Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian "Feedback" Customer Service - No Reply

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/Gold
Austrian "Feedback" Customer Service - No Reply

tl;dr: Austrian mishandled our bag and almost a month later has not responded to formal requests with receipts via austrian.com/feedback for reimbursement. Do others have a phone number for a live person in customer relations? Suggestions for success (short of legal action/small claims court)?

------

Our party of four booked tickets on United (016...) and the first flight of the return trip was on Austrian, connecting back to United TATL. At the beginning of July, almost 4 weeks ago, Austrian lost one of our bags. We filed a tracing claim at the airport and received a tracking code. We made some immediate purchases so we'd have critical items for our return travel, and when it became clear that bag was unlikely to be found quickly, we began to purchase reasonable and necessary replacements near our home.

We submitted paperwork for a claim and detailed receipts to the "Feedback" website at austrian.com, and we have not heard any reply to any of our 5 submissions.

After 3+ weeks our bag was located. It was eventually brought to our local airport by Lufthansa ... but to keep things fun, Lufthansa refused to deliver it to our home because they said the claim was with Austrian, and Austrian wouldn't pay them back to complete delivery. (Isn't Austrian 100% owned by LH group?!) Irony aside, after several phone calls to a supervisor they agreed to deliver the bag in a day or two, and items were missing.

Beyond official feedback we sent a note to Austrian Facebook social media team, and we were told to be patient. At this point we have credit card bills to pay for replacement items for the four of us.

Looking to wisdom of the crowd here ... how long has it taken others to get a response from Austrian customer service?

Does anybody have live person contacts for Austrian Customer Service? In general we've been told they only do email and fax. But, a United agent was able to get a Austrian agent to reveal we could contact + 43 5 1766 1074, and were told they answer the phone from 8a-5p Vienna time 7 days a week! Clearly they don't want this number shared widely -- but I'll leave it here for others in the future. Alas, we called and were dumped into a voicemail.

Obviously I can go to small claims court, but that will be even more work on my part. Any thoughts on how to expedite resolution with Austrian?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.