Wiki Posts
Search

LOT operated by/for Nordica EE [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Raul_R

Quite from next door.
They consider to left LOT platform AND Miles&More as those things are expensive for them amd do not generate enough revenue. As their almost main business is now to fly for some Sweden municipitalities local routes in Sweden, they want to have “flexible booking system for their network” and LOT is not good for it + is expensive. That is what they CEO recently told. That possibility to go sole EE code is on the table as one strong alternative.
if they “divorce” with LO, there will be 100% no Miles&More with Nordica flights anymore. Except their possible wetlease for LOT (flights LO7xx)
Where and when did the CEO say this? I’ve not heard anything about this. LOT partnership seems to be long term and for the time being it’s what they want to do.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by iLied

Where and when did the CEO say this? I’ve not heard anything about this. LOT partnership seems to be long term and for the time being it’s what they want to do.
Publicly it is here:
https://www.err.ee/881837/nordica-ka...ilt-valja-osta
Nordica kaalub ideed lende opereeriv Regional Jet LOT-ilt välja osta - ärileht.ee
/sorry, in Estonian/
Talks about it (and more concrete) was also in different TV talk-shows.

Hopefully LOT have enough power to force Nordica Estonian management do as LOT requires. But you never know.
Previous "marriage" between Nordica and Adria ended very promptly.

Currently Nordica is closing lines from Tallinn.
Last news was, that from end of March will be forever gone TLL-MUC
In October 2018 they lost codeshare with LH and obviously it made demand less (as for absolute most LH tariffs is necessary to use inside EU only LH coded flights).

The cabin crews of Nordica usually try to do their best.
Just the level of possibilities are not even close to Lufthansa as example.
Management is different story....
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:12 am

Publicly it is here:
https://www.err.ee/881837/nordica-ka...ilt-valja-osta
Nordica kaalub ideed lende opereeriv Regional Jet LOT-ilt välja osta - ärileht.ee
/sorry, in Estonian/
Talks about it (and more concrete) was also in different TV talk-shows.

Hopefully LOT have enough power to force Nordica Estonian management do as LOT requires. But you never know.
Previous "marriage" between Nordica and Adria ended very promptly.

Currently Nordica is closing lines from Tallinn.
Last news was, that from end of March will be forever gone TLL-MUC
In October 2018 they lost codeshare with LH and obviously it made demand less (as for absolute most LH tariffs is necessary to use inside EU only LH coded flights).

The cabin crews of Nordica usually try to do their best.
Just the level of possibilities are not even close to Lufthansa as example.
Management is different story....
Thanks.

I get the impression that LOT holds all of the power anyway in the relationship. It seems that Nordica preferred a different party after setting up.

Do you know why they are closing routes from Tallinn?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Shall the divorce happen, it is going to be very messy.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by vanaema78
Yes I can imagine and Nordica will have to grow up quickly
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nordica sounds like an awful outfit for those upfront (allegedly)

https://www.pprune.org/10374969-post29.html
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:13 am

Yes I can imagine and Nordica will have to grow up quickly
Nordica will not "grow up" but will then on some moment close the doors as was with Estonian Air.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:17 am

Nordica will not "grow up" but will then on some moment close the doors as was with Estonian Air.
Why do you say that? The Government will want an airline that provides direct connections to Estonia.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by vanaema78
I don't think so.
They just close the doors.
And after some time will announce New project of Estonian Airline.
Also for government money. With nice talk about "how important it is to provide direct connections from Tallinn" and after 6-18 months the new company will again start to make everything else then flying from Tallinn.
As somebody will get richer.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:37 am

Thanks.

I get the impression that LOT holds all of the power anyway in the relationship. It seems that Nordica preferred a different party after setting up.

Do you know why they are closing routes from Tallinn?
I think that LOT is problem for Estonian local management as LOT do not allow everything local guys would like to do.
Nordica is form Estonian side state owned company.
LOT holds 49% share on the Nordica subsidiary.
In Estonia for many people the Nordica is very strange or jus a joke.
When government made the company, the reason was -- to provide as many direct flights form Estonia as possible.
But very soon the focus moved to other businesses in Nordica.
Now they are complaining that there is too big competition and that is reason why they close the routes.
Actually more practical reason is that they do flying to another routes (as local flights in Sweden etc) more and more (as that is our of Estonian public and more far from LOT as well) and they do not have planes for flights from Estonia.
Long time there was lot of problems, that their flights was heavily delayed or cancelled.
Actually for me it becomes good -- Nordica is company who paid me more (as compensation) than I paid them at all.

