Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT operated by/for Nordica EE [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
The Boeing 737-400 wet leased from LOT has arrived in Tallinn and is being used on flights already.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
It's SP-LLG.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:59 pm

For some reason the flight NCE-TLL got cancelled on 2/09 and the plane flew on 3/09 to WAW instead. TLL-VNO is also cancelled and instead the plane will fly WAW-VNO-TLL. The morning BRU flight is being operated by the F100. I have no idea why it’s like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
4 planes out of service and plenty of cancellations.
Looks like one of the first rough days for Nordica. Thats the joy of having quite a tight schedule with not too many spare aircraft. This is probably going to last now for a few more days to get everything running smoothly.

I guess flights involving WAW are more important due to the wet-leases done there, missing TLL-WAW would mean missing quite a lot other flights.
BRU got the F100 probably due to it being one of the routes with highest load + the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, plenty of events in September.
AFAIK they can change between CR7 and 9 depending on the load even during the day in TLL.

EDIT: Looks like Etihad Regional ATR72 has been helping out.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/hb-acb

Last edited by vanaema78; Sep 4, 2017 at 11:28 am Reason: ups.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by vanaema78
4 planes out of service and plenty of cancellations.
Looks like one of the first rough days for Nordica. Thats the joy of having quite a tight schedule with not too many spare aircraft. This is probably going to last now for a few more days to get everything running smoothly.

I guess flights involving WAW are more important due to the wet-leases done there, missing TLL-WAW would mean missing quite a lot other flights.
BRU got the F100 probably due to it being one of the routes with highest load + the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, plenty of events in September.
AFAIK they can change between CR7 and 9 depending on the load even during the day in TLL.

EDIT: Looks like Etihad Regional ATR72 has been helping out.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/hb-acb
Interesting. I imagine it's having a knock on effect for LO too. Who's responsible for any compensation claims? Is it LO or Nordica? Maybe they need to have a couple of spare planes or their schedule is too much.

I assume so as well, although not all routes involve WAW directly from TLL, their is a flight to GOT and ARN first thing which then are on a rotation involving WAW and possibly TLL (using WAW-TLL-WAW) with an evening flight back to TLL. Interesting way of doing it. Looking at the flightradar24 for the 734 on wet lease the flight from NCE-WAW and WAW-VNO are coded LO9002, which isn't a commercial flight.Same goes for LO8002, which has been used for the wet leases arrival in TLL. I agree for BRU and they think VNO needs the 734 for the day. The F100 is bigger than the CR7 and 9.
Interesting that it's that flexible with aircraft type.

I mentioned it in a earlier post as it's now Adria Airways Switzerland.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Nordica according to the newspaper article have 2 planes on stand-by, I guess it's probably only in perfect conditions. The compensation claims for anything out of TLL should be for Nordica, anything else depending on the deal between the two.

EE900x coded flights are positioning flights so I assume that LO9002 and LO8002 were as well.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by vanaema78
Nordica according to the newspaper article have 2 planes on stand-by, I guess it's probably only in perfect conditions. The compensation claims for anything out of TLL should be for Nordica, anything else depending on the deal between the two.

EE900x coded flights are positioning flights so I assume that LO9002 and LO8002 were as well.
LO did say to me that any claim regarding LO8xxx flights handled by them will be queried with Nordica. I don't know about responsibility as the flights are branded as LOT flights, including for M&M. Maybe they have a few more spares now due to the wet leases.

I've seen some flights labelled on www.flynordica.com as EE8xxx and EE9xxx and seem to go to an airport from TLL and back again.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by iLied
LO did say to me that any claim regarding LO8xxx flights handled by them will be queried with Nordica. I don't know about responsibility as the flights are branded as LOT flights, including for M&M.
When my LO88xx flight was delayed and my bag was lost, I filed the EU261 and lost luggage reports with LO, but it was Nordica that responded and provided the reimbursements.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:31 am

Changes in LOT booking system for Nordica flights and wet-lease flights

I noticed today in the LO booking system that flights operated by Nordica (for themselves or on behalf of LOT) are now shown as being operated by EE instead of Regional Jet and have changed the logo on the flights from a LOT logo to the logo for a different airline. Is this signalling a future change? I thought the partnership was for the long term.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
EE is the ISO code for Estonia.

Maybe Nordica is getting its own certificate and IATA code?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
I wouldn't make much of it, just some typical LOT.com website SNAFU for winter-schedule flights. EE is the IATA code for the Nordica-LOT joint venture Regional Jet.

Flight numbers are still LO 8xxx.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by marcoos
I wouldn't make much of it, just some typical LOT.com website SNAFU for winter-schedule flights. EE is the IATA code for the Nordica-LOT joint venture Regional Jet.

Flight numbers are still LO 8xxx.
interestingly enough on a travel agency website it’s coming up as “LOT Polish Airlines supported by Aero Airlines”. I know they are the previous holder of EE. I doubt things will change as the partnership is said to be for the long term.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: SK*(LT)G, AY
interestingly enough on a travel agency website it’s coming up as “LOT Polish Airlines supported by Aero Airlines”. I know they are the previous holder of EE. I doubt things will change as the partnership is said to be for the long term.
Aero Airlines reference is definitely coming from some old database. Regional Jet applied and in March 2016 received EE code that was released by defunct Aero's parent company Finnair.

LOT needs planes for their wider network, Nordica had the strategy from the start to find long-term contractual flying. This partnership is mutually beneficial, I see no reason for breaking that up.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by tiltslope
Aero Airlines reference is definitely coming from some old database. Regional Jet applied and in March 2016 received EE code that was released by defunct Aero's parent company Finnair.

LOT needs planes for their wider network, Nordica had the strategy from the start to find long-term contractual flying. This partnership is mutually beneficial, I see no reason for breaking that up.
It could come from the fact in Amadeus, LOT have put in “operated by EE” which some other Amadeus clients are translating to Aero Airlines as it was the holder of EE and Regional Jet aren’t technically flying under EE so it’s not been updated.

Of course and Nordica need another airline in order to fly so it works out well for both their strategies.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
It could come from the fact in Amadeus, LOT have put in “operated by EE” which some other Amadeus clients are translating to Aero Airlines as it was the holder of EE and Regional Jet aren’t technically flying under EE so it’s not been updated.
The United booking engine currently identifies EE-operated LO flights as "Operated by EuroBerlin". Euroberlin France / Euroberlin used "EE" airline code 1988-1994, so just another example of "Operated by EE" not being mapped correctly (and the United page using very old information).

Last edited by DoTheBartMan; Oct 11, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.