Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish Airlines - Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
LOT.COM - Unable to change seat!

Hello,

I have make a booking on LOT.COM (my first one) in business class and reserved my seat. However, I seem to be unable to view the seat plan or change my seat. On My Booking there is a button called Check Seat Map but when I click on it it just shows me which seats I have reserved but does not show me a seat map or give me an option to change the seat.

Is this normal or is it a bug?
Cheers
Steve
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:33 am

It is a bug and has been reported on a number of occasions -

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...selection.html

If you wish to amend your seat selection, you will have to get in touch with LOT through Facebook.

[I'm not entirely sure what they are waiting to fix it as it's been an issue for quite some time now]

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Nov 9, 2017 at 7:56 am
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Thanks for your quick reply AlicorporateUK.

Cheers
Steve
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Thanks for your quick reply AlicorporateUK.

Cheers
Steve
Not a problem S ^

G
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
[I'm not entirely sure what they are waiting to fix it as it's been an issue for quite some time now]
The seat selection while managing a reservation is a fairly new development (that took over two years to implement I think) so I wouldn't get my hopes up...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I do wonder about LOT. It's not like Poland doesn't have a shedload of high-quality programmers who could fix such issues in their lunch break (while solving a Rubik cube).

Yet even the most trivial thing seems to take them aeons to fix... or else what used to work stops working. I mean who would ever want to do seat selection on a website when you can fire off a message to some bot on Facebook?
TPJ and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
It's not like Poland doesn't have a shedload of high-quality programmers who could fix such issues in their lunch break (while solving a Rubik cube).
Programmers are not the problem. Management is.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
Programmers are not the problem. Management is.
That was kind of my point.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:25 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lack
The seat selection while managing a reservation is a fairly new development (that took over two years to implement I think) so I wouldn't get my hopes up...
Lack - but they removed the entire Manage Your Booking section from lot.com - they had it before.

I have a 'LOT dla Firm' (Corporate Reward program) booking (in J-class which is Premium Economy) and I only managed to add my TK*G FF via luftansa.pl - so at least we have lounge access
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:41 am

They did have it on the previous website, and now, after more then two years they have it on the new website.
Not that it's sophisticated enough to work with a single itinerary I have in my calendar that includes an LO segment, but it's a step forward after taking five steps back.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:34 pm

Just wanted to chime in that contacting LOT by Facebook is still available, for selecting seats. Took less than 5 minutes for me, earlier today.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:28 am

[Slightly OT] The joys of LOT's IT (argh)...

Warsaw-Zagreb-Sarajevo, checked-in on-line, all smooth, even though I was unable, like always (I fly this particular segment on a regular basis), to proceed with seat selection for the the OU's operated flight. That said, Mrs decides to join last-minute-dot-com so I go back to on-line check-in, change my check-in (the option which lets you amend seats and so on), add her reservation (successfully) with the system which wouldn't let us sit together, though. So I exit the check-in process, try to check the Mrs in and notice that the seat next to me is blocked (somebody will have picked it in the meantime? Not!)... What next? I go back to on-line check-in yet again and notice that the seat next to her is now blocked... Long-story-short (question): we're both *G, could it be that LOT is blocking seats? [/Slightly OT]

G
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
[Slightly OT] The joys of LOT's IT (argh)...

Warsaw-Zagreb-Sarajevo, checked-in on-line, all smooth, even though I was unable, like always (I fly this particular segment on a regular basis), to proceed with seat selection for the the OU's operated flight. That said, Mrs decides to join last-minute-dot-com so I go back to on-line check-in, change my check-in (the option which lets you amend seats and so on), add her reservation (successfully) with the system which wouldn't let us sit together, though. So I exit the check-in process, try to check the Mrs in and notice that the seat next to me is blocked (somebody will have picked it in the meantime? Not!)... What next? I go back to on-line check-in yet again and notice that the seat next to her is now blocked... Long-story-short (question): we're both *G, could it be that LOT is blocking seats? [/Slightly OT]

G
Yes, that's right. You can't override it online even though you think the functionality is there, it won't actually do anything. Other issues like W&B, your wife's fare etc. You can call but they are not so good with their checkin on the phone but as I know you remind us you speak Polish perhaps you will have more joy than I have had. It can easily be fixed in the airport.

Perfectly normal that LO system won't do checkin for OAL, it works only on LO operated services.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Yes, that's right. You can't override it online even though you think the functionality is there, it won't actually do anything. Other issues like W&B, your wife's fare etc. You can call but they are not so good with their checkin on the phone but as I know you remind us you speak Polish perhaps you will have more joy than I have had. It can easily be fixed in the airport.

Perfectly normal that LO system won't do checkin for OAL, it works only on LO operated services.
Thanks for the quick response, HL ^ I don't think I'll bother with calling, though - I'll get it sorted directly at the airport.

Again, many thanks.

G
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:47 am

Speaking of LO's wonderful IT, the mileage bargains page (Monday sMiles) seems to be down. I only get 404s when I try to access it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.