Upgrade from P and Z to First coming

Old Oct 16, 17, 10:29 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post

Next let's lose non-refundable First Class fares... sure, charge the cancellation fee, but there's nothing First Class about a fare which can't be changed.
Agree

The current A fare ex MAN or BHX to SIN is refundable at 418GBP & changeable
Old Oct 16, 17, 12:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Agree

The current A fare ex MAN or BHX to SIN is refundable at 418GBP & changeable
The last 2 companion tickets in F that I have bought, ex WAW and ex MXP, were neither refundable nor changeable.
Old Oct 17, 17, 1:09 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
4/8 on some routes & you donít think that warrants a change ?
Try FRA-EZE- FRA I was able to get this on Lifemiles & therefore ahead of LH SEN or HON on a P or Z ticket wanting to upgrade.

LH need to take care of their elites first irrespective of booking class as LX have always done 👍
Exactly, they should allow upgrades from P and Z. But not because of low load factors, rather because they value us. ^
Old Oct 17, 17, 3:04 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Totally agree that there should be upgrades vom P/Z to F, but where do you see low load factors? I have flown LH F on 4 different routes (RT) this year and the cabins were always at least 4/8, usually more. West coast USA 7/8 or 8/8.
Everytime in LX and LH F to/from JFK past few years alone or maybe 1 or 2 others in F SIN from FRA on the otherhand Fu;;
Old Oct 17, 17, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by cbourl View Post
Everytime in LX and LH F to/from JFK past few years alone or maybe 1 or 2 others in F SIN from FRA on the otherhand Fu;;
Yeah, but who would waste an upgrade on the short hop to NYC?
Old Oct 17, 17, 3:10 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
I would! Also for to/ from HKG LX/LH invariably almost half full ZRH/MUC/FRA Don't bother with BKK its like SIN From SFO-ZRH is OK if I wanna earn more points from AUSTRALIA to TLV, but its usually fully of those crass twenty something IT s;aves, and with the demise of Global First to/from Australia my 6 GPUs are used on LH!!!!!! Why bother with 2 Evouchers except for LX when you can use a free Global on LH!!

Last edited by cbourl; Oct 17, 17 at 3:14 am Reason: Addition
Old Oct 17, 17, 7:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I seriously doubt LH will allow UA MP GPUs to be used for P/Z fares, the plans seem to be a system similar to LX allowing M&M members to upgrade from P/Z using evouchers or a higher mileage rate.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 17, 17, 8:04 am

Programs: LH M&M
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I seriously doubt LH will allow UA MP GPUs to be used for P/Z fares, the plans seem to be a system similar to LX allowing M&M members to upgrade from P/Z using evouchers or a higher mileage rate.
My usual route is FRA-JNB. Currently a biz to F upgrade is 50k iirc. A one way award is only 85k, so where would this fit in? Itís hard to see how it would be worth paying 65k or 70k when one could have an outright award for only a bit more. Unless of course a devaluation is on the cards... or maybe my particular region would just be a bad use for this if it ever comes to fruition.
Old Oct 17, 17, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Exactly, they should allow upgrades from P and Z. But not because of low load factors, rather because they value us. ^
Even 4/8 is a low load factor for an airline with a load factor of about 82%.
Old Oct 17, 17, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by purch View Post
Itís hard to see how it would be worth paying 65k or 70k when one could have an outright award for only a bit more.
Not really that hard. OPM flyers.
Old Oct 17, 17, 9:28 am

Programs: LH M&M
Originally Posted by Lack View Post
Not really that hard. OPM flyers.
Admittedly I do tend to forget that there are people with tons of miles to burn, and as you say OPM fliers, who probably wouldnít care much about a few thousand extra miles.

But is there a big subset of these which are regularly flying in P/Z? I would have thought those types of people are generally flying C, D, J already, so this enhancement wouldnít really be of interest to them.
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 17, 17, 10:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My usual route is FRA-JNB. Currently a biz to F upgrade is 50k iirc. A one way award is only 85k, so where would this fit in? Itís hard to see how it would be worth paying 65k or 70k when one could have an outright award for only a bit more. Unless of course a devaluation is on the cards... or maybe my particular region would just be a bad use for this if it ever comes to fruition.
LX seems to pull it off... I think the main charm is the possibility to use evouchers on P/Z.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 17, 17, 10:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
LX seems to pull it off... I think the main charm is the possibility to use evouchers on P/Z.
Exactly! The best use of eVouchers at present is either LX P/Z to F or LH Y+ to C. The ability to upgrade LH P/Z to F will be very welcome.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 17, 17, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by thbe View Post
Even 4/8 is a low load factor for an airline with a load factor of about 82%.
Not necessarily. But yes, there would be room for some awards on 4/8 flights.

Sometimes it's just unpredictable: Not too long ago, I wanted to book a companion award MUC-LAX and was initially told I wouldn't be able to get 2 seats, as revenue management predicts to sell 7 F-seats on that route that day. Booked two seats in J instead and after a while the waitlist for two seats in F cleared. The MUC-LAX-flight ended up being 3/8, which it hardly ever seems to be (most of my other experiences were 7/8 or 8/8). With so few seats available in total, it is hard to always make the right predictions or generalize from one-time experiences.
Old Oct 17, 17, 12:00 pm

But is there a big subset of these which are regularly flying in P/Z? I would have thought those types of people are generally flying C, D, J already, so this enhancement wouldnít really be of interest to them.
Given what an invasive nature of the P fare species, I'd guess there's quite a lot of people 'trapped' in those by their corporate travel agents.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: