Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:33 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Plus, be aware that this benefit is limited to certain lounges in FRA/MUC. For example, only the lounges in MUC's T2 Satellite building are eligible. The Satellite terminal and therefor the lounges in this building are closed for the time being.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
And also works with the Centurion issued in NL and CH
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
Reporting a DP: Plat given access to the SEN lounge B FRA during COVID
bil likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Looks extended to Sept 30 2020 based on the German site. Not a great sign it's only a few months at a time.
https://www.americanexpress.com/de/v...a-lounges.html
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:08 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Looks extended to Sept 30 2020 based on the German site. Not a great sign it's only a few months at a time.
https://www.americanexpress.com/de/v...a-lounges.html
Each time in the past this benefit has been extended for a couple of months only. Interestingly enough the German website mentions the LH lounges in MUC's T2S building - which has been closed since the outbreak of Covid-19.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I suspect the is just a rolling extension. No harm in doing so. I suspect it will roll over again to 31 Dec, then March, etc
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
So no need to bother with status acquisition/extension any more, folks... Just get a credit card...!!

Hope this won’t once again lead to over-full lounges...
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
So no need to bother with status acquisition/extension any more, folks... Just get a credit card...!!

Hope this won’t once again lead to over-full lounges...
Well, lounge access (SEN) is just a small part of the status benefits package. And if you want FCL access, getting a Centurion Card might be more effort than HON.

Last edited by LondonElite; Jul 26, 2020 at 2:26 am
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Well, lounge access (SEN) is not a small part of the status benefits package. And if you want FCL access, getting a Centurion Card might be more effort than HON.
I would bet a large proportion of HON members either have a Centurion card, or would be eligible for one.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vantage03
I would bet a large proportion of HON members either have a Centurion card, or would be eligible for one.
I doubt that, but we’ll likely never know.
gru_muc and bil like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The black card has a super hype but is easy for corporates to get. I really can't find a way how to justify the 5000$ annual fee though.... the fabled concierge is also available with the platinum product, and the minor perks of earning more points or having status with hotels and car rental companies can be had, if at all relevant, with other avenues.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The black card has a super hype but is easy for corporates to get. I really can't find a way how to justify the 5000$ annual fee though.... the fabled concierge is also available with the platinum product, and the minor perks of earning more points or having status with hotels and car rental companies can be had, if at all relevant, with other avenues.
That is not quite true. For instance how would you get Hertz Platinum status?

And as I always say, the number one benefit of the Centurion card is that when I call American Express with a problem, they always reply "yes sir, I will take care of it immediately".
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by stimpy
Just contact Hertz, it is available for a fee (which reduces the higher status you have with them). I received an offer as PC for 800$. Absolutely not worth it though.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don’t think it’s worth $5000 to access Helga’s FCL? Isn’t that heresy?

Regarding Hertz Platinum, it’s pretty worthless in franchise stations. I thought in Europe that Platinum was NOT bundled with Centurion, but is only in the US?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy

And as I always say, the number one benefit of the Centurion card is that when I call American Express with a problem, they always reply "yes sir, I will take care of it immediately".
“They” don’t know what they’re talking about.

At the lower levels of Cent, concierge is the same as Amex platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.