Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
... which you have with the AMEX Platinum as well, at least in certain countries.
Yes, you do - I have Platinum... But there are significant differences in what is and what is not covered...
vantage03 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63

Since I was in FRA & MUC, I asked for an update from FCL Staff.

FRA, SEN can pay to enter only B lounge.

MUC, SEN can pay to use either lounge, Main & Satellite.

Longhaul Business ticket required. No planned expiry date for this option.
Thank you very much for the first-hand update.

Just one addition: Also works with a PE long-haul ticket, it is just more expensive.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Yes, you do - I have Platinum... But there are significant differences in what is and what is not covered...
Indeed - depending on the country. In some countries, the coverage is the same, in others it is larger for Centurion (I can only tell for France and Switzerland, I am not familiar with other countries).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Insurance coverage is significantly better for Centurion over Platinum on both the AU and UK cards. Hotel upgrades are also often confirmed at time of booking rather than with Platinun ‘at check in subject to availavbility’...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Amex Centurion members get LH First Class lounge access at FRA and MUC

This is a bit stunning. In my monthly US Centurion email this gem was included...

Centurion Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class Lounge, Senator Lounges and Business Lounges in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport from 6/1/18-5/31/19 and in T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport from 6/1/18-3/31/19. To access the Lufthansa lounges, Centurion Member must present a government issued I.D., a same-day boarding pass showing confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) and a valid Centurion Card. Card Members must adhere to all rules of participating lounges. Participating lounges and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating lounges. In some Lounges the Centurion Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.

I am certainly going to give this a try. It will be good for LH as I will buy more flights that transit MUC and FRA. I look forward to using the FCT on an economy ticket!

Also Amex Platinum members can use the business or Senator lounges.
Statman likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Can Amex Platinum members use any FRA SEN lounge? They are so full already (especially the A and Z)...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: LH HON
To the OP, you can NOT use the FCT. Only FCL B in FRA and FCL in the satellite in MUC.

both lounges are usually not crowded so effect on existing customers should be non existent
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
a same-day boarding pass showing confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines)
No SN?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
SN doesn’t fly to FRA, nor MUC. Hence it’s irrelevant.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
Guest fees

entered FCL in B today wirh a friend in tow...guest fee $120!! Wow...went to Sen with UA G* instead...if they use it for marketing this id for sure not the right approach
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by vielflieger
entered FCL in B today wirh a friend in tow...guest fee $120!! Wow...went to Sen with UA G* instead...if they use it for marketing this id for sure not the right approach
where is the issue? It is clearly stated that guests are not allowed. 120$ for a guest is even a good deal.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Here is some info about the so called "Centurion Card", lots of people think that this is just another AMEX card just like the Platinum. There is also a Personal and Business Centurion Card.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/amex-...on-black-card/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card
https://www.creditcardinsider.com/bl...on-black-card/

I don't think a lot of people understand the gravity of this card, you need to spend a lot of money and pay them on time. People who has these cards usually are the people who fly J/F class or at least a FF. Needless to say people who have this card have money plain and simple. If you are an executive of a company then you'd be earning a lot as well and spending a lot.

If LH wants to attract these heavy spending people to fly LH, I doubt they care what other people say . It's a Business Strategy, the reason why they are doing this in a trial phase is to check how many AMEX Plat/Cent users are using the Lounge and maybe Cross Reference their names in the system if the people booked more flights in LH. If that's the case then it would make business sense for them and its a win! More $/ €!!!

How many people or FF spend about $250k-$450k per year often?

I'm sure a lot FF would not be able to "justify" spending these fees on a Credit Card alone! If you complain about the fee then this card is surely not for you, cause for the people who have money these are chunk change.
  • Initiation Fee: $5,000–$7,500
  • Annual Fee: $2,500 USD
Here are some of the yearly fee per year for different countries.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

TL: DR -> status symbol designed to spend even more money.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Here is some info about the so called "Centurion Card", lots of people think that this is just another AMEX card just like the Platinum. There is also a Personal and Business Centurion Card.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/amex-...on-black-card/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card
https://www.creditcardinsider.com/bl...on-black-card/

I don't think a lot of people understand the gravity of this card, you need to spend a lot of money and pay them on time. People who has these cards usually are the people who fly J/F class or at least a FF. Needless to say people who have this card have money plain and simple. If you are an executive of a company then you'd be earning a lot as well and spending a lot.
As someone who has had the Centurion card for nearly 20 years now, I can tell you that this assessment is complete nonsense. You can read actual facts about the card over in the Amex forum from the Flyertalkers who actually have this card rather than people who don't have it and just talk about it.
sapman986 and Edvard like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Hi
Does anyone how much the guest fee is to access the SEN lounges?

Will be travelling in business with a friend in August Via MUC

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.