Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa to introduce new/revised branding & livery in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Madone59
Don't mess this up LH! Your livery is classic, simple and great.
Have to disagree. Their look is old. It's long in the tooth and needs a re-design.
There are ways to update a corporate look and still stay classy. The recent AA rebrand is an example. The logo is perfection. It honours AA's historical eagle logo, but also look fresh, sharp and modern. Same with the typeface they chose also.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are a number of reasons why LH picked certain colors. White for example shows faults far easier than other colors. Even today it is important: the A380 for example needs to be cooled inflight during day flights because the sun heats up even the white fuselage. NZ with their black livery must have substantial extra cooling costs.
The grey came in because Airbus used a lot of composite panels which no longer allowed the silver metal look you could do on Boeing and DC10s. Which is also a reason why AA had to redo their design scheme. Some background on the initial branding is in this book: https://www.amazon.com/A5-05-Lufthan.../dp/3037782676

Curious why @FrankFurtFlyer and others just picked the fantasy liveries (which @N830MH probably only randomly found on the internet) as the design that will come next month
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Hint in 41s of the video:

Other hints here: http://magazin.lufthansa.com/xx/en/n...ue-vom-himmel/
Dave_C likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jan 16, 2018 at 6:07 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K
i really hope they do not get rid of the yellow completely. I hope they keep it to make the livery pop a bit.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i really hope they do not get rid of the yellow completely. I hope they keep it to make the livery pop a bit.
Agreed ^
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:41 am

For those researching, this is a nice link list of the main 3 liveries used so far (1950, 1968, 1989) and 11 variants: Uebersicht ueber die 14 Lufthansa-Liveries
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are a number of reasons why LH picked certain colors. White for example shows faults far easier than other colors. Even today it is important: the A380 for example needs to be cooled inflight during day flights because the sun heats up even the white fuselage. NZ with their black livery must have substantial extra cooling costs.
The grey came in because Airbus used a lot of composite panels which no longer allowed the silver metal look you could do on Boeing and DC10s. Which is also a reason why AA had to redo their design scheme. Some background on the initial branding is in this book: https://www.amazon.com/A5-05-Lufthan.../dp/3037782676

Curious why @FrankFurtFlyer and others just picked the fantasy liveries (which @N830MH probably only randomly found on the internet) as the design that will come next month
I have that book. It's an interesting read.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Given that it will be an evolution of the livery, I'd delete the grey belly, use a darker blue, a slightly paler yellow (I think the yellow is rather shrill. Particularly if it's applied to large surfaces like gate/check-in/service desk) and call it a day. It would certainly fit the blue seating in their A350.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:34 am

Qantas and Cathay have gone all white, Swiss and Austrian are all white. So my guess is blue tail with simpler white crane logo, all white (maybe a blue or yellow accent along the body) with facelifted typeface in a new size, and the crane in a new position. Curious how they will do the engines.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Given that it will be an evolution of the livery, I'd delete the grey belly, use a darker blue, a slightly paler yellow (I think the yellow is rather shrill. Particularly if it's applied to large surfaces like gate/check-in/service desk) and call it a day. It would certainly fit the blue seating in their A350.
I would consider it very unlikely that they would change the kind of blue/yellow, if they‘ll keep the two colors, which I hope they will. Agree on the white belly.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:04 am

Qantas and Cathay have gone all white, Swiss and Austrian are all white. So my guess is blue tail with simpler white crane logo, all white (maybe a blue or yellow accent along the body) with facelifted typeface in a new size, and the crane in a new position. Curious how they will do the engines.
I would assume the keep some yellow somewhere. If not, it would be the first LH livery without any yellow. But then again, the renderings of the new J cabins are pale and essentially yellow-free.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:14 am

The F/C cabins havent had any LH 'yellow' since quite sometime (2003 for C and 2008 for F?) The Y cabin went nearly all blue with the A359. The LED lighting/accents in the A320 and A359 still have the yellow. See above for the color guideline.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:23 am

This blog Caixa Preta da Solange: Plantão Caixa Preta says that a 'reader' sent them this rendering that is supposed to happen with '99% certainty'. Lets see

Maybe the engines are the 1% uncertainty
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:51 am

The F/C cabins havent had any LH 'yellow' since quite sometime (2003 for C and 2008 for F?) The Y cabin went nearly all blue with the A359. The LED lighting/accents in the A320 and A359 still have the yellow. See above for the color guideline.
Had the same thought about the F/J cabins. The crane on the wall has been silver for a while, but the current J cabin still has the yellow crane on the headrest, if I‘m not mistaken.

Still, it would be the first livery without any yellow. Hope it‘s not going to happen. The yellow seems to be more iconic than the blue (hence yellow and not blue pens etc.), blue is really overused, incl. big blue, Facebook, outlook etc. There are very few yellow widgets on my phone...

Last edited by worldclubber; Jan 18, 2018 at 1:59 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:02 am

Some other liveries in the LH Group:

8420PR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.