Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX vs. LH in F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As far as I know there are no time limits to your stay in the FCL.
There is no time limit: Any F pax can stay there between opening in the morning and the departure of their F flight.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:39 am

Booked

I booked my flights. I had a change of heart again haha. I went with LH after four both legs. I just wanted to try the FCT. I could do with a cigar!

Really looking forward to it and thanks all for the advice.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Can't you do FCT also after an F flight when connecting to another LH flight on the same ticket? I believe you can - so on your return you'd be able to do FCT also before FRA-DUB in J.
dsched likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by dsched
I booked my flights. I had a change of heart again haha. I went with LH after four both legs. I just wanted to try the FCT. I could do with a cigar!

Really looking forward to it and thanks all for the advice.
Well, LH F is great but shame you won’t get to try LX F & their 2 new FC Lounges which are just as good as FCT only different offerings.

LH FCT has not dispensed Cigars in a long time, they were enhanced away 👎 Actually LH didn’t pay for them it was promotional from the Cigar people
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Well, LH F is great but shame you won’t get to try LX F & their 2 new FC Lounges which are just as good as FCT only different offerings.
I would argue that, depending on preferences and particularly for transfer passengers, the LX and LH FCLs have an edge over the FCT: located in the terminal, apron views, some have terraces... plus essentially the same amenities as the overrated FCT.

Concerning cigars: I would also suggest to bring some. However, I have always managed to get some „left-over“ cigarillos from the lounge staff.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I would argue that, depending on preferences and particularly for transfer passengers, the LX and LH FCLs have an edge over the FCT: located in the terminal, apron views, some have terraces... plus essentially the same amenities as the overrated FCT.

Concerning cigars: I would also suggest to bring some. However, I have always managed to get some „left-over“ cigarillos from the lounge staff.
LX FCL’s & LH FCL’s are amongst the very best in the World.

It’s also nice that there are differences between them, especially that MUC is catered differently from FRA.

However the FCT is unique, as a stand alone separate building with Limousine transfer to the aircraft
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I recently have my first ever first experiences. For my the FCT at FRA and the FCT at ZRH were both great however you the limo transfer at FRA was a nice touch.

I flew LH F on a 747 and LX F on an A340. The A340 seats really were showing their age, I felt like they weren't necessarily any more comfortable that a good J product. The food however was excellent.

So..if you are have the choice of LX F and LH F, if the option is LX A340...there is no discussion, go with LH.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
So..if you are have the choice of LX F and LH F, if the option is LX A340...there is no discussion, go with LH.
Already booked on LH. Its an a380. Just thought the whole FCT would be worth the experience though part of me is a little sad I wont get to try both products.
I will have to make a trip on LX next to try that out.
Bummer the new revenue based M&M system. I reckon I will loose about 60% of my potential miles cos I booked 2 days late.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsched
Already booked on LH.
Bummer the new revenue based M&M system. I reckon I will loose about 60% of my potential miles cos I booked 2 days late.
If you look at the discount codes & bargain fares thread on this forum, depending on how you booked & when you fly, you might get the current 50% bonus award miles.

But yes, A fares earn an awful lot less miles now ��

Actually the 50% is shown in the Miles & More promotions thread

Last edited by chris63; Mar 14, 2018 at 11:08 pm Reason: Error
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:26 am

LX FCL’s & LH FCL’s are amongst the very best in the World.

It’s also nice that there are differences between them, especially that MUC is catered differently from FRA.

However the FCT is unique, as a stand alone separate building with Limousine transfer to the aircraft

Totally agree with the first two statements and do think that the food in MUC is at least on par with FRA, despite not being catered by (overrated) Do&Co. Also like the concept in the MUC satellite FCL of cold buffet plus a la carte hot dishes better than the hot buffet at the FRA FCLs and the FCT.

The FCT may be unique that it is in a separate building, but it is a separate building outside the airside area, overlooking a taxi rank and the LH base. As somebody who likes apron views and does not care too much about a short ride in a mini van or "limo" (essentially an every-day car), I prefer the FCLs in FRA to the FCT now. Particularly if you add the not-so-nice walk to the FCT from the terminal and the not-so-friendly staff in the restaurant area...
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=worldclubber;29526919 . Also like the concept in the MUC satellite FCL of cold buffet plus a la carte hot dishes better than the hot buffet at the FRA FCLs and the FCT.

The FCT may be unique that it is in a separate building, but it is a separate building outside the airside area, overlooking a taxi rank and the LH base. As somebody who likes apron views and does not care too much about a short ride in a mini van or "limo" (essentially an every-day car), I prefer the FCLs in FRA to the FCT now. Particularly if you add the not-so-nice walk to the FCT from the terminal and the not-so-friendly staff in the restaurant area...[/QUOTE]

FRA FCL’s & FCT always have an excellent Cold Buffet, in fact the hot Buffet is not there all day, the Iberico Ham is fabulous not to mention Loch Fyne Smoked Salmon & Jumbo Prawns.

FCT advantage is you can forget about your onward travel, the PA will come & find you once it’s time to board, that for me is a big plus.
Since im nearly always transiting FRA it’s got so bad with the labyrinthine mess that is FRA that it’s usually quicker for me to stroll over to the FCT, ridiculously, coming from the U.K. FRAPORT is forcing me to do security checks in transit because they lost the plot with the airport layout.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN *
FCT advantage is you can forget about your onward travel, the PA will come & find you once it’s time to board, that for me is a big plus.
The PA came up and invited me to the plane (to the limo actually) every time I was in FCL Terminal B as well.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:42 am

Is there only a spa in the FCL and not in the FCT? Or am I mixing it up with ZRH?
I would like to take advantage of that while I am there. My flights not for months yet but all the talk of the amenities is making me really excited.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:11 am

FRA FCL’s & FCT always have an excellent Cold Buffet, in fact the hot Buffet is not there all day, the Iberico Ham is fabulous not to mention Loch Fyne Smoked Salmon & Jumbo Prawns.

Since im nearly always transiting FRA it’s got so bad with the labyrinthine mess that is FRA that it’s usually quicker for me to stroll over to the FCT, ridiculously, coming from the U.K. FRAPORT is forcing me to do security checks in transit because they lost the plot with the airport layout.
I actually prefer the cold buffet in MUC, although I do have to admit that I like the Iberico.

You are, course right, that it is sometimes quicker/easier to walk to the FCT if you have to go through security again. Rarely happens to me, almost only when I come back from the UK. And LHR is not much better: Always have to go through security when connecting from Europe to anywhere there.

Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by andywaw
The PA came up and invited me to the plane (to the limo actually) every time I was in FCL Terminal B as well.
Exactly ^

I really like the staff at the FCL in B and have also always been reminded of my departure.
andywaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.