Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JohnRain

We just missed each other, was at FCT yesterday...
Did your flight have an apron position?
Sorry I should have pinged you in advance. No, the airplane was parked at a gate. A C gate according to the monitors in the lounge. So I took one of those very large elevators up to the jet bridge.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
I was told by amex plat services that we can access the F lounge for a fee as plats. Is that true and if yes what's the fee? I'm a3*g already having access to SEN
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Did anyone (holding the main Cent card) recently try to access the MUC T2 Sat F Lounge accompanied by someone holding an additional (partner) Cent card?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Did anyone (holding the main Cent card) recently try to access the MUC T2 Sat F Lounge accompanied by someone holding an additional (partner) Cent card?
They can’t tell if it’s a partner card or not. My partner uses the partner Centurion to access the lounge regularly, no questions.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
I was told by amex plat services that we can access the F lounge for a fee as plats. Is that true and if yes what's the fee? I'm a3*g already having access to SEN
No offense, but I really hope that this is not true. Can somebody please clarify?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Nick Art

No offense, but I really hope that this is not true. Can somebody please clarify?

No offence taken. I had an email from plat services when I asked about lounge access in Frankfurt and they told me that you can buy access (similar to SENs buying access to the FCL). I did enquire in B gates FCL this morning and they didn't have a clue so don't worry!

Greeting from a fake FCL (A26 business lounge)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:51 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
According to previous communications, the Amex access to the Lufthansa Lounge ins FRA should end 31st of March and in MUC 31st of May. However I came across some posts by travel bloggers that this promotion has been extended until end of October 2019. Anybody has more details about that? Also if it only applies to Platinum or also Centurion. The posts I saw were only mentioning Platinum cards.

Update: Just stumbled accross the blog of Loyaltylobby, where they reference an official statement. So apparently all stays the same until October.

Last edited by CheckInPeach; Mar 19, 2019 at 11:56 am
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
According to previous communications, the Amex access to the Lufthansa Lounge ins FRA should end 31st of March and in MUC 31st of May. However I came across some posts by travel bloggers that this promotion has been extended until end of October 2019. Anybody has more details about that? Also if it only applies to Platinum or also Centurion. The posts I saw were only mentioning Platinum cards.

Update: Just stumbled accross the blog of Loyaltylobby, where they reference an official statement. So apparently all stays the same until October.
Yes, it's being extended to 31 OCT. Bear in mind, however, that this only applies to LH lounges at MUC T2 (satellite area), and Frankfurt T1 (B).

Details here: https://insideflyer.co.uk/2019/03/ac...via-amex-plat/
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Yes, it's being extended to 31 OCT. Bear in mind, however, that this only applies to LH lounges at MUC T2 (satellite area), and Frankfurt T1 (B).
Well, at MUC it would be more of a limitation if only the main terminal lounges would be included.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Well, at MUC it would be more of a limitation if only the main terminal lounges would be included.
Indeed!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:51 am

Officially Amex Centurion members don’t get a limo transfer to the plane, but as has been reported upthread, it is nevertheless granted (regularly) at FRA FCL B. Unfortunately, at MUC T2 Sat, this isn’t the case, as I just found out. My LH Cityliner departed from a main terminal apron position and upon leaving the lounge the attendant only told me “good luck” for my 20 minutes walk ...

Last edited by JohnRain; Mar 30, 2019 at 7:57 am
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Officially Amex Centurion members don’t get a limo transfer to the plane, but as has been reported upthread, it is nevertheless granted (regularly) at FRA FCL B. Unfortunately, at MUC T2 Sat, this isn’t the case, as I just found out. My LH Cityliner departed from a main terminal apron position and upon leaving the lounge the attendant only told me “good luck” for my 20 minutes walk ...
Sorry to hear but IME they are very strict on rules at MUC FCL’s and getting moreso in FRA.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Sorry to hear but IME they are very strict on rules at MUC FCL’s and getting moreso in FRA.
That’s unfortunate indeed but at least there’s no Cuvée Louise rationing yet...
chris63, MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
I for one am happy about this. The car transfer service should be provided to credit card holders only if there is spare capacity (vehicles and drivers) after providing them to F and HON passengers.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

That’s unfortunate indeed but at least there’s no Cuvée Louise rationing yet...
No car is inconvenient but no Louise would be a disaster
JohnRain likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.