Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH First Class Award IAD-FRA - Best way to book?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Question LH First Class Award IAD-FRA - Best way to book?

I'd like to book an First Class award rt IAD-FRA on LH and would like to know the best / most economical way to book. Here's what I know:

- LH opens up First Class awards 14 days prior to departure (not an issue as I'm flexible with what day I fly out and back)
- some *A carriers have better redemption rates than others (though I don't know which are best)
- some *A carrier have more accurate booking tools than others (again, not sure which ones)

Here's what I have to work with for points:
- 240k Ultimate Rewards
- 110k Amex Membership Rewards
- 230k Hilton Honors (can transfer to Avianca?)
- 34k MileagePlus

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:48 am

The lowest mileage level would be Asiana miles at 50k each way. But you can only get those with SPG points. With the points you currently have your best bet will be Aeroplan at 80k one way plus fuel surcharges and United at 110k one way without fuel surcharges. My recommendation would be United on the outbound and Aeroplan on the return since fuel surcharges are higher on the outbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.