Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I accessed the MUC Satellite FCL yesterday for the first time using my Cent with Mrs JohnRain (she has a Cent in her own name) and was very surprised when the lounge dragon asked whether it was a partner card 'because it is a plastic rather than a titanium card.' (Mine was titanium but only by chance as I usually only have the plastic card with me).
The dragon said that if Mrs JohnRain's card was a partner card then she would have no lounge access. Is this correct? (If yes it would be very disappointing as the bloody card is expensive enough to at least grant access to the main cardholder and his partner cardholder).
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I accessed the MUC Satellite FCL yesterday for the first time using my Cent with Mrs JohnRain (she has a Cent in her own name) and was very surprised when the lounge dragon asked whether it was a partner card 'because it is a plastic rather than a titanium card.' (Mine was titanium but only by chance as I usually only have the plastic card with me).
The dragon said that if Mrs JohnRain's card was a partner card then she would have no lounge access. Is this correct? (If yes it would be very disappointing as the bloody card is expensive enough to at least grant access to the main cardholder and his partner cardholder).
The first partner card is titanium isnt it? How would they even know?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by vantage03

The first partner card is titanium isnt it? How would they even know?
Unfortunately not, the first partner card is in plastic (at least in Switzerland). You have to pay an additional 2'000 USD for the partner titanium version....
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The T's and C's are posted above in #65 . Nothing is mentioned about partner cards. But it does say Centurion Member.

Also note that if you lose your Centurion card and need a quick replacement it will come in plastic. So the fact that it is plastic means nothing.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
The T's and C's are posted above in #65 . Nothing is mentioned about partner cards. But it does say Centurion Member.
Thanks stimpy, that's why I brought it up as I hadn't found anything about partner cards there.

Also note that if you lose your Centurion card and need a quick replacement it will come in plastic. So the fact that it is plastic means nothing.
I know and I told the lady that just because someone has a plastic Cent it doesn't mean that he/she isn't the primary cardholder.
I think that what happened to me yesterday is a relevant point to raise here because if you come with your wife to the FCL and she shows her plastic partner card they won't let her in.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Accessed FRA FCL B with Centurion before a flight to LCY in J. I was also given a limo transfer to a remote stand.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by bowzer91
Accessed FRA FCL B with Centurion before a flight to LCY in J. I was also given a limo transfer to a remote stand.
That's quite surprising as the Limo transfer usually never comes with the Centurion FCL access.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
That's quite surprising as the Limo transfer usually never comes with the Centurion FCL access.
I think that depends mostly on operational issues. Obviously if your gate is next to the HON lounge you can walk. But maybe for remote stands they will drive you, especially if they are in a rush to get boarding completed on time. IMHO.

I'll be doing a similar transfer in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:24 am

I think that depends mostly on operational issues. Obviously if your gate is next to the HON lounge you can walk. But maybe for remote stands they will drive you, especially if they are in a rush to get boarding completed on time. IMHO.

I'll be doing a similar transfer in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.
I'm interested in getting more data points regarding the limo transfer situation.
I was at MUC T2 Sat FCL last week (using my Cent) and while I was there my gate changed from K (same building as the lounge) to G (other building).
The monitor in the lounge indicated that it was a 26 min walk but it wasn't a remote stand and I wasn't offered a limo transfer.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
I'm interested in getting more data points regarding the limo transfer situation.
I was at MUC T2 Sat FCL last week (using my Cent) and while I was there my gate changed from K (same building as the lounge) to G (other building).
The monitor in the lounge indicated that it was a 26 min walk but it wasn't a remote stand and I wasn't offered a limo transfer.
They wont even drive HONs in F from Main terminal to Satellite at MUC, for lounge or terminal changes.
JohnRain, bowzer91 and mmff like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:29 am

As a datapoint, I had no issues accessing the FCL in FRA (Concourse B) with a Centurion card. The staff always seemed well aware that access is allowed. Also, since other posters asked some time ago, I have never been asked for a boarding pass when connecting from concourse A to B. So I would assume its entirely possible to use the lounge even with flights departing from other concourses (I wouldnt do it unless I was REALLY early or had a very long layover).

Needless to say that this is a great perk, in my case particularly enjoyable on short-haul LHR and DUB flights that seem to consistently depart from B (as well as a couple of trips to other non schengen destinations in the region). I would go as far as saying that for me is becoming a deciding factor in buying my FRA-LHR sectors on LH rather than BA.

I hadnt flown LH F in a bit of time as nowadays I prefer more private seats (so if flying with the group I would pick LX), so I had forgotten how GREAT those lounges are. Ah, that selection of whiskies, rums, and cigar lounge.......

JohnRain likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by flying_pig
As a datapoint, I had no issues accessing the FCL in FRA (Concourse B) with a Centurion card. The staff always seemed well aware that access is allowed. Also, since other posters asked some time ago, I have never been asked for a boarding pass when connecting from concourse A to B. So I would assume its entirely possible to use the lounge even with flights departing from other concourses (I wouldnt do it unless I was REALLY early or had a very long layover).

Needless to say that this is a great perk, in my case particularly enjoyable on short-haul LHR and DUB flights that seem to consistently depart from B (as well as a couple of trips to other non schengen destinations in the region). I would go as far as saying that for me is becoming a deciding factor in buying my FRA-LHR sectors on LH rather than BA.

I hadnt flown LH F in a bit of time as nowadays I prefer more private seats (so if flying with the group I would pick LX), so I had forgotten how GREAT those lounges are. Ah, that selection of whiskies, rums, and cigar lounge.......

Totally agree with everything you say, it's just a tad disappointing that the cigars have been enhanced away...
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally agree with everything you say, it's just a tad disappointing that the cigars have been enhanced away...
But something has to give when their handing out access to credit card holders. I know they were enhanced before this, but it doesn't seem likely to come back. Also, knowing LH if they get a sniff that HON's are lapsing because of the Cent access I wouldn't rely on it being around.

Have any of you found out how much Amex are paying LH, if anything? I suppose for SEN access, LH would break even at single digit EUR.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:29 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by hugolover
But something has to give when their handing out access to credit card holders. I know they were enhanced before this, but it doesn't seem likely to come back. Also, knowing LH if they get a sniff that HON's are lapsing because of the Cent access I wouldn't rely on it being around.

Have any of you found out how much Amex are paying LH, if anything? I suppose for SEN access, LH would break even at single digit EUR.
While technically not against this rule, I do still have some reservations and I am rather surprised they do give LH F Lounge access to Credit Card Holders (Yes I know the AMEX Centurion is not your ordinary credit card) and not other *A F Class pax.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by flying_pig

Do the LH F Lounges still have free cigars? Haven't seen them for ages Never did the cigrs but used the cigar rooms to smoke in and more recently to vape in LX F Lounge A Gates has a smoking room After opening it was a simple smoking room - now its a Davidoff Cigar Lounge with gratis Davidoff cigars on request (they are locked up like they were inb the LH F lounges) Perfect to vape in!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.