Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT operated by/for Nordica EE [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
The partnership between Nordica and LOT is here to stay. This weekend they have a campaign on for their flights and for some LOT destinations starting from TLL.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Today in Estonian press:
Intervjuu Nordica juhiga: lennuliinide kokkutõmbamise majanduslikku kasu näeme juba praegu! - ärileht.ee

Short resume from interview with Nordica CEO Hannes Sarapuu:
Nordica do not like different decisions made in Warsaw regarding Nordica operations.
They seriously consider buyout Nordica Regional Jet 49% share from LOT (most probably means -- will wait until Estonian parliament elections results and new government and then ask for it money)
LOT in end of 2018 was very worried about all the Nordica delays and the compensations what LOT was forced to pay to passengers (there comes also my several thousands eur). And "on the table" was also possibility to leave LO only for WAW-TLL route (what actually even today is not pure Nordica, but pure LOT route, where sometimes fly Nordica aircraft)

So... will see about Nordica and LOT.
As their CEO told -- currently they do not have yet signed any contract for their own commercial platform.

I think, that they will wait result of our parliament elections and will decide after that regarding the future force-lines in Estonian goverment.
Estonian do not like the idea, that Nordica close some routes to fly somewhere in Sweden to local municipalities at all.
Only idea of Nordica was to offer direct routes from Tallinn.

As I wrote before -- I personally hope, that Nordica will not use EE code and stay closely connected with LOT.
Otherwise they will have for me absolutely no sense to fly with them.

Local Nordica bosses seems to not like situation where LOT make big decisions. Ego?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well, as you can see from the various small airlines going belly up in Europe right now, its not really possible to run such a small airline standalone. If EE would cut loose from LO it would not last long.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, as you can see from the various small airlines going belly up in Europe right now, its not really possible to run such a small airline standalone. If EE would cut loose from LO it would not last long.
Absolutely!
hugolover and zeer0 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Absolutely!
I’m not so sure. There are other airlines in Europe who survive and are small. I think if they were to go it alone, they would need a good feeder network and Regional Jet to be successful in order to survive.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:23 am

Tallinn-Munich-Tallinn returns in January for a little bit!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iLied

I’m not so sure. There are other airlines in Europe who survive and are small. I think if they were to go it alone, they would need a good feeder network and Regional Jet to be successful in order to survive.
Yeah, but the likes of BM don't have the British or Scottish governments breathing down their necks telling them what to do, unlike EE.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Yeah, but the likes of BM don't have the British or Scottish governments breathing down their necks telling them what to do, unlike EE.
I don’t think it’s the Government as such. They want Estonia to have an airline connecting Estonia to the hubs of Europe. If it’s anyone, it’s LOT who are breathing down their necks telling them what to do. It’s a very fine line they are on, they’re benefits of being in the agreement with LOT and they’re benefits of being on their own.

I think that personally, they could keep going with LOT even with their own commercial platform, as they have agreements in place.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There’s a rumour that BM are about to fold, but as it comes from that Aviation Expert pillock lets just see what happens.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:30 pm

There’s a rumour that BM are about to fold, but as it comes from that Aviation Expert pillock lets just see what happens.
Confirmed. It’s got it’s own thread.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw a Nordica ATR in GLA yesterday. They were parked across from BArbs hallowed grounds.

Operating for BE.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:05 am

I saw a Nordica ATR in GLA yesterday. They were parked across from BArbs hallowed grounds.

Operating for BE.
They flew not so long ago for Loganair too.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:41 am

Nordica should have been operating the PSO route Tallinn-Saaremaa but it’s a whole mess that contract.

Also LH will start MUC-TLL-MUC from 4th November using an Airbus A319-100 leaving MUC at the same time as the Nordica flight. These will be Monday, Thursday & Saturday. I suspect the LH codeshare won’t be returning. I wonder what will happen to the Nordica flights.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:45 pm

There is NO Nordica LO/EE flights on MUC-TLL route already since end of March.
And most probably never will be again.
Now, when LH reopen that route (they operated it earlier) there will be also 0 demand for Nordica on this route.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Raul_R
There is NO Nordica LO/EE flights on MUC-TLL route already since end of March.
And most probably never will be again.
Now, when LH reopen that route (they operated it earlier) there will be also 0 demand for Nordica on this route.
There will be a limited winter service by Nordica.
You don’t know there will be 0 demand. Maybe some will travel with them because of when they fly and maybe with LH because of when they fly. It’s about what’s practical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.