Search

Earning miles with Silk Air?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More- SEN; HH- Diamond
Earning miles with Silk Air?

Hi,

I took a flight with Silk Air from KL to Singapore as part of ticket booked with Singapore airlines and see my LH Miles and More card number on the ticket. But the miles have never been credited to my M&M account.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise if these count towards M&M account credit or not? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ivanko1976
I took a flight with Silk Air from KL to Singapore as part of ticket booked with Singapore airlines and see my LH Miles and More card number on the ticket. But the miles have never been credited to my M&M account.
Would appreciate if anyone can advise if these count towards M&M account credit or not? Thanks.
What does the M&M web site state about Silkair flights?
What was the booking class?
SQ or Silk air flight number?
http://www.wheretocredit.com/silkair
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by ivanko1976
Hi,

Silk Air is not a member of *A, hence no earn on M&M.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:04 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Yeah you have to be careful with Silk Air. Even if you book on SQ, if it's operated by Silk Air you won't get miles if my memory is correct.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: HON, SPG Amb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Jumeirah Gold, Marriott Plat
Yes, you won't get any miles for the flights... Had the issue a few months ago.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More- SEN; HH- Diamond
Ok, clear. Thanks to all for your feedback.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:46 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Same trick of SQ as of LH when you have an EW connection segment in Germans. As a Kris Flyer you will not get miles credited since EW is not *A.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Silk Air flights do credit to SQ if you have a KF account.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im hoping to transfer some miles over to SQ from Chase or Amexso that I can redeem for a Silk Air flight. Is that a simple process or does it take time?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SilkAir now earns award miles at M&M. If part of a LH/LX/OS/SN ticket its the usual 4-6 miles/€ or distance/booking class based: https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e..._basic_01.html
yurtripper and Gioventu like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Silk Air will be folded in to Singapore Airlines early next year and then this anomaly which has been around since SQ joined *A will cease.
nancypants, lhrpete and Gioventu like this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
As per current discussions in the SQ sub-forum, you can also earn MM status miles on MI flights now.

Source
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes it was in a recent M&M newsletter too
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
how about lounge access to silkair / SQ lounges when flying with silkair ticket and M&M gold card?
i remember before the announcement no miles and no lounge access though
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lacoca
how about lounge access to silkair / SQ lounges when flying with silkair ticket and M&M gold card?
i remember before the announcement no miles and no lounge access though

Star Alliance Gold members and KrisFlyer Elite Silver members travelling on SilkAir Economy Class are not entitled to access the lounge.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...lkair-lounges/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.