Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tight flight transfer schedule (Lufthansa)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
BTDT, perfectly doable unless the PRG flight is 30+mins late (never happened in my case), of which you should be warned already in Prague and try to solve it already there.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks for all the info. Even if most of you said that I shoudn't worry about it, I'd like to be prepared to any situation then run around after some problém occurs like headless chicken - One more question which may sound a bit dumb but I rather ask since it never happend to me before, if the flight PRG-DUS gets delayed for more then 30 mins where should I go to deal with reroute?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Bill Gee
if the flight PRG-DUS gets delayed for more then 30 mins where should I go to deal with reroute?
Ask for a LH/EW representative at checkin. LH ticketing office at PRG airport has been closed recently, yet the representative/ckin supervisor will be able to handle this for you.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NightFly
Ask for a LH/EW representative at checkin. LH ticketing office at PRG airport has been closed recently, yet the representative/ckin supervisor will be able to handle this for you.
I see but what if I will already be checked-in and waiting by the gate when they will announce the delay? I experienced delay about 8 times and all of it was announced just about 20 minutes before the boarding should start in the first place...
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:18 am

Have LH service center on speed dial should be a safer bet. If the flight is delayed, the ground ops may be scrambling to rebook other passengers as well so it may take a while before it's your turn and by the time some options may already be gone.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bill Gee
I see but what if I will already be checked-in and waiting by the gate when they will announce the delay? I experienced delay about 8 times and all of it was announced just about 20 minutes before the boarding should start in the first place...
Check flightradar24.com for the flight coming in from DUS to PRG - that should give you a longer advance warning than the 20 minutes afforded by the gate. If you see any longer delay of that flight (or if it just has not departed at sechduled time) call the Lufthansa call center as someone suggested before and ask to be rebooked...

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.