If looking deeper by business, then Nordica have same problem as many other classic airlines. They do not understand who is their client -- is it more profitable to be as "flag carrier" or as LCC.
I do not think that mix of that will work out.
If you try to sell only very cheap tickets -- it will nor feed full-service-company (or almost-full-service-company) with enough money.
If you cut the service, you will loose customers ready to pay more.

I was on several Nordica flights as business class passenger. Usually only business class passenger.
And was that for them it is a bit a problem -- they do not know how to make a difference between Premium Economy and Business, they do not have recognition of status customers (as currently they are Miles&More airline). It is now fully up of the purser on the flight. Some of them are very good (specially one, who formerly was working long time for Lufthansa).

If you board LOT flights in WAW operated by Nordica I many times heard at gate announcement, that "passengers should not worry as flight will b operated by service level of LOT". And then so it is.
if it is LO8xxx flight, it may be and frequently is, a bit different story.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:50 am

I think that LOT is problem for Estonian local management as LOT do not allow everything local guys would like to do.
Nordica is form Estonian side state owned company.
LOT holds 49% share on the Nordica subsidiary.
In Estonia for many people the Nordica is very strange or jus a joke.
When government made the company, the reason was -- to provide as many direct flights form Estonia as possible.
But very soon the focus moved to other businesses in Nordica.
Now they are complaining that there is too big competition and that is reason why they close the routes.
Actually more practical reason is that they do flying to another routes (as local flights in Sweden etc) more and more (as that is our of Estonian public and more far from LOT as well) and they do not have planes for flights from Estonia.
Long time there was lot of problems, that their flights was heavily delayed or cancelled.
Actually for me it becomes good -- Nordica is company who paid me more (as compensation) than I paid them at all.

If looking deeper by business, then Nordica have same problem as many other classic airlines. They do not understand who is their client -- is it more profitable to be as "flag carrier" or as LCC.
I do not think that mix of that will work out.
If you try to sell only very cheap tickets -- it will nor feed full-service-company (or almost-full-service-company) with enough money.
If you cut the service, you will loose customers ready to pay more.

I was on several Nordica flights as business class passenger. Usually only business class passenger.
And was that for them it is a bit a problem -- they do not know how to make a difference between Premium Economy and Business, they do not have recognition of status customers (as currently they are Miles&More airline). It is now fully up of the purser on the flight. Some of them are very good (specially one, who formerly was working long time for Lufthansa).

If you board LOT flights in WAW operated by Nordica I many times heard at gate announcement, that "passengers should not worry as flight will b operated by service level of LOT". And then so it is.
if it is LO8xxx flight, it may be and frequently is, a bit different story.
I think they need to do something so the airline is sustainable so they don’t fall into the same trap as Estonian Air.
The new CEO decided that routes needed to be cut in order to improve service and instead charter out the planes to other companies. It seems like very strange decision, especially as the CEO wants us to trust them more and use them to fly to/from Tallinn but this is difficult when routes customers use are being cut.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
There's no "should not worry" there, the message is simply "the flight will be operated with LOT service levels", this message is typical for every LOT flight not operated by LOT itself (be it Nordica/RegionalJet, BlueAir, SprintAir or some random ad-hoc wet lease). The only operating airline that was not announced this way was the late EuroLOT.

And the "LOT standards" on Nordica are sometimes actually different than on actual LOT. I flew Nordica on a domestic LOT flight in Poland in December (unexpectedly; the scheduled a/c was a Q400, I guess it went #typowyDash ), it was slightly different: they gave away Prince Polos/Frugo jellys before taxiing instead of in air. Plus, you get two inflight magazines.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
There's no "should not worry" there, the message is simply "the flight will be operated with LOT service levels", this message is typical for every LOT flight not operated by LOT itself (be it Nordica/RegionalJet, BlueAir, SprintAir or some random ad-hoc wet lease). The only operating airline that was not announced this way was the late EuroLOT.

And the "LOT standards" on Nordica are sometimes actually different than on actual LOT. I flew Nordica on a domestic LOT flight in Poland in December (unexpectedly; the scheduled a/c was a Q400, I guess it went #typowyDash ), it was slightly different: they gave away Prince Polos/Frugo jellys before taxiing instead of in air. Plus, you get two inflight magazines.
Yes they offer both Nordica and LOT magazines.
LOT service on Nordica aircraft seems exactly like a regular LOT flight, just with Nordica crew.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

And that's supposed to be reassuring?
TPJ and iLied like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by yurtripper
And that's supposed to be reassuring?
Come on, you know half of us only ever fly LOT because of that sweet, sweet Prince Polo game
iLied likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.