Upgrade from P and Z to First coming

Old Oct 17, 17, 3:20 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
On my next LX179 (SIN) I am currently booked in business (J!) so I hoped that my upgrade would clear faster. Flight is in about 20 days and I am on the WL as there is only one seat left for sale F1. I understand they try to sell it but on the other hand a J fare is also not really cheap so I would appreciate if it clears 😁.
Old Oct 17, 17, 6:24 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by purch View Post
Admittedly I do tend to forget that there are people with tons of miles to burn, and as you say OPM fliers, who probably wouldn’t care much about a few thousand extra miles.

But is there a big subset of these which are regularly flying in P/Z? I would have thought those types of people are generally flying C, D, J already, so this enhancement wouldn’t really be of interest to them.
Absolutely Im in C or D (never in P or Z except intra-eu) so that's where I use my free Globals rather than 2 Evouchers The Evouchers I keep for upgrades on LX to F since they are usually confirmed instantly by the LX Senator line when F>=4
Old Oct 18, 17, 12:57 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Unfortunately, plans at LH for upgrades from P/Z do not seem to be very concrete yet.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28941932-post1711.html
Old Oct 19, 17, 5:08 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
On my next LX179 (SIN) I am currently booked in business (J!) so I hoped that my upgrade would clear faster. Flight is in about 20 days and I am on the WL as there is only one seat left for sale F1. I understand they try to sell it but on the other hand a J fare is also not really cheap so I would appreciate if it clears 😁.
UPDATE: Meanwhile the upgrade has cleared
It was F1J5C0 when it cleared. I guess some pax cancelled and then the upgrade confirmed. Now F1J8C0. Assume the bc J helped a bit ?
Old Jan 8, 18, 1:49 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by shipsmail View Post
It will come back soon. Same procedure like LX. I was told by LH without mentioning a specific date.
Any update on this? will it also apply to UA GPU's?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: