LX vs. LH in F

Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Both are very good products and have their advantages and disadvantages.

I would recommend to try both and decide for yourself. The LH F on the A380 with the huge bathrooms is something to be experienced.

My experience would be that both have good service, but the likelyhood of getting subpar service (especially if you are not Swiss) is higher on LX than on LH, i.e. if in doubt I would take LH over LX.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
One of myriad threads on same LX vs. LH in F
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:01 am

What city are you starting from?

I would prefer to try one of each. I have always been happy in LH F, but have not flown LX F. I believe the SIN route is a 777, which has their newest F product. I would avoid the rather old F seat if it happens to be a LX A340 (reviews vary). The LH seat is good no matter the plane.

FRA is not a great airport to connect in, but the FCT is great. You can use the FCL if you prefer, but many here like the make the somewhat longer walk to the FCT.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:47 am

I would be flying DUB - FRA/ZRH - SIN. Indeed LX is the 777 so that is a bonus. Although from what people are saying I'm more tempted to go with LH as I would hate to have a bad experience.
I could always go Cathay J class.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
I would probably go for DUB-ZRH-SIN(LX)/SIN-FRA-DUB(LH). Always fun to try both, and as I understand, LX can be weird about lounge access in cases other than immediately before departure in actual LX F.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I would probably go for DUB-ZRH-SIN(LX)/SIN-FRA-DUB(LH). Always fun to try both, and as I understand, LX can be weird about lounge access in cases other than immediately before departure in actual LX F.
+ 1 this is what I currently do on my SIN flights, now LX is operating the 777.

For me the catering is far superior ex ZRH on LX, inbound I prefer the A380 with LH as catered ex SIN not much difference
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by chris63

+ 1 this is what I currently do on my SIN flights, now LX is operating the 777.

For me the catering is far superior ex ZRH on LX, inbound I prefer the A380 with LH as catered ex SIN not much difference
If you book on LH can you book seats on LX via their website?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by dsched
If you book on LH can you book seats on LX via their website?
Yes, just enter your LH booking code on Swiss website.
Actually I can also do it on LH website (view/change seats on LX F segment), but maybe it's because I log on my SEN profile on Lufthansa?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw
Yes, just enter your LH booking code on Swiss website.
Actually I can also do it on LH website (view/change seats on LX F segment), but maybe it's because I log on my SEN profile on Lufthansa?
Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work to do it on the LH site. Have yet to find a patterns.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:56 am

I thought about LX and LH but I think Im going to go with LH as I have never been in the FCT. I have 6+ hours connection so I presume Im guaranteed to be allowed into FCT.
I dont want to hijack this thread as theres one devoted to FCT but on the return I will be flying FRA - DUB J, can I use the FCL as I will be coming off an F flight, or not?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: LH SEN *
can I use the FCL as I will be coming off an F flight, or not?
Yes you can :-)
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:50 am

I went to book my flights and LH had increased one sector by €1,500 . So Im going to reschedule by a day and go out with LX and in with LH. The LX segment requires an 8 hour layover in ZRH. What F lounge should I use and I assume there are no time limits.
Hopefully I wont be bored!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I went to book my flights and LH had increased one sector by 1,500 . So Im going to reschedule by a day and go out with LX and in with LH. The LX segment requires an 8 hour layover in ZRH. What F lounge should I use and I assume there are no time limits.
No F lounge is worth eight hours!
Get out of the airport and go have a look around Zurich.
The city is a short hop on the train or tram.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:29 am

I went to book my flights and LH had increased one sector by 1,500 . So Im going to reschedule by a day and go out with LX and in with LH. The LX segment requires an 8 hour layover in ZRH. What F lounge should I use and I assume there are no time limits.
There is decent wining and dining at the FCL in E and a nice terrace, too. 8 hours are a bit much, unless you are a plane spotter and a champagne lover. Would either head into town for a bit or rather enjoy the lounge and use the awesome day rooms at the FCL for a shower and a nap.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
No F lounge is worth eight hours!
Get out of the airport and go have a look around Zurich.
The city is a short hop on the train or tram.
I have spent longer in the ZRH FCL. After an overnight flight (I can't sleep more than a couple of hours on a plane even in F ) I'm happy to have a shower and take a nap in one of the "hotel" bedrooms followed by a nice a la carte meal in the restaurant before my connecting flight. As far as I know there are no time limits to your stay in the FCL.
andywaw likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.