FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1868683-amex-centurion-plat-access-lh-lx-fcl-sen-lounges.html)

Lack Sep 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

According to OMAAT, Amex Centurion cardholders will get MUC T2 Satellite FCL access when flying LH/LX/OS in any class of service.

SFO777 Sep 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 28839375)
According to OMAAT, Amex Centurion cardholders will get MUC T2 Satellite FCL access when flying LH/LX/OS in any class of service.

Seriously? If true, LH has no idea what hoards they just invited in.

Lack Sep 20, 2017 2:10 pm

The unwashed masses? :)

PhileasFoggy Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm

To be honest I do not think LH would allow that. Especially with the limited seating in that lounge. Also I have received no correspondence from Centurion to show this and I am sure they would be eager to show off a new benefit as very little has been added lately.

Lack Sep 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Here's the story:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lounge-access/

Perhaps you can verify it in the app?

klausa Sep 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Are there really that many Centurion holders that this even has a chance of becoming an issue?

Lack Sep 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Probably quite a bit more then HONs (like add another digit or two according to forum guesstimates).

JohnRain Sep 21, 2017 12:00 am

If this is extended to European Amex cards (which seems very likely), I see a swarm of rubber ducks flying my way... :cool:

vantage03 Sep 22, 2017 4:31 am

I think there'll be many Centurion cardholders who would have no idea what Lounge access their card gives them... but even though as HON I think this is dreadful, it's a nice development for my partner who has a Centurion card but is only SEN.

PhileasFoggy Sep 22, 2017 5:21 am

To be honest I have found no source for this other than the article on One Mile At A Time so it could just be a rumor unless a US Centurion member could check their app.

JohnRain Sep 22, 2017 5:49 am

Originally Posted by PhileasFoggy (Post 28845446)
To be honest I have found no source for this other than the article on One Mile At A Time so it could just be a rumor unless a US Centurion member could check their app.

I'd be interested in that too.
The optimist in me doesn't believe the LH F lounge access until I've heard back from someone who got in... :cool:

JohnRain Sep 23, 2017 4:21 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 28848974)
Last week, enlarged reception staff area, sleeper rooms moved to shower area & only one but it's a proper bedroom.

Centurion card holders have FCL access as of last week, only to FCL satellite, no Limo service & no guests.

Octoberfest Ducks, as of last week, same design as previously but they have been miniaturised :D

Do you know if this is also valid for European Centurions?

chris63 Sep 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by JohnRain (Post 28849113)
Do you know if this is also valid for European Centurions?

Lounge admit list states Amex Centurion

JohnRain Sep 24, 2017 2:18 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 28851285)
Lounge admit list states Amex Centurion

Interesting. Since you're HON you obviously got in the lounge anyway but do you know how it works for Cents that aren't HON? I'm asking this because the "No limo transfer" part confuses me. Does this mean that at the Limo transfer desk they differentiate between HON/F pax and Cents?

chris63 Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain (Post 28852071)
Interesting. Since you're HON you obviously got in the lounge anyway but do you know how it works for Cents that aren't HON? I'm asking this because the "No limo transfer" part confuses me. Does this mean that at the Limo transfer desk they differentiate between HON/F pax and Cents?

Yes, HON & F pax receive the limo service exclusively

daumueller Sep 24, 2017 9:00 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 28852794)
Yes, HON & F pax receive the limo service exclusively

did you ask about that or is there something posted or ...?

chris63 Sep 25, 2017 9:39 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 28852821)
did you ask about that or is there something posted or ...?

I did ask, the FCL staff have a rules manual.

bowzer91 Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm flying MUC - LHR next Monday (2/10). I will try to give the FCL a shot and report back

oliver_dvs Oct 14, 2017 1:27 am

LH Sen Lounge at MUC with AMEX Plat

I've noticed that AMEX Plat flying Business can now get access to SEN lounge at MUC. However I couldn't find the charge for additional guests. Does anyone know how much they charge for one guest invite?

Also, is the fee worth the "upgrade" from the Business lounge to the Sen lounge?

Thanks a million

ToddSpam Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Question

Originally Posted by oliver_dvs (Post 28930888)
I've noticed that AMEX Plat flying Business can now get access to SEN lounge at MUC. However I couldn't find the charge for additional guests. Does anyone know how much they charge for one guest invite?

