Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
FCL (FCT?) now accessible to AMEX Centurion Card holders

I am a bit surprised and actually disappointed to read that AMEX Centurion Card holders now have access to the First Class Lounges in FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE (and I presume also GVA) when flying on LH/LX/OS, in any class of travel.

They have raised to bar to qualify for HON, and my understanding was that the reason was that there were too many HONs and lounges started to feel crowded. Since that change - what was it, 5 years ago - lounges still feel crowded at certain times, and now they are opening them up to people who can access them without flying LH/LX First or without being very loyal customers?

Access for AMEX card holders was a trial first until May 31st and only for a few lounges, but has apparently now been extended to more locations. https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/a...d-members.html

Not sure I like it
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not sure I like it
I don’t like it, at times the FCL’s are too busy & this comes on top of the pay as you go access
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:12 am

There is pay-as-you-go access for FCLs?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, for SEN but at least they are LH group Frequent flyers & therefore deserve the opportunity
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, for SEN but at least they are LH group Frequent flyers & therefore deserve the opportunity
Thanks! As loyal customers they probably deserve it much more than owners of whatever credit card. And it‘s probably not used much by SENs, as it is not exactly cheap.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:45 am

If at least LH had negotiated reciprocal privileges for us to use American Express lounges. But of course they were thinking about another source of revenue, and not about adding another benefit to the program.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Thanks! As loyal customers they probably deserve it much more than owners of whatever credit card. And it‘s probably not used much by SENs, as it is not exactly cheap.
SEN definitely deserve the opportunity IMHO, they are seriously undervalued & I get that first hand from my SEN friends

Whilst not cheap if one could plan a long stay at MUC Satellite FCL & have a penchant for Pommery Louise it could make sense
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If at least LH had negotiated reciprocal privileges for us to use American Express lounges. But of course they were thinking about another source of revenue, and not about adding another benefit to the program.
Absolutely, cash first for LH group & loyalty when it suits them
San Gottardo likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:27 am

Whilst not cheap if one could plan a long stay at MUC Satellite FCL & have a penchant for Pommery Louise it could make sense
I‘ve done it once with just a few hours to kill and an itch to treat myself. Not even drinking much champagne, was still worth it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: LH SEN *
I found this offer for paid access to LH FCL but it was marked to expire 29 October, 2017.
Does anyone know if it has been extended?
  • You need to be a Miles & More Senator member
  • You need to be traveling in business or premium economy on an intercontinental flight
  • It’s exclusively valid in the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Frankfurt in the B Concourse, and the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich
  • 249EUR if in business class + 149EUR for an additional guest
  • 299EUR if in premium economy + 199EUR for an additional guest

Last edited by andywaw; Jun 2, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
The cost of FTL (if you do the one year pay option rather than qualifying) and Plat, are broadly similar, and I think the same is also true of SEN (again if you pay to retain the status for the next year rather than qualifying through miles) and centurion?

Not that it really means anything, just was an observation that I found slightly interesting.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
I found this offer for paid access to LH FCL but it was marked to expire 29 October, 2017.
  • You need to be traveling in business or premium economy on an intercontinental flight
  • It’s exclusively valid in the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Frankfurt in the B Concourse, and the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich
My impression is that still stands & SEN can pay for access
andywaw likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by andywaw
That's ridiculous, when Centurions flying in economy can just get in for free. What a slap in the face to SENs
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:21 am

My impression is that still stands & SEN can pay for access
Yes, the offer is still valid. Apparently the time period is limited somehow, but there is no information until when. Probably until they figure out whether it is worth selling lounge access or not.
andywaw likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by keitherson
That's ridiculous, when Centurions flying in economy can just get in for free. What a slap in the face to SENs
Yes, I agree. SENs are already loyal LH customers so LH doesn't care that much.
And I guess Lufthansa wants to show AMEX Centurion card holders First Class Lounges and this way make them buy LH First Class tickets?

To be precise, AMEX Centurion members may access Lufthansa First Class, Senator, and Business Lounges, regardless of ticket class but their access is limited only to
  • Frankfurt: Lufthansa Lounges in Terminal 1 Concourse B
  • Munich: Lufthansa Lounges in Terminal 2 Satellite.
Hence, I understand they don't have access to any Frankfurt Councourse A lounges, or FCT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.