Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Austrian - Seat Selection on United and other partner FFPs award Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL

I'm booked IAD-ZRH-VIE on Friday night/Saturday morning. Checked in with United, which of course can't provide seat assignment on Austrian. Using the booking located for Austrian on the Austrian website says "I've too late for checkin" - of course, I'm more than 24 hours out but less than 47. Am I beating my head against a wall on this or am I missing a trick?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:32 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Austrian Seat Selection

Hello. Does OS no longer allow seat reservations?

I've retrieved my reservation on OS website, but the seat preference section just says "check in between 60 minutes and 47 hours from departure."

FWIW - this is a UA award ticket in J.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, I'm a few months from departure.

Last edited by TBD; Aug 24, 2017 at 8:50 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:48 am

Just call OS.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I've also had some luck on the Lufthansa website if the ticket is booked via UA. You will need the OS/LH confirmation/record locator which will differ from the confirmation number you get from UA.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:02 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by christianj
I've also had some luck on the Lufthansa website if the ticket is booked via UA. You will need the OS/LH confirmation/record locator which will differ from the confirmation number you get from UA.
That seems to have worked. Thanks so much.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
I seem to be having the same problem. Booked OS business outbound and LX business inbound and I cannot select seats either on the M&M website or on the AUA website. Very strange indeed ...
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I had luck with messaging them on Twitter for my set assignment.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by TBD
That seems to have worked. Thanks so much.
^
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I am having the same problem with an OS award ticket in business class booked through UA. When I called the OS toll-free number a few weeks ago to request a seat assignment, I was told I was not entitled to an advanced seat assignment, because I am flying on a "restricted ticket." The agent, who seemed confused, told me I could upgrade to a "premium seat." When I told him I had a business class ticket, he said that I could pay the fare difference to a business class ticket that allows an advanced seat assignment.

I decided to DM Austrian through Twitter, and was told they could not pull up my reservation because it was on a United ticket. The person who responded told me that I needed to wait until check in opened 47 hours before departure. Here's the thing: When I pull up the reservation at Austrian.com, it says my fare includes "Advanced seat reservation."

It's now less than 47 hours before departure, and web check in is not allowing me to check in. Apparently, I can't check in until 47 hours before my VIE-KIV flight. Since the MIA-VIE flight is booked J0, all of the other seats will have probably been allocated by the time I get to choose.

I hope the inflight experience is better than the preflight experience has been.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Some, not all.
I had the same issued with a business class award ticket booked via United. UA gives the OS PNR but austrian.com would not let me select a seat, however using lufthansa.com I was able to select seats and now these are showing on austrian.com
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:20 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 21H21J
I had the same issued with a business class award ticket booked via United. UA gives the OS PNR but austrian.com would not let me select a seat, however using lufthansa.com I was able to select seats and now these are showing on austrian.com
Agree. I did this as recently as yesterday.
Dianne47 and lhrpete like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:05 pm

Lufthansa website indeed works, and seat assignments show up instantly, even on UA's site.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
Is it possible to do this on an economy ticket (booked with United/Lifemiles miles), or just business class?
Old May 22, 2018, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It appears that single "throne" seats on OS 777 flights require a payment unless you're Senator or their own elite levels. Do these open up closer to departure? Assuming they aren't free for UA Star Golds? What a disappointment for someone paying for business class.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It appears that single "throne" seats on OS 777 flights require a payment unless you're Senator or their own elite levels. Do these open up closer to departure? Assuming they aren't free for UA Star Golds? What a disappointment for someone paying for business class.
Swiss also charges for their throne seats in Business Class, unless you are Senator or HON. Yes these open up once check-in starts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.