Also, is the fee worth the "upgrade" from the Business lounge to the Sen lounge?

Thanks a million

How did you learn that AMEX Plats flying business can access the SEN lounge? I got both criteria for a flight in a few weeks. If no one answers your question, I may be able to access it and ask. I first want to verify the info. Thanks.

Mr. LAU Oct 14, 2017 9:49 am

1 Attachment(s)
From the German Amex Platinum page.

Business Lounge in Terminal 2 Satellite when flying with LH group and Senator Lounge when in Business Class.

And I thought they already had enough passengers in both lounges? Or is there so much space left?

pmeye Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am

Does

ALS PLATINUM CARD INHABER ODER INHABER EINER PLATINUM CARD ZUSATZKARTE
mean, only the holders of the two Platinum Cards are authorized or does this apply to all Cards in the portfolio?

EDDMflyer Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm

It´s only for Platinum Card holders. But no mention of additional costs. I never even knew you can guest someone in the LH Lounges for a fee. You learn something new every day. But it also states, that it´s for the Lounges in the Satellite. So maybe it´s only for the Lounges near the K and L gates?

Dschaimz Oct 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by EDDMflyer (Post 28932574)
It´s only for Platinum Card holders. But no mention of additional costs. I never even knew you can guest someone in the LH Lounges for a fee. You learn something new every day. But it also states, that it´s for the Lounges in the Satellite. So maybe it´s only for the Lounges near the K and L gates?

You have been able to guest people in for a fee for a while, the last time I did it it cost 24,- for access to one of the FRA Business Lounges.

worldclubber Oct 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU (Post 28931816)
Business Lounge in Terminal 2 Satellite when flying with LH group and Senator Lounge when in Business Class.

And I thought they already had enough passengers in both lounges? Or is there so much space left?

Space varies by day and time. The lounges in the T2-Sat are often less busy than the ones in T2, but can also be fairly full, e.g. a recent Sunday evening.

htb Oct 15, 2017 7:50 am

Originally Posted by oliver_dvs (Post 28930888)

I still have to find out what the differences between the Business and Senator lounges are. I think it's slightly more food choices.

HTB.

Lack Oct 15, 2017 8:34 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 28934506)
I still have to find out what the differences between the Business and Senator lounges are. I think it's slightly more food choices.

I think there are some differences in the % department as well.

oliver_dvs Oct 15, 2017 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ToddSpam (Post 28931472)
How did you learn that AMEX Plats flying business can access the SEN lounge? I got both criteria for a flight in a few weeks. If no one answers your question, I may be able to access it and ask. I first want to verify the info. Thanks.

Always cool to know someone on Flyertalk can help. It's listed on the AMEX lounge collection page. [T2 Satellite ones only for some reason]. However, its wording on guest policy is vague. It says "certain location will allow guests for a fee". So it's a yes for AMEX Plats flying Business to get access to Satellite Sen lounge, but the guest policy remains unclear.

ToddSpam Oct 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by oliver_dvs (Post 28934766)
Always cool to know someone on Flyertalk can help. It's listed on the AMEX lounge collection page. [T2 Satellite ones only for some reason]. However, its wording on guest policy is vague. It says "certain location will allow guests for a fee". So it's a yes for AMEX Plats flying Business to get access to Satellite Sen lounge, but the guest policy remains unclear.

Today I tried to get into a the SEN lounge in L at MUC with my business class ticket and my Plat AMEX. I was rejected and sent to the business lounge with all the other low lifes.

The woman who checks people in was completely unaware of the rule.

While in the trash lounge, I looked at AMEX's site, and it does indeed list access with the PLAT and business class ticket. It specifically mentions the SEN lounge in L as a place you can get access.

I will call AMEX on Monday and let them know.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 9 - Finally called AMEX. THey said I should NOT have been denied access to this Sen lounge. They said all that was needed was a J ticket, AMEX Plat Card, and ID. They said the lounges do have the ability to deny access if they choose to, but that likely wasnt the case.

The AMEX rep also said that this is temporary access that will end on May 31, 2018.

