Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa to introduce new/revised branding & livery in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sannmann
I was at the A Senator Lounge yesterday at FRA. The LH logos were covered over with sheets. Might that have been because of this rebranding?
Yes. Also at MUC.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Oh dear...

Don't know if the rendering's not reflecting the actual darkness of the blue or if it's due to grey skies but it looks sad (airplane dressed for a funeral kind of sad...).
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Yes. Also at MUC.
MUC right now

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Yeah I saw a video about the logos where one of the LH bosses explains that they did an experiment on a long haul flight from FRA to NYC and counted how many different variations of the crane logo they saw. it was something like 12 if I recall, the color yellow is going to be used for small highlights like, scarfs ,boarding passes, chocolates, pens, bottles of OJ etc. They had to redo the font and update their helvetica render to a more modern version so it renders better on the apps. The bosse´s main message was we have to update or get left behind by the competition. ( lufthansa is finally realizing other airlines are treating their customers better and that not all their customers are 8 star senator hon circle members. )
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
See??

Maybe they want the refugees here in Germany to feel more at home.....
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH's head of marketing talks about the branding and why they did what they did. The yellow boarding pass looks rather bright...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liC1...ature=youtu.be
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I already miss the yellow. So much a part of the LH branding for me.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Wow, what a w*nker.

And, for what it's worth, I think the new "7" is not as nice as the old. What a lot of cr*p marketing is.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH's head of marketing talks about the branding and why they did what they did. The yellow boarding pass looks rather bright...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liC1P6RUK-g&feature=youtu.be
truncated likes this.

Last edited by econprof; Feb 6, 2018 at 3:38 am
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liC1...ature=youtu.be
Twit in a scarf, full of hot air. Somebody’s filled their pockets (and their helium balloon) with this nonsense. Unfortunately you get ........s like this in music all the time. And they tend to wear scarves too.
worldclubber and truncated like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by econprof
Wow, what a w*nker.

[...]
In his defence: he did wear nicely matched scarf and shoes .
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:38 am

@ Concerto:
I like how elegantly he has secured his job for years to come as the implementation of new fewer kinds of elegant crane implies more kinds of elegant and chunky crane over years to come... - And once he's done they can develop the next branding concept to future-proof the brand for the next decade, which probably will be heavily based on a wide use of yellow .
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
FYI, here's the English version of the video
. It amused me that the audience was about the same as for the German version, but some switched places I guess they had to sit through both German and English presentations...

Personally I'm a bit sad that the livery has changed, as the current design with the yellow on the plane has really built up a lot of positive brand equity, just speaking from my own perspective. In fact as I was flying home in January on Lufthansa (before these rumors of livery changing emerged), I thought to myself how beautiful, timeless - and distinctive - the aircraft were, in contrast to so many other airlines. I'm a bit surprised at the use of an all-yellow boarding pass as mentioned above, as that seems quite in-your-face and the opposite of their desire to use yellow more selectively. (And I wonder how that works in outstations, where I often get a generic white boarding card, or a white one with Lufthansa Group brand logos at the bottom. And I wonder how boarding passes printed at home will carry on that theme?) I understand his point that there is inconsistency in the logo treatment today in the customer journey, but that doesn't lead me to the conclusion that they must choose blue as the sole dominant color. Will be curious to see how it's all implemented...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liC1P6RUK-g&feature=youtu.be
Can you give me the time where the boarding pass is shown? I do not have the patience to endure this man...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Well, maybe they wanted to match their *A partner UA's color scheme a little more closely?

Having only flown LH on intra-European flights, I don't hate the design, but I do agree that I do think yellow when I think of LH's colors.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Can you give me the time where the boarding pass is shown? I do not have the patience to endure this man...
13m34s. I watched it on mute with subtitles at 2x speed. Alex is a nice guy though... we met him at the last Kamingespräch and he struggled to explain us the status stars....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.