Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Reply

Old Aug 14, 18, 1:02 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,820
I accessed the MUC Satellite FCL yesterday for the first time using my Cent with Mrs JohnRain (she has a Cent in her own name) and was very surprised when the lounge dragon asked whether it was a partner card 'because it is a plastic rather than a titanium card.' (Mine was titanium but only by chance as I usually only have the plastic card with me).
The dragon said that if Mrs JohnRain's card was a partner card then she would have no lounge access. Is this correct? (If yes it would be very disappointing as the bloody card is expensive enough to at least grant access to the main cardholder and his partner cardholder).
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:18 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by JohnRain View Post
I accessed the MUC Satellite FCL yesterday for the first time using my Cent with Mrs JohnRain (she has a Cent in her own name) and was very surprised when the lounge dragon asked whether it was a partner card 'because it is a plastic rather than a titanium card.' (Mine was titanium but only by chance as I usually only have the plastic card with me).
The dragon said that if Mrs JohnRain's card was a partner card then she would have no lounge access. Is this correct? (If yes it would be very disappointing as the bloody card is expensive enough to at least grant access to the main cardholder and his partner cardholder).
The first partner card is titanium isnít it? How would they even know?
vantage03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 3:22 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post


The first partner card is titanium isnít it? How would they even know?
Unfortunately not, the first partner card is in plastic (at least in Switzerland). You have to pay an additional 2'000 USD for the partner titanium version....
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 3:28 am
  #79  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,174
The T's and C's are posted above in #65 . Nothing is mentioned about partner cards. But it does say Centurion Member.

Also note that if you lose your Centurion card and need a quick replacement it will come in plastic. So the fact that it is plastic means nothing.
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 3:35 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
The T's and C's are posted above in #65 . Nothing is mentioned about partner cards. But it does say Centurion Member.
Thanks stimpy, that's why I brought it up as I hadn't found anything about partner cards there.

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Also note that if you lose your Centurion card and need a quick replacement it will come in plastic. So the fact that it is plastic means nothing.
I know and I told the lady that just because someone has a plastic Cent it doesn't mean that he/she isn't the primary cardholder.
I think that what happened to me yesterday is a relevant point to raise here because if you come with your wife to the FCL and she shows her plastic partner card they won't let her in.
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 8:22 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: LON, BOM
Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN
Posts: 110
Accessed FRA FCL B with Centurion before a flight to LCY in J. I was also given a limo transfer to a remote stand.
bowzer91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 8:25 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by bowzer91 View Post
Accessed FRA FCL B with Centurion before a flight to LCY in J. I was also given a limo transfer to a remote stand.
That's quite surprising as the Limo transfer usually never comes with the Centurion FCL access.
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 9:10 am
  #83  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,174
Originally Posted by JohnRain View Post
That's quite surprising as the Limo transfer usually never comes with the Centurion FCL access.
I think that depends mostly on operational issues. Obviously if your gate is next to the HON lounge you can walk. But maybe for remote stands they will drive you, especially if they are in a rush to get boarding completed on time. IMHO.

I'll be doing a similar transfer in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 9:24 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I think that depends mostly on operational issues. Obviously if your gate is next to the HON lounge you can walk. But maybe for remote stands they will drive you, especially if they are in a rush to get boarding completed on time. IMHO.

I'll be doing a similar transfer in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.
I'm interested in getting more data points regarding the limo transfer situation.
I was at MUC T2 Sat FCL last week (using my Cent) and while I was there my gate changed from K (same building as the lounge) to G (other building).
The monitor in the lounge indicated that it was a 26 min walk but it wasn't a remote stand and I wasn't offered a limo transfer.
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 10:15 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 2,834
Originally Posted by JohnRain View Post
I'm interested in getting more data points regarding the limo transfer situation.
I was at MUC T2 Sat FCL last week (using my Cent) and while I was there my gate changed from K (same building as the lounge) to G (other building).
The monitor in the lounge indicated that it was a 26 min walk but it wasn't a remote stand and I wasn't offered a limo transfer.
They wonít even drive HONís in F from Main terminal to Satellite at MUC, for lounge or terminal changes.
JohnRain, bowzer91 and mmff like this.
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 18, 9:29 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), EK Plat, TG*G
Posts: 596
As a datapoint, I had no issues accessing the FCL in FRA (Concourse B) with a Centurion card. The staff always seemed well aware that access is allowed. Also, since other posters asked some time ago, I have never been asked for a boarding pass when connecting from concourse A to B. So I would assume itís entirely possible to use the lounge even with flights departing from other concourses (I wouldnít do it unless I was REALLY early or had a very long layover).

