Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mmff
I for one am happy about this. The car transfer service should be provided to credit card holders only if there is spare capacity (vehicles and drivers) after providing them to F and HON passengers.
That’s fine if there was a stretch on resources but that is unlikely to be the case here.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
That’s fine if there was a stretch on resources but that is unlikely to be the case here.
Actually, in MUC that seems to be case. When they introduced car pickup for F pax arriving on A380 last year, the driver told me they were struggling.

So if Amex only pays LH for lounge but no car, Amex customers get what Amex pays for.

vantage03 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Actually, in MUC that seems to be case. When they introduced car pickup for F pax arriving on A380 last year, the driver told me they were struggling.

So if Amex only pays LH for lounge but no car, Amex customers get what Amex pays for.

Yes but that no longer applies, since they stopped the F arrival service & the drivers don’t have enough work most of the time with relatively few outside positions, presumably Amex is paying the same at FRA
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by mmff
I for one am happy about this. The car transfer service should be provided to credit card holders only if there is spare capacity (vehicles and drivers) after providing them to F and HON passengers.
I was the only guest in the lounge so I guess they could have driven me if they wanted to. Made a dent in the Louise stock to compensate for it though.
chris63 and bowzer91 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I was the only guest in the lounge so I guess they could have driven me if they wanted to. Made a dent in the Louise stock to compensate for it though.
The Louise part is true FT spirit.

Hope there is some left next week ...
chris63 and JohnRain like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:35 am

Yes but that no longer applies, since they stopped the F arrival service & the drivers don’t have enough work most of the time with relatively few outside positions, presumably Amex is paying the same at FRA
Do Amex customers get the car at FRA?

The rules seem to be clear, so I would not expect them to drive me and see it as goodwill, when they do, but would not complain, when they do not.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:40 am

The Louise part is true FT spirit.

Hope there is some left next week ...
As long as you are not there next Friday between 5 and 6PM you should be fine...
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do Amex customers get the car at FRA?
As reported in this very thread
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
As long as you are not there next Friday between 5 and 6PM you should be fine...
Just looked at my calender, it is actually the week after your visit and then again at Easter. So hope the get another shipment of Louise after you were there.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:24 am

As reported in this very thread
Well, but not by the rules either. More good-will than an actual feature of the Amex-deal.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:47 am

Just looked at my calender, it is actually the week after your visit and then again at Easter. So hope the get another shipment of Louise after you were there.
You should be fine then!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, but not by the rules either. More good-will than an actual feature of the Amex-deal.
Indeed, the Dragons seem less Dragonesque in FRA than MUC
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Indeed, the Dragons seem less Dragonesque in FRA than MUC
Totally agree. I think the boss dragons usually work the old MUC FCL entry lol
chris63 and JohnRain like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
Totally agree. I think the boss dragons usually work the old MUC FCL entry lol
Seems to me that they have to „fight off“ a lot more people who just open the door from the terminal and ask whether they have access. So their expectation is different from the staff at the satellite, where I have never seen anybody fight his or her way through obscure hallways to the FCL counter who did not have access. Probably shapes the expectations of the LDs at the old lounge when somebody enters ...
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to me that they have to „fight off“ a lot more people who just open the door from the terminal and ask whether they have access. So their expectation is different from the staff at the satellite, where I have never seen anybody fight his or her way through obscure hallways to the FCL counter who did not have access. Probably shapes the expectations of the LDs at the old lounge when somebody enters ...
Not IME since the Satellite FCL entrance is actually closer to the SEN lounge entrance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.