Wiki Posts
Search

EC261 Altea Failure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:27 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I fully agree that there is no excuse, would however certainly advise my clients in a similar way: Reject all claims with boiler plate language and you will most likely see 80% of them never again.
I think that's working fine in Germany where you can cheat one customer after the other and ignore the occasional court ruling as a "special" case. My feeling is that in the US there would soon be a class action suit with punitive penalties so high that the responsible managers wished they had just followed the law.

HTB.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:56 am

I made a claim for EU 261 (made the claim Monday evening). How long is the reply time currently (if anyone happens to know)?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Grog
Maybe you enjoy the water, but you've tried to drag me and others into your pool, and I refuse to swim in it.

It is untrue that we all try to get out of paying when a validated bill is presented to us. The reason that your suggested 80% are never seen again is not because their complaint is invalid. It's because 80% were cheated out of what was due to them due to administrative hurdles. And you're right, there is NO excuse for cheating anyone out of it, all the while bathing in the comfort of a hurdle which is imposed by the cheater themselves. But I'm not denying your realities, I'm only correcting your statement in saying they are not everyone's.
sorry, nobody is cheating. They argue the claim is not valid because of technical reasons, bad weather, not their fault etc. This is the typical reaction of probably ninetynine percent of the inmates here after eg a traffic accident, it is not once fault. This is nothing but a legal defence and they are very well within their rights to defend themselves. Whether we like it or not. At the end of the day a court has to decide whether they are right or wrong. Ant the caselaw, which in not precedent in an Anglo Saxon meaning in almost all of the EU member states is difficult and contradictory. Most of the cases and most of their arguments are pobably without merits in my humble opinion. But I am not the court.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
sorry, nobody is cheating. They argue the claim is not valid because of technical reasons, bad weather, not their fault etc. This is the typical reaction of probably ninetynine percent of the inmates here after eg a traffic accident, it is not once fault. This is nothing but a legal defence and they are very well within their rights to defend themselves. Whether we like it or not. At the end of the day a court has to decide whether they are right or wrong. Ant the caselaw, which in not precedent in an Anglo Saxon meaning in almost all of the EU member states is difficult and contradictory. Most of the cases and most of their arguments are pobably without merits in my humble opinion. But I am not the court.
I shall never understand why someone says sorry if they are not. It's a very patronizing word when used idiomatically.

We disagree on the facts. We don't disagree on the law. And, finally, we disagree on ethics and morality, and how Lufthansa's behavior is to be assessed when laid against national law, as well as ethics and morality. I'm afraid Lufthansa is cheating (ethically and morally)...wait, I'm not afraid...I am sure Lufthansa is cheating (in the ethical and moral sense) customers of their due refunds.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I am afraid is as least as patronizing asI am sorry as you are certainly even less afraid than I am sorry
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I am afraid is as least as patronizing asI am sorry as you are certainly even less afraid than I am sorry
Both phrases are idioms, but in these contexts, they are not both patronizing--the association of 'sorry' was toward me, but the association of 'afraid' was toward LH, and not you. I used the phrase and then immediately withdrew it further along in the sentence, as a matter of style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.