Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's easy to agree with you, but try being in their place when it's 10 to 1 invited guests versus uninvited guests who complain and threaten to call their bosses, etc., and hold up the queue for the invited guests. It's the same with all airlines. There's a reason we call them dragons.
I don’t think these stats are especially scientific lol...

In any case, and this may be OT because I’m not talking about Amex card holders, but I think any first class lounge attendant (or frankly anyone working in a consumer facing role in any business) should be polite and courteous to any customer walking through the door, it just isn’t rocket science. In this case, they’re representing the Lufthansa brand, and shouldn’t want any customer to feel bad whether they’re entitled to access or not.
chris63 and mmff like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

Originally Posted by worldclubber

The second experience at the main lounge I have witnessed quite a few times.

All of my life recent flying in F, unfortunately, was via FRA, but will check out the improved MUC hallways soon.
Difficult to miss...

chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by vantage03

I don’t think these stats are especially scientific lol...

In any case, and this may be OT because I’m not talking about Amex card holders, but I think any first class lounge attendant (or frankly anyone working in a consumer facing role in any business) should be polite and courteous to any customer walking through the door, it just isn’t rocket science. In this case, they’re representing the Lufthansa brand, and shouldn’t want any customer to feel bad whether they’re entitled to access or not.
No, not scientific, but I've witnessed some awful behavior by people wanting access, upgrades, etc., at these lounges, hotels and even car rental agencies. Too many times I've been stuck waiting behind such people who are trying to get something they are not entitled to. I can't imagine working at the front desk at these places. I am sure I would not last long at the job.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

Difficult to miss...

Very !
But I have shared the lift up to Satellite non schengen with pax who were sure they were entitled & the immigration officer didn’t correct them, so they had to surrender their passports & then have an unpleasant discussion with the lounge agents....
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
No, not scientific, but I've witnessed some awful behavior by people wanting access, upgrades, etc., at these lounges, hotels and even car rental agencies. Too many times I've been stuck waiting behind such people who are trying to get something they are not entitled to. I can't imagine working at the front desk at these places. I am sure I would not last long at the job.
Sadly, all too often we observe bad behaviour but it’s never warranted & the FCL Staff are the frontline of Lufthansa First Class , so they must be at all times polite & courteous or IMO they are in the wrong job
vantage03 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03

, but I think any first class lounge attendant (or frankly anyone working in a consumer facing role in any business) should be polite and courteous to any customer walking through the door, it just isn’t rocket science. In this case, they’re representing the Lufthansa brand, and shouldn’t want any customer to feel bad whether they’re entitled to access or not.
Could not agree more ^
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Very !
But I have shared the lift up to Satellite non schengen with pax who were sure they were entitled & the immigration officer didn’t correct them, so they had to surrender their passports & then have an unpleasant discussion with the lounge agents....
So have I & yes, it is unhelpful that the immigration officer doesn’t notice, but at least IME the discussion about access to the FCL is usually a lot shorter than to the C lounges where everyone with some plastic card thinks they are entitled to enter, it appears. Indeed, it keeps amazing me how many people try even at the FCL. Last week a Polish FTL in Y flying to KRK really thought he had access to the First Class lounge. LDs dealt with this in about 5 seconds, remained friendly all the time as they should, being customer facing after all.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM

Difficult to miss...

That's not really what I meant. One can, of course find it, but to get to the satellite FCL, you have to make a deliberate effort, walk down that hallway, take the elevator or walk up the stairs, ... as opposed to the entrance to the old FCL which thousands of people just pass by every day.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So have I & yes, it is unhelpful that the immigration officer doesn’t notice, but at least IME the discussion about access to the FCL is usually a lot shorter than to the C lounges where everyone with some plastic card thinks they are entitled to enter, it appears. Indeed, it keeps amazing me how many people try even at the FCL. Last week a Polish FTL in Y flying to KRK really thought he had access to the First Class lounge. LDs dealt with this in about 5 seconds, remained friendly all the time as they should, being customer facing after all.
I could write a book on the stories I have ‘ heard ‘ & witnessed on access to LH group FCL’s as I’m sure you could

I do find it bizarre that the immigration officers at Satellite E don’t enquire if your entitled to access.... obviously it doesn’t arise in Main since the lounge Agents direct them
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by chris63
I could write a book on the stories I have ‘ heard ‘ & witnessed on access to LH group FCL’s as I’m sure you could

I do find it bizarre that the immigration officers at Satellite E don’t enquire if your entitled to access.... obviously it doesn’t arise in Main since the lounge Agents direct them
Yes, different first point of contact. The immigration officer probably doesn't consider lounge access rules as part of his job.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, different first point of contact. The immigration officer probably doesn't consider lounge access rules as part of his job.
Jobsworth

That immigration officer ( they normally look bored silly ) could work in co operation with the FCL staff who are a meter away but separated by an automated glass door, to take someone’s passport, hold it & open the doors to the FCL only for an awkward conversation & after a reverse process, sorry but that’s barking mad where I come from
MichielR likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:47 am

While not in the job description, a bit of enquiry about access might save some admin of having to delete entries in the big book of passports and having to retrieve the correct one some 30 seconds later. One would think that this would actually be in the officer’s interest.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:52 am

That's not really what I meant. One can, of course find it, but to get to the satellite FCL, you have to make a deliberate effort, walk down that hallway, take the elevator or walk up the stairs, ... as opposed to the entrance to the old FCL which thousands of people just pass by every day.
Whereas before, it was possible to wander through the corridors and staircases to stumble across the lounge, it now at least requires a much more conscious effort to mistakenly take the elevator up to the lounge, like mistakenly pushing the button and opening the door marked First Class Lounge to the main lounge Barriers don’t come clearer nor friendlier than those...
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:22 pm

Whereas before, it was possible to wander through the corridors and staircases to stumble across the lounge, it now at least requires a much more conscious effort to mistakenly take the elevator up to the lounge, like mistakenly pushing the button and opening the door marked First Class Lounge to the main lounge Barriers don’t come clearer nor friendlier than those...
That‘s exactly what I mean, people don‘t just walk past the door separating the terminal from the FCL counter, they would have to make an effort and ignore signs.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:24 pm

While not in the job description, a bit of enquiry about access might save some admin of having to delete entries in the big book of passports and having to retrieve the correct one some 30 seconds later. One would think that this would actually be in the officer’s interest.
Theoretically yes. But they are usually so bored that the one extra passport doesn’t seem to be the straw that breaks the camel’s back in terms of workload.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.