Needless to say that this is a great perk, in my case particularly enjoyable on short-haul LHR and DUB flights that seem to consistently depart from B (as well as a couple of trips to other non schengen destinations in the region). I would go as far as saying that for me is becoming a deciding factor in buying my FRA-LHR sectors on LH rather than BA.

I hadnít flown LH F in a bit of time as nowadays I prefer more private seats (so if flying with the group I would pick LX), so I had forgotten how GREAT those lounges are. Ah, that selection of whiskies, rums, and cigar lounge.......

JohnRain likes this.
flying_pig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 18, 9:37 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
As a datapoint, I had no issues accessing the FCL in FRA (Concourse B) with a Centurion card. The staff always seemed well aware that access is allowed. Also, since other posters asked some time ago, I have never been asked for a boarding pass when connecting from concourse A to B. So I would assume itís entirely possible to use the lounge even with flights departing from other concourses (I wouldnít do it unless I was REALLY early or had a very long layover).

Needless to say that this is a great perk, in my case particularly enjoyable on short-haul LHR and DUB flights that seem to consistently depart from B (as well as a couple of trips to other non schengen destinations in the region). I would go as far as saying that for me is becoming a deciding factor in buying my FRA-LHR sectors on LH rather than BA.

I hadnít flown LH F in a bit of time as nowadays I prefer more private seats (so if flying with the group I would pick LX), so I had forgotten how GREAT those lounges are. Ah, that selection of whiskies, rums, and cigar lounge.......

Totally agree with everything you say, it's just a tad disappointing that the cigars have been enhanced away...
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 18, 10:22 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,590
Originally Posted by JohnRain View Post
Totally agree with everything you say, it's just a tad disappointing that the cigars have been enhanced away...
But something has to give when their handing out access to credit card holders. I know they were enhanced before this, but it doesn't seem likely to come back. Also, knowing LH if they get a sniff that HON's are lapsing because of the Cent access I wouldn't rely on it being around.

Have any of you found out how much Amex are paying LH, if anything? I suppose for SEN access, LH would break even at single digit EUR.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 18, 10:29 am
  #89  
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,176
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
But something has to give when their handing out access to credit card holders. I know they were enhanced before this, but it doesn't seem likely to come back. Also, knowing LH if they get a sniff that HON's are lapsing because of the Cent access I wouldn't rely on it being around.

Have any of you found out how much Amex are paying LH, if anything? I suppose for SEN access, LH would break even at single digit EUR.
While technically not against this rule, I do still have some reservations and I am rather surprised they do give LH F Lounge access to Credit Card Holders (Yes I know the AMEX Centurion is not your ordinary credit card) and not other *A F Class pax.
Nick Art is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 18, 2:30 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Posts: 928
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
As a datapoint, I had no issues accessing the FCL in FRA (Concourse B) with a Centurion card. The staff always seemed well aware that access is allowed. Also, since other posters asked some time ago, I have never been asked for a boarding pass when connecting from concourse A to B. So I would assume itís entirely possible to use the lounge even with flights departing from other concourses (I wouldnít do it unless I was REALLY early or had a very long layover).

Needless to say that this is a great perk, in my case particularly enjoyable on short-haul LHR and DUB flights that seem to consistently depart from B (as well as a couple of trips to other non schengen destinations in the region). I would go as far as saying that for me is becoming a deciding factor in buying my FRA-LHR sectors on LH rather than BA.

I hadnít flown LH F in a bit of time as nowadays I prefer more private seats (so if flying with the group I would pick LX), so I had forgotten how GREAT those lounges are. Ah, that selection of whiskies, rums, and cigar lounge.......

Do the LH F Lounges still have free cigars? Haven't seen them for ages Never did the cigrs but used the cigar rooms to smoke in and more recently to vape in LX F Lounge A Gates has a smoking room After opening it was a simple smoking room - now its a Davidoff Cigar Lounge with gratis Davidoff cigars on request (they are locked up like they were inb the LH F lounges) Perfect to vape in!
cbourl is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread