LOT operated by/for Nordica EE [merged]

Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I flew LOT Nordica CR9s twice his week in economy on a UA award ticket. First from AMS-TLL and second from TLL-SPU. The flights were fine, although TLL-SPU ran about an hour late due to a late arriving aircraft. The service is no frills, with complimentary water, coffee, and tea, but other drinks and snacks to be paid.

I called LOT’s USA reservations number to get seat assignments in advance and sat in an exit row seat on both flights: row 16 on the first flight and row 15 on the second. The exit row seats have good leg room, but like many of the rows, the windows are misaligned to the fore, so I actually thought it was better to look out the window from the aisle seat, rather than the window seat. The bulkhead row 1 seats also appeared to have good legroom.

I dropped my rollaboard off plane-side on a trolley and picked it up plane-side from a trolley in conjunction with each flight because the CR9 overhead bins are smaller than those of mainline aircraft.

As a Star Gold, I was able to access the Aspire Lounge 26 at AMS and the Business Lounge at TLL with a guest before my flights. Except for the delay, which was a minor inconvenience, everything was fine and I wouldn’t hesitate to fly LOT Nordica again in the future.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Jul 5, 2018 at 3:06 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I flew LOT Nordica CR9s twice his week in economy on a UA award ticket. First from AMS-TLL and second from TLL-SPU. The flights were fine, although TLL-SPU ran about an hour late due to a late arriving aircraft. The service is no frills, with complimentary water, coffee, and tea, but other drinks and snacks to be paid.

I called LOT’s USA reservations number to get seat assignments in advance and sat in an exit row seat on both flights: row 16 on the first flight and row 15 on the second. The exit row seats have good leg room, but like many of the rows, the windows are misaligned to the fore, so I actually thought it was better to look out the window from the aisle seat, rather than the window seat. The bulkhead row 1 seats also appeared to have good legroom.

I dropped my rollaboard off plane-side on a trolley and picked it up plane-side from a trolley in conjunction with each flight because the CR9 overhead bins are smaller than those of mainline aircraft.

As a Star Gold, I was able to access the Aspire Lounge 26 at AMS and the Business Lounge at TLL with a guest before my flights. Except for the delay, which was a minor inconvenience, everything was fine and I wouldn’t hesitate to fly LOT Nordica again in the future.
I find them really good as well!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Nordica has started operating some of LOT's domestic flights in Poland this week, e.g. LO3935 WAW-SZZ (all the "CR9" there are Nordica-operated).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
Nordica has started operating some of LOT's domestic flights in Poland this week, e.g. LO3935 WAW-SZZ (all the "CR9" there are Nordica-operated).
I’d noticed that there’s been changes to the routes LOT operate and Nordica operate out of WAW.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:40 pm

CPH-ORB-CPH flights

Nordica have stopped CPH-ORB-CPH flights completely.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by iLied
Nordica have stopped CPH-ORB-CPH flights completely.
It was a PSO route. The Örebro region probably lost the EU subsidies because they couldn’t prove that the route was necessary.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
It was a PSO route. The Örebro region probably lost the EU subsidies because they couldn’t prove that the route was necessary.
I think it was flybmi who told Nordica to stop because of passenger numbers.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iLied

I think it was flybmi who told Nordica to stop because of passenger numbers.
According to the Örebro airport press release (available in Swedish only), airport management told Nordica that the route needed to end because the cost was endangering the airport management company’s financial stability. The route was subsidized by the EU, and could not be operated without the PSO subsidy.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:54 am

According to the Örebro airport press release (available in Swedish only), airport management told Nordica that the route needed to end because the cost was endangering the airport management company’s financial stability. The route was subsidized by the EU, and could not be operated without the PSO subsidy.
Fair enough, thanks. It’s a shame they couldn’t make it work.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:04 am
Suspended

That route has been tried by several airlines before, and it was profitable only as long as the Ericsson mobile phone factory in nearby Kumla generated enough passenger and freight traffic.
With Stockholm-Arlanda only 2.5 hours away by train, flying from Örebro via Copenhagen to the final destination was simply too expensive and didn’t offer enough time savings compared to flying from Arlanda.
The only time I flew that route was when I could include the ORB-CPH segment into an award ticket.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:14 am

That route has been tried by several airlines before, and it was profitable only as long as the Ericsson mobile phone factory in nearby Kumla generated enough passenger and freight traffic.
With Stockholm-Arlanda only 2.5 hours away by train, flying from Örebro via Copenhagen to the final destination was simply too expensive and didn’t offer enough time savings compared to flying from Arlanda.
The only time I flew that route was when I could include the ORB-CPH segment into an award ticket.
Fair enough! Maybe providing flights to Stockholm Arlanda would be more profitable for the airport. It is a shame then this route got cancelled but does mean that there are only flights on Nordica aircraft now.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
New domestic routes in Sweden, starting September 16th.

Arvidsjaur – Gallivare 11 weekly
LO8812 AJR1050 – 1115GEV CR9 x67
LO8816 AJR2050 – 2115GEV CR9 x67
LO8816 AJR2205 – 2230GEV CR9 7

LO8811 GEV0600 – 0630AJR CR9 x67
LO8815 GEV1500 – 1530AJR CR9 7
LO8815 GEV1600 – 1630AJR CR9 x67

Arvidsjaur – Stockholm Arlanda 11 weekly
LO8811 AJR0650 – 0800ARN CR9 x67
LO8815 AJR1550 – 1700ARN CR9 7
LO8815 AJR1650 – 1800ARN CR9 x67

LO8812 ARN0915 – 1030AJR CR9 x67
LO8816 ARN1915 – 2030AJR CR9 x67
LO8816 ARN2030 – 2145AJR CR9 7
These are all of course Nordica flights.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:19 am

These are in fact GEV-AJR-ARN flights. Nordica won the contract after NextJet went bankrupt.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:06 am

Is the ER4 smaller than a CR9?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
FLIGHT DATE SEGMENT DPTR ARVL MLS EQP ELPD MILES SMD
1 LO*8812 20SEP ARN AJR 0915 1030 RF CR9 1.15 437 N
DEP-TERMINAL 3
Operated out of T3, so no lounge (is there still a SK*G lounge at T4, can you access T4 with T3 B/Pass?)..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.