Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish takes delivery of its 737-8 MAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. Cayman Airways, which has 2 MAX 8 aircraft in operation and 2 MAX 8 aircraft on order.
  2. Ethiopian Airlines which grounded its fleet of 4 MAX 8 aircraft. The airline has 25 more MAX 8 aircraft aircraft on order.
  3. Comair, which has 1 MAX 8 aircraft in operation and 7 MAX 8 aircraft on order.
  4. Royal Air Maroc, which has 2 MAX 8 aircraft in operation and 2 MAX 8 aircraft on order.
  5. MIAT Mongolian Airlines, which has 1 MAX 8 aircraft in operation and 3 MAX 8 aircraft on order.
  6. Aeroméxico, which has 6 MAX 8 aircraft in operation and 54 MAX aircraft on order.
  7. Aerolíneas Argentinas, which has 5 MAX 8 aircraft in operation and 8 MAX aircraft on order.
  8. Civil Aviation Administration of China, which grounded the 96 Boeing 737 MAX 8s in China.
  9. Ministry of Transport of Indonesia, which grounded 11 Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft in Indonesia. Both carriers have unfilled orders for a total of 240 MAX jets, according to Boeing's books.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/424...fleet-grounded

He writes that’s more than a third of the 7M8 grounded that are in service.

TUI have grounded too per your post? I did not realise that, so the first European carrier to do so?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No Tui issued a statement yesterday that the 15 7M8 they currently operate in Europe will continue to fly.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

The aircraft is now banned from the UK airspace, which means that LOT will have to rearrange operations to/from LHR (I doubt it will be a major issue, though, as they can still deploy SP-LWA/B/C/D i.e. the 738s).

G
iLied likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No Tui issued a statement yesterday that the 15 7M8 they currently operate in Europe will continue to fly.
TUI UK can’t fly the aircraft now and LOT will have to change the aircraft at the last minute for the rest of the flights today into LHR.

CAA has just announced that all MAX series aircraft are banned as a precaution from UK airspace.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The aircraft is now banned from the UK airspace, which means that LOT will have to rearrange operations to/from LHR (I doubt it will be a major issue, though, as they can still deploy SP-LWA/B/C/D i.e. the 738s).

G
Just having checked the booking system for today, it’s an E95 operating tonight’s flights to LHR.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

E95 on LHR this afternoon
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
E95 on LHR this afternoon
I’d looked from LHR this evening so would be same rotation. Interestingly enough, next week is still showing a Max 8. Also, passengers have the right to ask for a different flight as the aircraft isn’t what is expected.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They don’t, only if the operating carrier would change, that would be a material change in the contract, but not the EQP if it’s still PLL LOT.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:06 am

They don’t, only if the operating carrier would change, that would be a material change in the contract, but not the EQP if it’s still PLL LOT.
It’s not what experts are saying about the grounding.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:13 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I think the experts are wrong. Change of aircraft has never been a guarantee for rebooking.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I think the experts are wrong. Change of aircraft has never been a guarantee for rebooking.
This is an aviation safety expert talking in the Guardian. This isn’t an operational change, it’s an enforced change so the rules are slightly different. It’s not for a technical reason the aircraft can’t fly, it’s grounded.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are talking cross purposes.

I’m not referring to the 7M8. There is no contractual basis to change a flight, outside of fare conditions, if it changes from say an E95 to a B738.

If an expert in the Grauniad is saying that pax who are booked on a 7M8 and wish to change, then that is different now that the U.K. CAA has banned it, and probably for some goodwill reasons but it’s not on legal contractual basis.

As it’s the Grauniad, pinch of salt should always be exercised in any case.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
So because the MAX is grounded, passengers can request a rebooking because the operating plane will be an E95 ? And what should they ask for ?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course not. LOT won’t be operating to the U.K. with those aircraft anymore. That matter is closed.

The confusion is that the Grauniad is talking in the context of U.K. and no one is thinking of tiny tiny LOT with it’s 3 flights a day.

A change of aircraft type under the same AOC is not a change in the contract and no rebooking.

So no change if it’s now an E95, but if Basia’s negotiating team bring in Blue Air again, then yes, they can change it’s a new carrier.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:36 am

Of course not. LOT won’t be operating to the U.K. with those aircraft anymore. That matter is closed.

The confusion is that the Grauniad is talking in the context of U.K. and no one is thinking of tiny tiny LOT with it’s 3 flights a day.

A change of aircraft type under the same AOC is not a change in the contract and no rebooking.

So no change if it’s now an E95, but if Basia’s negotiating team bring in Blue Air again, then yes, they can change it’s a new carrier.
It was actually talking about passengers in South East Asia, where there is a lot going on about this. The rules are different here. It’s a safety issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.