Search

First time Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
First time Business Class

Hi all,

in a few weeks I will fly HAM-SEA via FRA, all in Business class. Not first time in Biz, but first time in Biz on LH.
My company will book tickets in the next days so I do no have the booking class yet, but I get full flex ticket. How many flights do I need to get FT or SEN. A colleague of me got SEN after 4 RT.

What to expect on LH J? I flew on EK both on 777 both on 380 in J.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Hi all,

in a few weeks I will fly HAM-SEA via FRA, all in Business class. Not first time in Biz, but first time in Biz on LH.
My company will book tickets in the next days so I do no have the booking class yet, but I get full flex ticket. How many flights do I need to get FT or SEN. A colleague of me got SEN after 4 RT.

According to the mileage calculator u can receive between 11.188 and 23.376 Miles for the return flight...FTL is 35 000 , SEN is 100 000.But do you really need the status when your company is paying you full flex tickets ?
you could look for another mileage program (with cheaper redemption taxes ) to credit those full fare miles..Or a program that would make u *Gold for less miles ..so much options hah ..up to you
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Well, status is useful when I flew for private reasons.
so maybe Turkish and Aegean are faster for *A Silver and Gold?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Pretty much anything is faster than LH when it comes to status. You often have to counterbalance that with the benefits of having your elite status on the airline that you're generally flying with. Even so, if the flights you're making are full C class fares it's not like you need to hope for op-ups or lounge access. But as you've stated, the status comes in handy if/when you fly on your own account. So calculate the miles you expect to earn from your travel patterns using wheretocredit.com. If the total is only enough to give you FTL on LH but clearly sufficient for *G in another program, then I'd definitely look to credit elsewhere. Unless your #1 aspiration in life is using your miles for an F flight on LH, I don't see anything to change that.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
A big disappointment
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
A big disappointment
I'd rather fly HAM-FRA-SEA in LH's J than HAM-DXB-SEA in EK's. But tastes are different.

What to expect: A lie-flat seat (in pairs, only real downside if you are traveling alone), decent drinks and meal service, lounges in FRA, good irrop handling and a much shorter overall travel time than most other airlines are able to offer on that connection. And a lot less fake gold bling-bling and fake wood than on airlines like EK.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Of course I will fly HAM-FRA-SEA and not HAM-DXB-SEA (I think it is not even sold by EK)
I will travel alone, not in pairs, maybe with colleague, but I think alone.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Hope they block your companion seat. They seem to do that always for HON/Senator members.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Hope they block your companion seat. They seem to do that always for HON/Senator members.
The thread starter does not have status with LH, why would they block the seat? They won't.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The thread starter does not have status with LH, why would they block the seat? They won't.
+1, have had this benefit irregularly on intra-eu flights,but never had on Longhaul.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Only if the flight is not full.

Originally Posted by tgj1974
+1, have had this benefit irregularly on intra-eu flights,but never had on Longhaul.
Although not relevant to the OP I’ve had some success when selecting row 82 (the second row on the upper deck of the 748i) which is only available to SEN/HON for ASR. I’ve found row 81 to be too close to the lav.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by tgj1974
"Benefit" or was the seat just (accidentally) empty because the flight was not full? Or maybe because +1 was sitting in the same 3-seat-row with a SEN/HON, who had the deat blocked next to her/him?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I meant at check in, yes LH will for sure NOT accommodate that prior to check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.