ToddSpam Jan 19, 2018 3:00 am

January 2018 UPDATE

Originally Posted by ToddSpam (Post 28981745)
Today I tried to get into a the SEN lounge in L at MUC with my business class ticket and my Plat AMEX. I was rejected and sent to the business lounge with all the other low lifes.

The woman who checks people in was completely unaware of the rule.

While in the trash lounge, I looked at AMEX's site, and it does indeed list access with the PLAT and business class ticket. It specifically mentions the SEN lounge in L as a place you can get access.

I will call AMEX on Monday and let them know.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 9 - Finally called AMEX. THey said I should NOT have been denied access to this Sen lounge. They said all that was needed was a J ticket, AMEX Plat Card, and ID. They said the lounges do have the ability to deny access if they choose to, but that likely wasnt the case.

The AMEX rep also said that this is temporary access that will end on May 31, 2018.

So today I went back to the same lounge, and showed them my AMEX card. This time they knew the rule, and I was allowed into the Senator Lounge since I had a business class ticket.

It appears to work as advertised.

San Gottardo Jun 2, 2018 2:55 am

FCL (FCT?) now accessible to AMEX Centurion Card holders

I am a bit surprised and actually disappointed to read that AMEX Centurion Card holders now have access to the First Class Lounges in FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE (and I presume also GVA) when flying on LH/LX/OS, in any class of travel.

They have raised to bar to qualify for HON, and my understanding was that the reason was that there were too many HONs and lounges started to feel crowded. Since that change - what was it, 5 years ago - lounges still feel crowded at certain times, and now they are opening them up to people who can access them without flying LH/LX First or without being very loyal customers?

Access for AMEX card holders was a trial first until May 31st and only for a few lounges, but has apparently now been extended to more locations. https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/a...d-members.html

Not sure I like it

chris63 Jun 2, 2018 4:04 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 29820126)
Not sure I like it

I don’t like it, at times the FCL’s are too busy & this comes on top of the pay as you go access

San Gottardo Jun 2, 2018 5:12 am

There is pay-as-you-go access for FCLs?

chris63 Jun 2, 2018 5:17 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 29820343)

Yes, for SEN but at least they are LH group Frequent flyers & therefore deserve the opportunity

worldclubber Jun 2, 2018 5:29 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 29820353)
Yes, for SEN but at least they are LH group Frequent flyers & therefore deserve the opportunity

Thanks! As loyal customers they probably deserve it much more than owners of whatever credit card. And it‘s probably not used much by SENs, as it is not exactly cheap.

San Gottardo Jun 2, 2018 5:45 am

If at least LH had negotiated reciprocal privileges for us to use American Express lounges. But of course they were thinking about another source of revenue, and not about adding another benefit to the program.

chris63 Jun 2, 2018 5:51 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 29820368)

Thanks! As loyal customers they probably deserve it much more than owners of whatever credit card. And it‘s probably not used much by SENs, as it is not exactly cheap.

SEN definitely deserve the opportunity IMHO, they are seriously undervalued & I get that first hand from my SEN friends ;)

Whilst not cheap if one could plan a long stay at MUC Satellite FCL & have a penchant for Pommery Louise it could make sense ;)

chris63 Jun 2, 2018 5:54 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 29820395)
If at least LH had negotiated reciprocal privileges for us to use American Express lounges. But of course they were thinking about another source of revenue, and not about adding another benefit to the program.

Absolutely, cash first for LH group & loyalty when it suits them :rolleyes:

worldclubber Jun 2, 2018 7:27 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 29820407)
Whilst not cheap if one could plan a long stay at MUC Satellite FCL & have a penchant for Pommery Louise it could make sense ;)

I‘ve done it once with just a few hours to kill and an itch to treat myself. Not even drinking much champagne, was still worth it.

andywaw Jun 2, 2018 9:08 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 29820343)

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 29820353)

I found this offer for paid access to LH FCL but it was marked to expire 29 October, 2017.
Does anyone know if it has been extended?
  • You need to be a Miles & More Senator member
  • You need to be traveling in business or premium economy on an intercontinental flight
  • It’s exclusively valid in the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Frankfurt in the B Concourse, and the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich
  • 249EUR if in business class + 149EUR for an additional guest
  • 299EUR if in premium economy + 199EUR for an additional guest