonder what the downgrade was based upon .

If it's the crappy FFP, the downgrade should have happened a decade before the elevation and the silly mask obsession is carried by Germany's administration not by LH itself.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Warsaw Airport ranked the same as Manchester 🥴
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
For me rougly 3-stars and I am generous!
Skytrax is defenitely not the company we should consider. They have to be ignored.
Is then QR, SQ and similar 8 stars?

They think we were born yesterday!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
. .Is then QR, SQ and similar 8 stars?

They think we were born yesterday!
I take LH any day over these two. I would not even consider QR a good airline, let alone a 5 star one.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Here it is:

10 stars for embarrassing. Are they actively trying to remove even the last bit of credibility from Skytrax?
Spending a huge amount of money for liveries instead of investing in staff and in better onboard services. I would rather have a 5cm larger pitch and a can of Coke then flying with this crap outside!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by weero
I take LH any day over these two. I would not even consider QR a good airline, let alone a 5 star one.
Oh no? You wouldn't consider very good hard product on board QR, excellent food, good staff and new nice planes with lavish interiors? I am not defending them, just giving my experience on those which I flew with..
GalaxyChris, rt23456p and olive_b like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I know Skytractor is a bit opaque but I wonder what the downgrade was based upon .

This
weero, hugolover, cas_de and 9 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Without being sarcastic are you talking as a customer or shareholder of LH group?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ermis177

This
Can't believe my eyes! IS that een possible? C class from HAM to?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:10 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
4 stars is still honourable, still will never understand why people fly MEA

Skytrax is opaque indeed and in addition completely meaningless. Possibly LH group management stopped paying the "consultancy fee" and rightly so. Perhaps there are better investments for the benefit of the product.

QR may be a "good" airline, BUT

Oh no? You wouldn't consider very good hard product on board QR, excellent food, good staff and new nice planes with lavish interiors? I am not defending them, just giving my experience on those which I flew with..
the company and the country it is owned by, is a nasty appalling place when it comes to human, women, gay, workers rights and you name it. Basic values are completely ignored and THIS will make many people (including me) wanting NEVER fly with any MEA. When I see a well known gay travel blogger* posing with his husband on these flights, I can only be appalled by such inconsistency. (*It's the guy who started a fight over a baggage tag with one of the lovely LH lounge agents in MXP shaming her over the internet by quoting also her name - this would have landed him somewhere else in a MEA country).

Can't believe my eyes! IS that een possible? C class from HAM to?
This looks like "Condor" class on AR on a three hours flight.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by behuman
Skytrax is opaque indeed and in addition completely meaningless. Possibly LH group management stopped paying the "consultancy fee" and rightly so. Perhaps there are better investments for the benefit of the product.
I assumed LH is still paying them cuz they have 4 stars rather than 3 stars
Unterwegs, chris63, the810 and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
That's still one star more than they deserve. Onboard service has been declining in all cabins since at least 2018, if not earlier, so this dire state of affairs certainly isn't attributable solely to Covid. .

In the current market, buy-on-board is more or less justifiable for short-haul economy, but the removal of free liquor in both long-hauleconomy and premium economy devalues the product tremendously. Were you to peruse the intercontinental "Onboard Delights" menu (https://www.lufthansa.com/am/en/onbo...tercontinental), you'll find that they'll provide tonic water for free, but that the gin costs extra. They'll also sell you a bag of pretzels for 2 EUR (the pre-meal snack service seemingly long since having gone the way of the dodo). It's all just laughable.

Then there's "Business Class", where you'll be presented with Tasting Slop within Europe and not much better on Intercontinental. With the notable exception of First Class, Lufthansa simply cannot compete with the likes of BA or AF when it comes to premium travel on either long or short haul routes.

Aside from First, more or less the only attractive thing about Lufthansa at the moment is the long haul fleet diversity, but I'm afraid even that isn't enough to give them another chance at the moment. I'll give it a year and reassess, because (like many on this board, I'm sure) I really did used to enjoy flying with them - which makes their rapid decline all the more lamentable.
kai.lileboo, rt23456p and N107UA like this.

Last edited by BA850; Jun 25, 2022 at 8:23 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Not surprised. This is the right place for them
Just review their J class transformation plans for getting new J seats and you know why it is been downgraded.
rt23456p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.