Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03

Totally agree. I think the boss dragons usually work the old MUC FCL entry lol
Whilst it may well seem that way, they have to share their shifts across both lounges
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Seems to me that they have to „fight off“ a lot more people who just open the door from the terminal and ask whether they have access. So their expectation is different from the staff at the satellite, where I have never seen anybody fight his or her way through obscure hallways to the FCL counter who did not have access. Probably shapes the expectations of the LDs at the old lounge when somebody enters ...
I don’t thunk “guilty until proven innocent” is the right customer service mentality to use when you could be greeting your highest yielding customers
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: LH HON
MUC drivers are in the contractors uniform as of a few weeks ago whereas FRA drivers where LH uniform pointing to different solutions which means there might be actual additional cost involved for LH in MUC...

then again, MUC sends one Limo per PAX...

and FRA LDs always ask for HON cards whereas MUC trusts what’s on the BP.

so: no clear rules for anything anyway
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t thunk “guilty until proven innocent” is the right customer service mentality to use when you could be greeting your highest yielding customers
Very true, they need further training in disappointment management
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
MUC drivers are in the contractors uniform as of a few weeks ago whereas FRA drivers where LH uniform pointing to different solutions which means there might be actual additional cost involved for LH in MUC...

then again, MUC sends one Limo per PAX...

and FRA LDs always ask for HON cards whereas MUC trusts what’s on the BP.

so: no clear rules for anything anyway
Yes, there are significant differences in the FCL offerings between FRA & MUC
For me as HON it’s nice & I receive excellent service in both
Might be a little confusing for others

The rules are there to keep us guessing here
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I didn't say they are right, but I noticed many more people asking at the counter of the old FCL if they would have access than in the satellite FCL.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

It's easy to agree with you, but try being in their place when it's 10 to 1 invited guests versus uninvited guests who complain and threaten to call their bosses, etc., and hold up the queue for the invited guests. It's the same with all airlines. There's a reason we call them dragons.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub

As the limousine service is not part of the contract between Amex and LH, Amex customers should keep quiet and enjoy, if they get the service and should not complain, if they don't get it. Nothing to do with High Value customers for LH. These are the HONs, not necessarily Amex.
mmff likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So its LH staffers who police access to the FCL's vs the outsourced staff at SEN and FTL? But only MUC/FRA right? My memory is DUS and the regional airports just have LH staff with the DCS.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:23 pm

Quite the active thread! Just to clarify my previous post, by spare capacity I meant that if they send a van with 3 F/HON passengers to a particular apron position, it's a nice touch to invite the credit card holder in the lounge to join them if he's taking the same flight. Otherwise, it makes no sense to provide a service which is specifically excluded from the agreement between LH and the credit card provider. This said, I don't think they use vans as often at MUC as they do at FRA...

As always, just my 2 cents.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by mmff
Quite the active thread! Just to clarify my previous post, by spare capacity I meant that if they send a van with 3 F/HON passengers to a particular apron position, it's a nice touch to invite the credit card holder in the lounge to join them if he's taking the same flight. Otherwise, it makes no sense to provide a service which is specifically excluded from the agreement between LH and the credit card provider. This said, I don't think they use vans as often at MUC as they do at FRA...

As always, just my 2 cents.
that is one of the differences; MUC usually doesn’t let HONs share a car but everybody gets their own. FRA will fill them up.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller

that is one of the differences; MUC usually doesn’t let HONs share a car but everybody gets their own. FRA will fill them up.
Yes and it’s quite a significant difference, I have never once had to share a car at MUC. Indeed quite often there are multiple cars waiting, not very environmentally friendly
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
So its LH staffers who police access to the FCL's vs the outsourced staff at SEN and FTL? But only MUC/FRA right? My memory is DUS and the regional airports just have LH staff with the DCS.
At FRA & MUC FCL’s they do appear to be LH Staff & are able to deal with issues very rapidly, implying some seniority.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Seems to me that they have to „fight off“ a lot more people who just open the door from the terminal and ask whether they have access. So their expectation is different from the staff at the satellite, where I have never seen anybody fight his or her way through obscure hallways to the FCL counter who did not have access. Probably shapes the expectations of the LDs at the old lounge when somebody enters ...
These previously obscure hallways now have lovely wooden paneling with very very large LH First Class letters throughout the corridor and by the elevator. Difficult to miss, but then, the First Class designation doesn’t stop the occasional *G or C pax from entering and wondering why access is not granted, in my experience.

In the MUC main lounge, the doorbell may act as a little inhibitor to entry, but there also I have seen passengers really confused about not being allowed into a First Class lounge on a Business Class ticket.

chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR

These previously obscure hallways now have lovely wooden paneling with very very large LH First Class letters throughout the corridor and by the elevator. Difficult to miss, but then, the First Class designation doesn’t stop the occasional *G or C pax from entering and wondering why access is not granted, in my experience.

In the MUC main lounge, the doorbell may act as a little inhibitor to entry, but there also I have seen passengers really confused about not being allowed into a First Class lounge on a Business Class ticket.
The second experience at the main lounge I have witnessed quite a few times.

Haven't been to the MUC satellite FCL for several months. All of my recent flying in F, unfortunately, was via FRA, but will check out the improved MUC hallways soon.

Last edited by worldclubber; Apr 1, 2019 at 10:21 am Reason: don't know how that extra word got in there ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.