LO flight now operated by 0B (Blue Air)

Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lack
So are you implying this is change is in violation of regulations or safety laws?
No.

I'm saying, that changing to 0B means its subject to its Romanian AOC, not the Polish one, which is the one I contracted with. The Regulation exists for a reason you know?

Its merely a matter of safety reports that 0B seems a bit more crashy crashy than LO.

Talking of crashes: I spoke to LO again this afternoon, they will call back, but while the agent knew the concept of a wet lease unlike yesterday where I was told it was a codeshare with B0. She said "Its just like this Summer, where one of our Dreamliners crashed in Canada and we used another company".

"Crashed?" I said. "Oh yes, thats not a good word" she replied.

I have never once EVER spoken with an airline employee who even used this word. . Surely its on a list of never to be used words when in conversation with a customer...

Luckily my flight isn't today .
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:47 am

If the Romanian AOC would mean compromises on safety then then I don't think they'd be allowed to fly to Poland (or the EU). Regulations are a two way street, you can't usually pick and choose which one you want to follow, and that's why flying is incredibile safe.

Don't get me wrong, I think the airlines have way too much 'creative freedom' with their product delivery language, but I don't we have to insinuate that compromises safety.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lack
If the Romanian AOC would mean compromises on safety then then I don't think they'd be allowed to fly to Poland (or the EU). Regulations are a two way street, you can't usually pick and choose which one you want to follow, and that's why flying is incredibile safe.

Don't get me wrong, I think the airlines have way too much 'creative freedom' with their product delivery language, but I don't we have to insinuate that compromises safety.
There is a two tier Europe, maybe even three tiers! You can't possibly compare a Romanian AOC to a British CAA issued AOC. Within the EU, not all carriers are equal, not all Regulators are equal, not all countries. To think so, is just idealistic fantasy.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:37 am

But if the lesser tier carriers are allowed to fly over your head on a daily basis, surely the authority regulating the local sky has to have a high enough level of confidence in their safety record/procedures to allow it.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by hugolover
Talking of crashes: I spoke to LO again this afternoon, they will call back, but while the agent knew the concept of a wet lease unlike yesterday where I was told it was a codeshare with B0. She said "Its just like this Summer, where one of our Dreamliners crashed in Canada and we used another company".

"Crashed?" I said. "Oh yes, thats not a good word" she replied.

I have never once EVER spoken with an airline employee who even used this word. . Surely its on a list of never to be used words when in conversation with a customer...

Luckily my flight isn't today .
I take it that based on your conversations with LO and your propensity to jump to conclusions and blow things out of proportion, you no longer trust the airline and you are therefore happy to fly on a Blue Air plane instead. @:-)
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
I take it that based on your conversations with LO and your propensity to jump to conclusions and blow things out of proportion, you no longer trust the airline and you are therefore happy to fly on a Blue Air plane instead. @:-)
That's not me, my learned friend.

"Crash" shouldn't even be in the vocabulary of any airline staffer, particularly not a customer facing role in a contact centre and it wasn't repeating a word I had used prior. I think its funny, its why I posted it here. Two interactions, both making mistakes.

Inshallah, things will be fine on 0B and it won't overrun the runway, almost one year to date when that happened in CLJ.

If LO choose to contract with this firm then I think I should have the right to rebooking if the operating carrier changed from when I booked. This is just common sense.

I have very little faith LO's behaviour is actually the industry norm. As I said, it surprises me greatly that when BA used QR, ENZ etc they gave the pax the right to rebook IF the carrier changed from time of booking and this was purely a goodwill lovely heartwarming gesture from a carrier that gives 2000 Avios if there's no meal loaded in "Club". I don't suggest pax should have such a right if the operating carrier was properly indicated at the time of booking.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:54 pm

While I may disagree with you on the safety issues, I do agree that passengers shouldn't be treated as cattle and should be able to enforce the specifics of the contract other then getting from point A to B. Yet, sadly it's I don't think the BA goodwill is a norm.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I arrived at the gate to see it subbed for a LO a/c.
Perhaps they thought I would be litigious?!

Quite happy it resolved itself tbh.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
LOT Wetlease of Blue Air Planes

I have just received confirmation of a LOT return booking LCA-WAW in late March and noticed that the flights are operated by Blue Air. This was not actually mentioned during the booking process but only at the ticketing stage. A number of other routes are apparently being operated by wet leased Blue Air planes during 2018. Does anyone know if *G benefits and mileage will be applicable on these flights?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
It’s there during the booking process when you select the flights. You have to click on the details button.

Despite the actual carrier, these are still LOT flights so any benefits given by LOT apply here.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
The e-ticket states 'marketed by LOT Polish Airlines' and 'operated by Blue Air Airline'. Strictly speaking, the third party A3 *A lounge at LCA could therefore deny entry. WAW does not, however, exist on the list of Blue Air destinations from LCA and the flight can only be booked via LOT.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine
The e-ticket states 'marketed by LOT Polish Airlines' and 'operated by Blue Air Airline'. Strictly speaking, the third party A3 *A lounge at LCA could therefore deny entry. WAW does not, however, exist on the list of Blue Air destinations from LCA and the flight can only be booked via LOT.
Your worries are unfounded as this is merely a wet-lease agreement. Put it like that: you will be flying LOT on a plane with a different livery. Lastly, just for the records and perhaps to put your mind at rest - I did several Blue Air's operated flight and was never refused access at 3rd party lounges (including AMS & CDG).

G
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:59 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
As my friend AlicorporateUK mentioned above. you will be provided with all published *A Gold perks. But seat pitch is fairly terrible on these aircraft - if you have a chance book a bulkhead or emergency exit seats.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
A reasonable question now for a change - does anyone know if a LO flight operated by a 0B aircraft earns segments into FTL qualification?

This is a fairly important question to me at the moment as the fare difference is not that much compared to a Skyteam flight where I could at least use FB benefits.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The flight for all practical FFP purposes is a LO flight, is it just operated by a different carrier in wetlease:

Code:
DOLO267                                                                         
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              LO 267    0 TU 06MAR18                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
WAW          1650  TU CDZFPAR/M  J/RF     738         2:10                      
                      YBMEHKQGTSV/RF                                            
                      WLUO/RF                                                   
AMS 1900  TU                                                2:10                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.WAW AMS   - AIRCRAFT OWNER BLUE AIR AIRLINE                                  
 2.WAW AMS   - OPERATED BY BLUE AIR AIRLINE                                     
 3.WAW AMS   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                                 
 4.WAW AMS   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    
 5.WAW AMS   - C189                                                             
 6.WAW AMS   -  CO2/PAX* 130.50 KG ECO, 130.50 KG PRE                           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
               738  C  10   P  12   Y 162

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.